Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By msdeb
  • 1 Post By Seth82

Thread: Jake "The Snake" Roberts has Cancer

Default Jake "The Snake" Roberts has Cancer

god sure has a sick sense of humor.

Guy cleans up, gets healthy, so this shit happens. I hope Jake beats it fast and gives cancer the DDT.

He was such a huge part of my childhood.

Jake "The Snake" Roberts -- I Have Cancer | TMZ.com

JAKE "THE SNAKE" ROBERTS

I HAVE CANCER

Jake "The Snake" Roberts has a cancerous tumor behind his knee ... and the wrestler says it's slowly growing into his muscle -- so he needs emergency surgery to remove the growth.

Roberts tells TMZ ... he noticed a tumor behind his knee the size of a half dollar last month so he had it tested ... and on Friday doctors told him the test came back positive for cancer.

Jake says he's scheduled to go under the knife Tuesday morning ... and after a few weeks off -- he'll make his return to Jersey Championship Wrestling on March 14th -- cancer, or not.

Jake adds, "If the devil can't defeat me, cancer doesn't stand a chance in hell! Pray for sick children who face this horrible disease 'cause The Snake will be just fine."

As for his upcoming induction into the WWE Hall of Fame ... the wrestler says nothing will stop him from getting to New Orleans for the ceremony.

Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

i met Jake the Snake in the 80's at a wrestling thing here in San Diego. Nice guy. He's had a LOT of issues, but has turned his life around.

i hope he makes a full recovery.
    chartreuse likes this.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Some guys just can't catch a break in life. Jake has been through more shit dealing with bad family history and his own personal problems that would of put the majority 6 feet under, and he survived, only to have a curve ball thrown at him.

This story is the opposite of what Mickey Mantle went through. Mantle thought for sure he would die of a hereditary disease and destroyed himself through substances. Jake tried destroying himself through substance abuse, survived that and gets hit with the big C.
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

Love this guy. One of my favorties. I wish I still had my shirt. I hope he totally recovers.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I've met him as well, he did some outreach work at my high school back in the day. He seems to be a really nice guy. Hope he recovers.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

I haven't heard the latest on Jake.

He got inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame this weekend though.

It was a very moving and sad speech
    @NickoMoralesXXX

WWE Hall Of Famer Announces He's Now Cancer Free, This Week's After Total Divas Video - WrestlingInc.com

- 2014 WWE Hall of Fame Jake "The Snake" Roberts tweeted the following update on his health today:

"Must have one more surgery on spot on leg to b sure area cancer free. Have to have scans done every 3 months to monitor my body. Cancer free"

"Indeed cancer free and sober one day at a time. Happy Easter and God bless all"
    gas_chick likes this.
    @NickoMoralesXXX

awesome!
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

He sounded to.have a great attitude towards it, which, I am convinced is part of it
    Free Charmed.

awesome I loved him back when I still watched wrestling
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Elite Member

Such great news. There are times I wish I hadn't spent so much time watching wrestling, so many people gone and so young!

Jake sure can't seem to catch a break.

Jake 'The Snake' Roberts HOSPITALIZED With Double Pneumonia | TMZ.com

JAKE 'THE SNAKE' ROBERTS

HOSPITALIZED WITH DOUBLE PNEUMONIA

Jake "The Snake" Roberts was rushed to a Las Vegas hospital Wednesday night ... and doctors say he has double pneumonia.

The WWE Hall of Famer fell ill on a flight from Atlanta to Vegas ... and was immediately hospitalized when he landed. We're told he's been in and out of consciousness ever since.

Wrestler Sinn Bodhi -- who has been at Jake's bedside all night -- tells us Roberts went to a doctor 2 weeks ago, and was told he had the flu and needed rest.

Bodhi says Jake's been in pain since ... but didn't think it was a big deal because of the prognosis.

We're told Roberts is in ICU, and his immune system is in bad shape. Doctors are letting him rest for a few days while they take more tests.

Bodhi adds, "Right now, we're all just staying positive."

@NickoMoralesXXX

this is not looking good.

Jake Roberts reported to have brain abnormality

Jake Roberts reported to have brain abnormality

According to Kyle Magee, the lawyer, roommate and manager of Jake Roberts, the mass discovered in the head of Jake Roberts in testing this weekend was described as a brain abnormality.

Magee wrote that in a letter to Bill Apter. He theorized the abnormality came from all the bumps he had taken as a pro wrestler.

Magee said that Roberts was not unconscious on the flight, and had notified flight attendants of his severe pain and shortness of breath, and was rushed to the hospital and put in an induced coma at that point.

In the letter, Magee said Roberts had been sick for at least a week but wanted to do Sinn Bohdi's show in Las Vegas on Friday. On the flight Roberts was in severe pain with his chest tightening and he was having difficulty breathing, and was found to have very limited functioning of his lungs due to double pneumonia.
    @NickoMoralesXXX

Sinn Bodhi (aka Kizarny) noted on Facebook this evening that WWE Hall of Famer Jake Roberts has been sedated and put on a ventilator in order to help oxygen get into his lungs as he continues to fight double pneumonia.

Doctors are waiting on additional MRIs and tests until they can get the pneumonia under control.

Bodhi, who has been with Roberts over the last several days, noted that fans can leave Roberts get well messages at his Twitter account, @JakeSnakeDDT.
    @NickoMoralesXXX

Jake 'The Snake' Roberts Joking With Nurses At Hospital, Undergoes A Bronchoscopy - WrestlingInc.com

Sinn Bodhi posted the following update on Jake "The Snake" Roberts late Sunday night:

"UPDATE on Jake the Snake Roberts: Today Jake underwent a Bronchoscopy... An invasive surgery to remove phlegm etc trapped in his lungs... He is breathing better but still on ventilator. In the moments of Jake being awake from sedation today he was telling jokes & messing with nurses! That is a good sign!!! That's Jake being Jake! Tomorrow or next day docs will give Jake oxygen tests to see how well he can breath without ventilator and proceed from there... GetBetterJake"

@NickoMoralesXXX

Thread Information