Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By McJag
  • 2 Post By MohandasKGanja

Thread: WWE Superstar Darren Young comes out

Default WWE Superstar Darren Young comes out

good for Darren.

He just became the only openly gay wrestler in WWE.

WWE Superstar Darren Young Comes Out -- I'm Gay | TMZ.com

WWE superstar Darren Young just dropped a bombshell, telling TMZ, he's gay ... and no, this isn't part of the act.

Darren was at LAX Wednesday when we asked whether a gay wrestler could succeed in WWE, and Darren laughed, saying, "Absolutely. Look at me. I'm a WWE superstar and to be honest with you, I'll tell you right now, I'm gay. And I'm happy. I'm very happy."

For the record, Darren is now the first openly gay wrestler ever at WWE ... and the first headlining wrestler ever to come out while still signed to a major promotion.

Other pro wrestlers have been rumored to be gay, but that's it ... just rumors.

Bottom line: this is big, big news. For all its chauvinism and testosterone-driven bravado, coming out in WWE is tantamount to coming out in the NFL.

Of course, wrestling is a little different, particularly because of how physical it is, and how little clothing is involved -- but Darren is completely unfazed. Watch the video to hear why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

Good for him.
    levitt likes this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Woo!!! Keep em coming out!
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I am not a fan of his, but good for him. (Seth, it was either you or me posting this article LOL)
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

How ironic is it that it has taken this long for someone to officially come out in the most homoerotic sport in all of human history?
    Sylkyn and Bellatheball like this.

Darren Young Gets Support From Fellow WWE Superstars On Twitter / Queerty

Following what could possibly be the most nonchalant coming out in history this morning, WWE Superstar Darren Young is getting some massive congratulations from fellow athletes and fans alike.

This technically makes him the first openly gay WWE Superstar, which the organization was quick to applaud in a statement this morning:

via WWE:

“WWE is proud of Darren Young for being open about his sexuality, and we will continue to support him as a WWE Superstar. Today, in fact, Darren will be participating in one of our Be A Star anti-bullying rallies in Los Angeles to teach children how to create positive environments for everyone regardless of age, race, religion or sexual orientation.”

My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

Darren Young Is In Love, Wants To Be A Role Model For Gay Athletes / Queerty

Darren Young Is In Love, Wants To Be A Role Model For Gay Athletes

It’s been a week of major revelations for WWE Superstar Darren Young (real name: Fred Rosser). After coming out in the most nonchalant way possible to a TMZ photographer at LAX’s baggage claim yesterday morning, the pro athlete appeared on Today this morning and revealed something more: He’s in love!

He told Matt Lauer that he “felt like it was the right place and the right time” to come out, but was partly motivated by fear. He said he’s been “suppressing these feelings for so long” and feared that someone else may have outed him if he didn’t take control of the announcement. “I’ll be honest with you, I was terrified, and I think anybody in my shoes would feel the same way,’’ he said. “It took some guts.”

The announcement made Young the first openly gay WWE Superstar, which he said he hopes will make him a “role model to people that are afraid to come out.” He plans to take speaking opportunities in the future to help motivate and educate others.

When asked how he thinks he’ll be received when he enters the ring again, Young said “I will probably get a mixed reaction, maybe some good, some bad, but at the end of the day I want to be able to be a role model.” He’s also surprised by the overwhelmingly positive response he’s received.

“I have the best of both worlds,’’ he said. “I’m in love, and I wrestle for one of the greatest organizations in the world, the WWE, and I’m a lucky man.”

@NickoMoralesXXX

Default Darren Young: I Was 'Terrified' to Come Out

Darren Young: I Was 'Terrified' to Come Out - World Wrestling Entertainment : People.com

Darren Young: I Was 'Terrified' to Come Out

For years, wrestler Darren Young put on a brave face for his fans when he entered the ring, but in reality he was harboring a secret that was eating him up inside – he is gay.

"I was terrified of losing friends, losing my job, just everything," the World Wrestling Entertainment star, 29, exclusively tells PEOPLE in the latest issue. "I had no idea what would happen if I came out."

But Young's fears were put to rest on Aug. 14 after he announced his sexual orientation – a revelation he had shared with close family and friends two years ago – to a reporter with a camera who approached him at Los Angeles International Airport.

"There came a point in my life where I just wasn't happy living a double life," Young says about revealing his secret to the world and becoming the first openly gay WWE star. "It was spur of the moment, and I said what I said and I was confident. But when I left, I said to myself, 'What the hell did I just do?' "

Despite his fears, Young – known outside the WWE world as Fred Douglas Rosser III – was greeted with open arms by not only the organization's management and fans, but also his colleagues in the ring.

"They all embraced me, and that was just shocking to me. I truly love them," says Young, who resides in Miami with his boyfriend of two years, Niccolo "Nick" Villa, 25. "It was such a relief. I'm not hiding anymore and I'm living the dream."

For more on Young, his life with Villa and the reaction from the WWE world, pick up this week's issue of PEOPLE, on newsstands Friday.
    @NickoMoralesXXX

Thread Information