Like Tree13Likes
  • 13 Post By twitchy2.0

Thread: Moron, taking things literally, removes car safety feature

Default Moron, taking things literally, removes car safety feature

Chicago Bulls player who signed a $95 million contract removed the rearview mirror in his car so that he can't look 'back'

By Scott Davis 3 hours ago

(Jonathan Daniel/Getty)
    Jimmy Butler made the All-Star team last year after averaging 20 points per game.

After a breakout season that saw him make the All-Star team and win Most Improved Player, Chicago Bulls guard Jimmy Butler was rewarded with a five-year, $95 million contract. And Butler, literally, has no intentions of looking back.
    Butler's rise has been a storied one. Butler came from a rough background in which he grew up without his father, was kicked out of his mother's house, played a year in junior college before transferring to Marquette, and didn't get drafted until the 30th pick in 2011. Now, he's a max. contract player in the NBA.

In a profile by Chicago Magazine's Bryan Smith, Butler said he wants to put his past behind him so much that he removed the rearview mirror from his car so that he can't look back.
    Questions about driving safety aside, Butler actually has some pretty good reasoning.
    "Itís because I donít ever want that to define me," he told Smith. "I hated it whenever it came up because thatís all anybody ever wanted to talk about. Like, that hasnít gotten me to where I am today. Iím a great basketball player because of my work. Iím a good basketball player because of the people I have around me. And if I continue to be stuck in the past, then I wonít get any better. I wonít change, Iíll get stuck as that kid."

"Thatís not who I am," Butler continued. "Iím so far ahead of that. I donít hold grudges. I still talk to my family. My mom. My father. We love each other. Thatís never going to change."
    Butler was the winner of one of the greatest gambles in recent memory in the NBA. Butler, at the time a high-end role player, turned down a four-year, $40 million contract extension from the Bulls last season, gambling that he'd out-play it. His new $95 million deal proves that he obviously did.
    So, as long as Butler is still using his side mirrors for safety purposes, he can be forgiven for not wanting to look backward.
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/chicag...133947450.html

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

The thread title says it all. Just because you passed by it doesn't mean it has anything to do with your past.

"His suits are cheaply made because he makes them in other countries, taking jobs away from good, hard-working Americans."...Bevy Smith on Donald Trump

I just found the reddit thread about this. Comedy gold!

Ė]UnfamiliarTruth 1333 points 7 hours ago
    Should also remove brakes so there's no stopping him.

[Ė]tarantinostoeblast[S] 653 points 7 hours ago
    Take out the head lights, can't see my haters.

[Ė]SuperSmith_ 415 points 7 hours ago
    Remove the steering wheel, there's no switching lanes now.

[Ė]SnipeyMcSnipe 464 points 7 hours ago
    Get rid of the seatbelts, ain't nothin holding me back.

[Ė]SuperSmith_ 320 points 7 hours ago
    Remove the passenger seats, I ride alone.

[Ė]SuperWhexican 326 points 6 hours ago
    Remove the top so that the sky's the limit.

[Ė]Insomnialcoholic 133 points 6 hours ago
    Just make sure there's a sunroof so you can break through that glass ceiling.

[Ė]nolife13 [score hidden] 6 hours ago
    Remove the AC so he's always hot.

[Ė]Mickey_Bricks [score hidden] 5 hours ago
    Take out the sun visors so his future stays bright.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

It's illegal, yes?

Don't want no judge holding him back!
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

This is awesome. It would be even better if Jimmy Butler read this.
    "His suits are cheaply made because he makes them in other countries, taking jobs away from good, hard-working Americans."...Bevy Smith on Donald Trump

Thread Information