Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eagles Blog: Owens Calls Out Fans

Default Eagles Blog: Owens Calls Out Fans

Eagles Blog: Owens Calls Out Fans

If Donovan McNabb has his way, the feud with Terrell Owens will end Sunday and the two players would make a public show that they have moved on since last season.If Terrell Owens has his way, he will shut up Eagles fans, who he expects to boo him without mercy. And he has little mercy for Donovan McNabb.

Owens alluded to reporters Wednesday that claims from McNabb that the Eagles quarterback try to contact him during Owens' medical crisis were untrue.

Owens got testy when reporters brought up McNabb's efforts to contact Owens last week.

"You heard Joe Theisman say that," Owens said. When reporters told him McNabb repeated the story Wednesday, Owens said that wasn't accurate.

"I didn't get it," an agitated Owens said about McNabb's text message of support. "I didn't get it. I haven't seen (McNabb) or talked him. It is what it is."

Owens also inferred he had no plans of meeting up with McNabb on the field to bury the hatchet.

"I'm not going out of my way to try to appease (the media)."

Owens also inferred that McNabb was not in the best possible shape last season and better physical condition is helping McNabb on the field this year.

"He has gotten himself in a lot better shape," Owens said. "He wasn't out of shape last year but he has slimmed down a lot."

But Owens was more confrontational at his Wednesday press conference, particularly about Eagles' fans.

"I'm probably the most hated guy coming into Philly this weekend. I expect the worst," Owens said. "They may have to beef up security this week. I'm not going to let what the fans say or do take me out of my game."

Owens then went as far to challenge Eagles' fans to boo him, which he also said fans should do.

"I've already heard they have a little chant ready for me - 'O.D., O.D., O.D., O.D.' I'm ready for it. They are wasting their breath," Owens said.

McNabb only took one clear shot at Owens in his 10-minute press conference on Wednesday.

"We are playing family football," McNabb said. "No one has tried to stand amongst themselves away from the team or doing different things. They are playing well together."

But McNabb seem able to forget the 2005 season and move on.

"If we shake hands, chest bump or high five, you guys will talk about it," McNabb said about Owens' return to the Linc this Sunday. "I've moved past the issue and moved on."

But for several minutes, McNabb told reporters he tried to contact Owens last week after Owens accidentally overdosed on a mixture of pain killers and health supplements.

-nbc10

i can not wait for this game..wish i could be there to hear how loud it is when he comes out...Philly fans are not the nicest ...and he knows it...nothing against Dallas...but I hope Philly beats them..just to shut TO up..and my mother in law too shes got a thing for TO...why? no idea..hes an ass
    http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...ley_cheers.gif
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

I am a huge Dallas fan, have been since 2nd grade. And I was NOT HAPPY when they acquired TO. I do not like his attitude, his work ethic, his whining, his antics (on and off the field), and the general bullshit that comes along with a media whore like him. Having said that, this weeks game is going to be interesting, and I fully expect the Philly fans to give him a truly cold welcome back. I think based on emotion (and circumstances of the game (ie: home vs way, etc) that Philly will probably win the game....but we'll see when Philly comes to DALLAS.
    Side note: I live in Syracuse and Donovan McNabb was Syracuse Univ QB for 4 yrs, and was/is a hell of an athlete. He is a GOD in this town. I like him very much personally and as a fan of HIS, I always want to see him do well....except when he plays the Cowboys. heeheehee

i was a hardcore Dallas fan years back..and then i just kind of stopped watching football....now im back watching it, and love the eagles...Lynnie, i felt exactly the same way you did when the eagles got TO...yes he does have talent, and can play football...but has so much drama that comes along with him..its already starting in Dallas..hes doing the same crap he did here and in San Fran. I thought if anyone could change his ways...it would be Parcells, because he doesnt take any crap

"Once we win, it will be special," Owens said, later clarifying he wasn't guaranteeing a victory. "We're not going there to taste the cheesesteaks. We're not going there to visit the crack in the Liberty Bell. We're going up there to try to win a ballgame."

OD OD OD OD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I truly believe that TO is so incredibly insecure w/his talent and abilities as a football player that he almost HAS to pull this crap you know??? I know there's a term for it, and I cannot think of it. He's a loud mouth, and it detracts from the game and basically isn't helping ANYONE, most especially his team! And your right Silver, you'd think if anyone could tame that beast it would be Parcells, but wondering if even he can deal w/all his crap.
    Philly is a GREAT team, they're going to be extremely hard to beat. I smell a possible blow out towards the end...though I'm hoping I'm wrong.

Silver Member

I love you Donovan

Oh TO...sweetheart, you just made a shit storm into a fire fight.
    Good luck with that asshole!

Edited to add-
    I hope Dawkins takes his head off...just sayin
    Last edited by MgMMD; October 5th, 2006 at 06:05 PM. Reason: more TO hate
    http://dorkdejour.blogspot.com Just Pimpin my Podcast!!

Donovan is an awesome QB. Should have seen him (or maybe you did) run around the field during the Syracuse days....he was a marvel--just a joy to watch! Oh how we loved him! And how sad we were to see him go, but always wish him well.

Another side note: Donovan worked at a resturant in Syracuse p/t as the host--and wore one of those name tags that said 'Hi my name is Don'....and he was so nice, so cute. The kids LOVED HIM. He truly seemed like a geniune, down to earth kind of guy--hope he still is.

Silver Member

Lynnie...can I sniff you? roflmao!!
    I love Donovan!!
    http://dorkdejour.blogspot.com Just Pimpin my Podcast!!

KD
    Elite Member

TO is cancer. Pure and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by KD View Post
    TO is cancer. Pure and simple.

oo your sooo right!!!! My boyfriend bought a TO jersey when he was still with the eagles (stupid move in my eyes) but now that we have Stallworth..he turned his jersey inside out, so now it shows #18, and put Stallworths name on the back of the jersey too

Donovan does seem like a really nice guy...i know a lot of people around here think hes overrated..one of my friends went to the San Fran Eagles game out in San Fran the other week and said they all went down to the field after the game to try and get autographs..and that most of the well known players, including mcnabb just walked right by all the fans, and straight to their families...which in a way, i can understand, but show your fans some love...haha he doesnt know half the autographs he got because they all came out in plain clothes

i also hope Dawkins rips his head off... Ill have my Dawkins jersey on just waiting for it!!!

Wow, there are Eage fans that think Donovan is overrated?? That is shocking to me...but, that's their opinion right? I will NEVER EVER be over how the Eagles fans BOOOED him when he was drafted by Philly. EVER. Thought it was horrible....and now look at what he has helped do there...

Another quick Donovan story: My hubby and I (both huge Cowboys fans) went to Dallas to see a game (birthday present) and they just happened to be playing the Eagles. It was Donovan's FIRST CAREER START. Now mind you, we are also huge Syracuse Univ football fans (have had season tickets for YEARS) so it was a huge kick to see A) our fav NFL team in THEIR home stadium and B) our fav college QB--and to see his very first NFL start. Well, we were so excited, we got to the stadium like 3 hrs early (total tourists) and both teams were warming up. Donovan was pretty close to where we were standing, so we yelled to him 'Hey Donovan--we're from Syracuse!!' and he came over and said hello!! Just for like a second, but I mean, we were both head to toe in COWBOYS gear so it was obvious we wouldn't be rooting for him in this game. But it was very nice.
    Unfortunately, he was carried off the field in that game, in about the 3rd quarter.....he was ok, but his first NFL start didn't go so well for him....
    Good guy....

Lynnie

eagles fans booed Santa Claus..and threw snowballs at him

dont ever be surprised at who they boo

Quote Originally Posted by silver024 View Post
    Lynnie

eagles fans booed Santa Claus..and threw snowballs at him

dont ever be surprised at who they boo
    What was I thinking?? You're right! But Santa Claus?? Holy shit thats funny....

Bet the on site jail is going to be hopping today at the game! Those crazy fans were out there at 6 am tailgating for a 4 pm game. Gonna be all sorts of nuts in that stadium. Gotta give them credit though, they are certainly passionate about their team.

philly is definitely passionate about their teams...i know, santa claus is a little overboard...hehe they threw snowballs at jimmie johnson before too i dont know if you watched any of the pregame on fox, i think it was fox, with terry, howie, jimie and whats his face, joe buck i guess..anyway they were in philly...anytime the cowboys were mentioned or jimmie talked..they booed

it was an awesome game..i could not believe they only got the ball to TO 3xs..i loved it! he was being such a cry baby on the side lines..yelling at the offensive coach...and donovan had a lil smirk on his face when the fans started chanting OD OD OD OD!! I was listening to a radio station on thursday or friday and they were asking the one guy what his prediction was..and he said...200 in the 1st quarter, 150 in the 2nd..and the other guys were like what are you talking about?? and the guy goes..o i thought we were talking about how many fans would be arrested...i didnt hear too much about the fans being really rowdy...there were about 5 cops surrounding TO whenever he went to the bench though

should be very interesting when philly goes to dallas!

Certainly was a good game--had me on the age of my seat, on the verge of a stroke at any given moment. Eagles deserved to win, as apparently Drew Bledsoe doesn't know which team to throw the ball to....ugh. And TO was just a jerk. But did I expect anything less?? Nope. He was a HUGE baby.
    I saw some of the pregame and that was funny w/Jimmy Johnson. I laughed my ass off....

KD
    Elite Member

One of the sportswriters dubbed him "Terrible Terrell." Appropriate, I thought. If Jerry Jones is moronic enough to sign TO, someone with a long history, they (The Cowboys) deserve whatever they get.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information