Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By greysfang
  • 1 Post By A*O
  • 1 Post By A*O

Thread: Aussie tennis brat Bernard Tomic arrested in Miami

A*O

Default Aussie tennis brat Bernard Tomic arrested in Miami

This boorish, arrogant, entitled brat is widely considered to be a complete nightmare to deal with. Tennis Australia should walk away even though they helped create the monster by elevating him to God-like status.

Bernard Tomic has been arrested and charged with resisting arrest after allegedly refusing to turn down loud music in his suite at a Miami Beach hotel.

Miami Beach police say officers responded at around 5.30am on Wednesday to the $700-a-night West South Beach Hotel after the tennis star refused to comply with requests from hotel security to lower the volume after complaints of early morning partying.

The trouble prone 22-year-old pointed his finger aggressively at hotel security officers and dismissed police officers’ requests leave the hotel before he was arrested, handcuffed and transported to Miami’s Turner Guilford Knight Correctional Center.

He is seen shirtless in the mugshot released by the Miami Beach Police Department, which charged him with resisting a police officer without violence and trespassing.

Hotel security officers said that after other guests complained about the noise, they went to the penthouse three times in an attempt to end the noise but, according to witnesses, Tomic closed the door on them.

“The hotel decided they didn’t want to deal with him anymore and told us, ‘We want him out’,” Miami Beach detective Vivian Thayer said.

Tomic, who had friends in the penthouse, “pointed his finger aggressively towards the hotel security officers and continued to play loud music”, according to the police report.

When police arrived they allegedly told him he was being evicted from the hotel and gave him a trespass warning.

He was told several times if he did not pack his belongings and leave he would be arrested for trespassing, police said.

“Remaining guests in the room left and the defendant wilfully remained in the room refusing to comply,” the police report states. “Defendant was verbally warned again that he was being evicted and was no longer allowed to be in the hotel.

“Defendant once again verbally and physically refused to comply with officer commands.”

Tomic was then arrested.

It continues a tumultuous fortnight for Tomic, who was kicked off Australia’s Davis Cup team for a tirade against Tennis Australia at Wimbledon and was knocked out in the first round of the Hall of Fame Tennis Championships in Rhode Island

The Australian
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

He sounds like a peach.

He can't be that much of a sports God if I've never heard of him...
    MontanaMama and BITTER like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

A*O

Whaaaaa? He's a Strayan farkin legend mate.
    Dame Edna Everage

Elite Member

I'm in a fight with Tennis Australia: Bernard Tomic

I'm in a fight with Tennis Australia: Bernard Tomic

Nine News
    Quinn Jones 6 hrs ago

Tennis bad boy Bernard Tomic is refusing to back down from his fight with Tennis Australia despite again apologising for his role in a wild party which ended with his arrest in Miami.

Tomic was taken into custody after failing to follow police orders to leave his $A9400-a-night hotel penthouse following a series of complaints about loud music and partying on Friday.

And after trying to laugh off the incident, the 22-year-old was forced to apologise and accept the blame upon his release from bail.

But on Saturday morning (AEST), Tomic told Nine he was "in a fight with Tennis Australia" while explaining his arrest as a "misfortunate" incident.

When asked if he was ready to make peace with the governing body, Tomic responded with a blunt message.

"Things aren’t good … I'm in a fight with Tennis Australia," he said.

"Obviously they have some stuff they did, (which) is not good.

"But I don’t think I'll be talking to them anytime soon."

© Julian Finney/Getty Images Tennis bad boy Bernard Tomic is refusing to back down from his fight with Tennis Australia.

However, Tomic tried to clear the air with Pat Rafter after the dual major winner and former Davis Cup winner claimed his former charge had hit "rock bottom"

"I'm not in a fight with (Rafter), he's a nice guy," Tomic said.
    "Everyone thinks we're in a fight but we're not.
    "We're good."

And in a later statement outside his Miami home, Tomic again apologised before lending his support for his Davis Cup teammates as they look to comeback from a 2-0 deficit against Kazakhstan.

"I would like to take this time now to say I was watching (the Davis Cup) inside this morning and to wish my teammates good luck," Tomic said.
    "We're losing now 2-0 and it's a big thing.
    "I hope they can turn it around to win.

"I'd hoped to be there but I'm not, so, in spirit, I'm watching from the house."And I wish everyone good luck in the Davis Cup."

Elite Member

Kyrgios joins Tomic in a race to the bottom

Kyrgios joins Tomic in a race to the bottom

The Roar
    David Lord 39 mins ago

© Getty Images Are they both trying to outdo each other?

Super talented Nick Kyrgios bombed an ideal chance to redeem himself on the opening day of the Davis Cup quarter final clash with Kazakhstan at Darwin.

After teenager Thanasi Kokkinakis was hammered in straight sets by the Kazhk number one Mikhail Kukushkin, the scene was set for Kyrgios to win back a few fans by evening the score against the 115th-ranked Aleksandr Nedovyesov.

But the 41st-ranked Kyrgios blew the chance big time.

In the first tie-breaker set loss, Kyrgios received a code violation for belting a ball clear out of the stadium.

Kyrgios won the second tie-breaker set, but was not only broken at 5-4 serving for the third set, but lost again in the subsequent tie-breaker.

Down two sets to one, Kyrgios was now fuming, leaving his racquet a crumpled wreck after whacking the net, and in the next game was heard to mutter “I don’t want to be here”.

What gives with this bloke?

He has so much to offer, yet he and close friend Bernard Tomic just don’t know how to behave.

Before the Kyrgios Darwin explosions, Tomic had one of his own, charged with resisting arrest and trespass in Miami.

Are they both trying to outdo each other?

It’s been 15 years since Australia has had two world class men on the tournament circuit in Pat Rafter and Lleyton Hewitt.

Kyrgios and Tomic were heading in that direction until Tomic gave Tennis Australia and Rafter such a massive spray at Wimbedon, he was banned from taking part in this Davis Cup tie.

Originally, Kyrgios said he would support Tomic by making himself unavailable for Darwin. A rare wiser head prevailed.

But Australian Cup captain Wally Masur, a dedicated bloke, didn’t grab the opportunity to cool Kyrgios down. Instead, he said “I won’t do anything to change Nick, he is a different individual”.

That he is, but it’s easy to see how such a volatile talent could so quickly disappear down the toilet.

And what a tragic waste that would be.

The precocious talent problem with both Kyrgios and Tomic is crystal clear – how can their careers be saved first of all, and secondly how can that talent be harnessed?

There are no easy answers, especially if Kyrgios and Tomic prefer to be loose cannons.

But first things first, there’s a Davis Cup tie to be salvaged.

With Kokkinakis beaten 6-4 6-3 6-3 and Kyrgios going down 7-6 6-7 7-6 6-4 on day one, 34-year-old Lleyton Hewitt – with 27-year-old Sam Groth – must win today’s doubles to keep the tie alive.

Kyrgios will play the first of the reverse singles tomorrow, and must win, leaving Kokkinakis to win the final match.

Judging by yesterday, salvaging this tie will be a lost cause.

But it’s another ideal time for Kyrgios to stand up and be counted, this time for his country.

Those chances are not only wearing thin, but running out.

A*O

Wankers. I hope they crash and burn.
    Jazzy likes this.
    Dame Edna Everage

There is an epic clip out there of Tomic asking a tennis line judge to toss Tomic's dad out of the match. What's especially funny is that Tomic's dad is his COACH.

A*O

Yes, his dad is the nightmare Balkan tennis parent/coach. Theirs is a very volatile love/hate relationship. His dad may have taught him how to play tennis but he's failed miserably at teaching him some basic respect, humility and manners.
    Jazzy likes this.
    Dame Edna Everage

Tomic has been the Bieber of tennis ever since I knew of him, I've always thought he was a massive twat. Every time Djokovic has batted him aside at Wimbledon I've celebrated. I see Kyrgios is waiting in the wings to take over the Twattery if Tomic has to abdicate.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Hit By Ban Bus!

What a lil bitch thang he became.

Thread Information