Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree146Likes

Thread: 2014 Sochi Olympics *SPOILER* thread

Default 2014 Sochi Olympics *SPOILER* thread

This thread isn't to compete with the main Olympics thread that Bella created, but is just to talk about event results as they happen in a separate thread. That way we won't spoil the outcome for anyone who hasn't seen the results or event yet.

First up airing tonight beginning at 8/7 CST is Figure Skating, Snowboarding, and Women's Freestyle Skiing.

For anyone who's into figure skating, the team event is already looking dismal for the U.S.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

The US could still win bronze if Wagner doesn't completely bomb her SP and if Davis and White skate the free dance instead of pulling out.

NBC sucks. I hate that we can't watch this shit until tonight. Being on the west coast blows even more. You really can't avoid spoilers anymore.
    angelais and C_is_for_Cookie like this.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Slush, do you know if the team event is on Ice Network? I don't subscribe, but I'm curious about what's going on. And yes, NBC sucks, deb.

I don't know, but their website has no videos up yet so I'd assume not. Sorry, I'm in the UK so I don't really know how American coverage works. I'm using the BBC coverage which I would recommend if you can get a geo-blocker or whatever it's called so it doesn't recognise that you're in a foreign country.
    Laurent likes this.

I KNEW Jeremy would do this to me. I KNEW IT. I even posted it in the figure skating thread, how he made me love him at nationals again against my better judgement because he was just going to fuck it up at the Olympics. He's like an abusive boyfriend, I keep believing he's going to change. Not cool Jeremy. One another note, I'm loving that Plushenko is ahead of Patrick after Patrick snarking about Plushenko's age. Plushenko's skating may not be to your taste but what the man has achieved is incredible. That quad toe triple toe was classic.
    Laurent, BITTER, Fairy and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusalka View Post
    I'm loving that Plushenko is ahead of Patrick
    There is not enough likes for this sentence alone. I hope Plush makes a big embarrassing mess out of Chan and his big, fat mouth during these games.

ETA: Watching Plush just now and was amazed that he is mullet-free! Never seen that happen. I thought he must've blown his ACL on that triple axel because he had to make that knee work. As obnoxious as he can be, he's still entertaining. And still smoking Chan.
    Last edited by Laurent; February 6th, 2014 at 07:50 PM.
    Rusalka likes this.

Silver Member

If Plushenko beats Patrick, I will be ecstatic. I didn't realize he had cut his hair, and was wondering what was different.
    Laurent likes this.

Silver Member

This youtube Xsounders - YouTube has videos up, for the Men's short program

here's a stream to watch it live

Winter Olympics Stream
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

Thanks, Seth - link works too.
    Seth82 likes this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

I've been searching..is there or will there be an Olympic Hottie Thread?

Canada's outfits were great as usual. Love the white tips of the mittens...very nice.
    whitetigeress likes this.

Ha, Robin Cousins doing the skating commentary on the Beeb is epic! He can be such a glorious bitch.
    Laurent likes this.

U.S. Figure Skating denies report of ice dance collusion
    Davis: "Unfortunate there is a story"

The first-ever Olympic figure skating 'team' event is getting underway in Sochi. And while the U.S. team does have a shot at a medal, the primary focus will soon shift to the individual events, where U.S. ice dancers are expected to shine. (Feb. 7)

By Philip Hersh, Tribune reporter

12:56 p.m. CST, February 8, 2014

SOCHI, Russia - U.S. Figure Skating called a report it is involved in collusion to fix the ice dance result in favor of U.S. couple Meryl Davis and Charlie White “categorically false."

The French newspaper L’Equipe, quoting an anonymous Russian coach, said the United States and Russia have struck a deal that would help Davis and White win the ice dance gold and Russia win both pairs and the team event.

The U.S. dancers have been in close competition with Canadian rivals Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir for five seasons. Virtue and Moir are reigning Olympic champions, Davis and White reigning world champions.

"Comments made in a L’Equipe story are categorically false," U.S. Figure Skating said in a statement. "There is no 'help’ between countries. We have no further response to rumors, anonymous sources or conjecture."

International Skating Union spokesperson Selina Vanier said in an email Saturday, "The ISU does not react to allegations without evidence."

In the short dance phase of the team event Saturday night, Davis and White scored 75.98 to 72.98 for Virtue and Moir. The Canadians were penalized because Virtue made a significant mistake on one element, a form of pirouette known as a twizzle.

“The disappointment on our faces is because of our performance and not what went on with the judges,” Moir said.

Both he and Virtue said they were unconcerned about the report of a deal. Davis said she had not heard about it until asked by reporters after the short dance.

“It’s unfortunate there is an article,” she said. “We are confident what we are putting out on the ice speaks for itself.”

Marina Zoueva, who coaches both teams, said she had not “read anything.”

Zoueva said the short dance marks were “reasonable. Tessa made a technical mistake, and Meryl and Charlie skated clean. I can see (how) they can get a little bit better.”

Michael Slipchuk, Skate Canada's high performance director, said in an emailed statement he was aware of the L'Equipe article but preferred not to comment directly on it.

"Canada is confident that the results of the competition will be determined where they should be, on the ice," Slipchuk said.

At the Salt Lake City Olympics, an alleged deal involving the pairs and dance results led the International Olympic Committee to award a second pairs gold to Canadian pair Jamie Sale and David Pelletier. They finished second in the judging to Russian team Elena Bereznaia and Anton Sikharulidze.

The deal, involving and exposed by French judge Marie-Reine LeGougne, was to ensure that the Russians and a French couple, Marina Anissina and Gwendal Peizeray, won the dance.

In the aftermath, the International Skating Union revamped the entire scoring and judging system in an attempt to negate any impact of attempts at score trading.

"We have lived through Sale and Pelletier,” Moir said. “Figure skating has a storied past with all that stuff.”
    U.S. Figure Skating denies report of ice dance collusion - chicagotribune.com

Rusalka, McJag, Laurent and 1 others like this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information