Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Cowboys’ Jerry Brown dead, teammate Josh Brent charged

Default Cowboys’ Jerry Brown dead, teammate Josh Brent charged

Dallas Cowboys' linebacker Jerry Brown Dies in alcohol-related crash

Cowboys linebacker Jerry Brown has died in an early morning car crash, and Cowboys nose tackle Josh Brent has been charged with intoxication manslaughter in Brown’s death.

The police department in Irving, Texas, has confirmed that Brown died in a crash early this morning and Brent (whose legal name is Josh Price-Brent) was charged.

“Officers at the scene believed alcohol was a contributing factor in the crash; therefore, Price-Brent was asked to perform field sobriety tests,” a statement from the Irving Police Department said. “Based on the results of the tests, along with the officer’s observations and conversations with Price-Brent, he was arrested for driving while intoxicated. He was transported to an area hospital for a mandatory blood draw. Once it was learned that the passenger of his vehicle had died as a result of the crash, Price-Brent was booked into the Irving City Jail on one count of Intoxication Manslaughter.”

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones released a statement expressing sadness at Brown’s death.

“We are deeply saddened by the news of this accident and the passing of Jerry Brown,” Jones said. “Our hearts and prayers and deepest sympathies are with the members of Jerry’s family and all of those who knew him and loved him.”

Brown and Brent were friends and teammates at Illinois before becoming teammates again with the Cowboys. Brown was 25.
    Ugh!
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

just sickening.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Too many teams experiencing tragedy this season.

- Mark Twain

Josh Brent had a prior DUI arrest in college

Posted by Darin Gantt on December 8, 2012, 4:08 PM EST
    The arrest for intoxication manslaughter was not the first time Josh Brent has been charged with drinking and driving.
    The Cowboys nose tackle, who was arrested Saturday morning after a one-car crash that killed teammate Jerry Brown also had a drunken driving arrest in Illinois when he was in college.
    In June 2009, he was sentenced to two years probation and 60 days in jail as part of a plea deal from a March 2009 DUI arrest in Champaign County, Illinois.
    According to Irving police spokesman John Argumaniz (via ESPNDallas.com), Brent was speeding when his vehicle hit a curb and flipped at least once. The accident happened around 2:20 a.m.
    The spokesman said Brown was unresponsive at the scene, and pronounced dead at the hospital. Brent was then booked at 4:14 a.m.
    That it was Brent’s second arrest on drunk driving charges is the sickening part of an avoidable tragedy.

msnbc.com
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Bastard. Nice to see he learned from his first DUI. RIP Jerry Brown.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

RIP Jerry Brown.

Just sad and horrible all around. I don't understand why people can't get a designated driver, a cab, a bus, whatever.
    Esco likes this.
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

Dumb fuck. Hope he feels terrible guilt for the rest of his life.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Shame!! Senseless
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Elite Member

Car service????? Jesus Christ! They have the money for it, why not call them? WTF is WRONG with people???
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

They don't even have to pay for the service. Every team provides a car/limo for drop offs and pick ups. I was listening to the FOX NFL Sunday pre-game show, and they said there is a phone number listed on their player/team ID cards. It is a service provided to the players by their teams, and they will come and pick them up. But many players don't want the coaches to know they were out drinking on the weekends before a game, so many don't use it. I guess the Josh was more worried about getting to start Sunday and looking good to his coach, than his passengers safety that night. Sad...all around. And it was SO preventable.

Jail time.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

I was just sick when I saw that this weekend. Two players dead in two weeks, first KC and now Dallas. The NFL seriously needs to crack down on shit like this instead of trying to help cover it up, and giving these jackasses contracts again when they get out of jail. If there are no real consequences, this shit will keep happening.
    Butterfly likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Makes you wonder if the alcohol and drug problems in professional sports are much worse than we think it is. (And yes, I think it is.)

- Mark Twain

it sucks but it could very easily have been the other way around with the the dead guy driving, and the one being charged as the victim. fact is, both of them are dumbasses for being in a car drunk, the fact that one of them was driving doesn't make the one that got into the car with him any less stupid. they were both out drinking together.
    Butterfly and chartreuse like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I dunno. Yes,both men were stupid. And young. Josh Brent is one shattered man. This was his best friend and roommate. When the police arrived Brent was pulling Jerry out of the burning car. The pictures we saw here of Brent leaving jail with a badly burned hand were of a shattered man.
    This might serve as a lesson for them all. It is just sad,sad. Jerry was so loved by his team. Most were in tears and this will take a long time to fade, if it ever does.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information