Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By McJag

Thread: WWE Legend Mae Young enters Hospice Care

Default WWE Legend Mae Young enters Hospice Care

She is a tough lady but this doesn't sound good.

WWE Legend Mae Young falls ill - Columbus Pro Wrestling | Examiner.com

WWE Legend Mae Young falls ill

WWE and ladies wrestling legend Mae Young has reportedly taken ill and after a stay in the hospital she has been discharged, sent home Monday and is under hospice care.

Young, 90, is thought to be one of the oldest living professional wrestlers with a career that spans decades beginning in 1939 and continuing as of 2010 and including sporadic appearances on WWE RAW during comedy spots.

The longtime companion of perennial Ladies World Champion The Fabulous Moolah was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame with Moolah in 2007.

Young was instrumental in bringing women's wrestling to the forefront of the sport in the early 40s and her career peaked in the 1950s when she won several NWA Ladies Championships and tag team championships. Young was also a revered trainer along with Moolah and others who helped a number of lady wrestlers enter into the sport.

As a testimony to just how tough Mae Young was, she was powerbombed through a table by Bubba Ray Dudley, not once but twice in 2000 at the age of 77.

While hospice care does not necessarily mean Young is close to being called Home, family and friends are asking for all the thoughts and prayers from fans and those in the business who love her.

Though the exact condition of Young is not readily available sources close to her say she fell unexpectedly ill shortly after being asked to appear on the January 6, 2014 edition of RAW.

More details as they become available.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

Seth, I love you for being into this stuff. One of my best friends in high school could name about 50 WWF wrestlers at the drop of a hat. At the time, it was guys like Killer Khan, the Iron Sheik, Abdullah the Butcher, Fuji and Saito, Jimmy Superfly Snookah, Black Jack Mulligan, Andre the Giant, Ken Patera, and Hulk Hogan. And my friend's favorite song was "Pencil Neck Geek", by Classy Freddie Blassie.

She was scheduled to do Next weeks Raw, but cancelled. So sad. She's awesome

i do love me some wrestling.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Mae Young passes at 90 | WWE.com

Mae Young passes at 90

WWE is greatly saddened by the news that WWE Hall of Famer Mae Young, beloved member of the WWE family and oldest living squared circle personality, has passed at the age of 90.

Johnnie Mae Young was truly one of the greatest female competitors to ever lace up a pair of boots. A proud competitor for three quarters of a century and valued part of WWE to her last day, Young truly blazed a path for future female grapplers beginning in the 1940s.

From the moment she first stepped through the ropes, Young established herself as one of the most active and successful female Superstars – including becoming the first U.S. Women's Champion, carrying out one of the most storied rivalries of the time with the legendary Mildred Burke in 1954 and being among the first female competitors to tour post-war Japan.

In addition to her contributions inside the ring, Young played a huge part in training the Superstars of tomorrow, including late, great Hall of Famer The Fabulous Moolah – the longest reigning champion in sports-entertainment history.

In recent years, Young's career received the recognition it deserved. In 2005, she and several of her contemporaries were profiled in “Lipstick and Dynamite,” a documentary film about the early pioneers of women's wrestling. In 2008, Young joined co-star, trainee and late friend Moolah and "Sensational" Sherri Martel in the highest class of Superstars, as she became only the third femaleto be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame at that time.

The entire WWE Universe offers a standing ovation to a true queen of the canvas and bids Mae Young a heartfelt farewell.

My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

She was extremely blessed in life and I hope after.
    Seth82 likes this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Triple H, The Rock And Others Comment On Mae Young, Another Tribute Video From WWE - WrestlingInc.com

Triple H, The Rock And Others Comment On Mae Young, Another Tribute Video From WWE

- WWE has posted a longer tribute video for Mae Young, as seen above.

- Here are some reactions on her passing from around the wrestling world:

Jim Ross
    : "The legendary Johnnie Mae Young has passed. The Oklahoman lead an amazing life. Her mental/physical toughness is an inspiration to all. RIP"

Natalya: "I'll always remember Mae Young. We shared wonderful memories of my grandfather. She made me want to fight. There was no one like her."

MVP: "Every time I saw Mae Young, EVERY TIME, she would greet me with a BIG smile & hug & then say "Now what was your name again?" & laugh! RIP"

Mickie James
    : "A fighter until the very end! Forever in our hearts,memories, & fighting spirit! A true HOF legend! #RIPMaeYoung"

Todd Grisham: "Rest in Peace Mae Young. One of the greatest female wrestlers ever. She was always very nice to me and was forever smiling."

Triple H
    : "#RIPTheOneandOnlyGreatMaeYoung Thank you for your example to my girls on how to get all you want out of life! #pioneer #legend #whatarun"

The Rock
    : "She's a wrestling pioneer. I truly had deep affection & respect for "Aunty Mae" Young. RIP. #IMissUMae"
    @NickoMoralesXXX

Thread Information