Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree121Likes

Thread: 2019-2020 Football Thread

fgg

Patriots cut Antonio Brown after latest allegations

After the latest allegations against Antonio Brown - he contacted a woman who made an anonymous allegation of sexual impropriety against him in a Sports Illustrated story - the New England Patriots have released him.

Brown effectively broke the news himself on Twitter, writing, “Thanks for the opportunity @Patriots #GoWinIt”.

A couple of minutes later, NFL Network confirmed the move.

The Patriots released a brief statement:

“The New England Patriots are releasing Antonio Brown. We appreciate the hard work of many people over the past 11 days, but we feel that it is best to move in a different direction at this time.”

Earlier Friday when he met with media, Patriots coach and de facto general manager Bill Belichick walked off the podium after around three minutes when he was peppered with only questions about Brown.

In his one game with New England, last Sunday in Miami, he recorded four catches for 56 yards and a touchdown.

NBC Sports Boston reported on Friday morning that the there was a Monday deadline for the Patriots to pay Brown the first $5 million of his $9 million signing bonus.

Last week, The MMQB reported that the language in Brown’s contract around his guaranteed money said that if the receiver “takes any action that materially undermines the public’s respect for, or is materially critical of, the Club, the Player’s teammates or the Club’s ownership, coaches, management, operations, or policies” then all guarantees will be null and void.

Reaching out to an accuser to intimidate her likely fell under the umbrella of “materially undermining the public’s respect for” the Patriots.

On Thursday night, Sports Illustrated reporter Robert Klemko posted a story that he’d been contacted by an attorney for the artist who alleges that Brown made sexual advances toward her in 2017, including approaching her fully naked and with only a small towel covering his penis as she painted a mural in his Pittsburgh-area home.

In group text messages that include the woman, some Brown associates and his lawyer, Darren Heitner, Brown posts pictures of the woman’s children and her Instagram account, telling the lackeys, “let’s look up her background history see how broke this girl is.”

The woman has not sought money from Brown, and in a letter to the NFL, her attorney Lisa J. Banks said she has no intention of seeking money from Brown for his sexual misconduct.

The lawyer wrote to the league on her client’s behalf hoping to put an end to the text messages, “which are clearly intended to threaten and intimidate her.”

The NFL responded to Banks’ letter within an hour of receiving it, arranging for a call between league investigators and the artist’s attorney.

Brown had become acquainted with the woman because she painted a portrait of him that was part of a charity auction; Brown, who agreed to take part in the auction and softball game benefitting National Youth Foundation, a Pennsylvania-based group, had topped the winning bidder in order to get the portrait of himself.

Then with the Pittsburgh Steelers, Brown approached the woman about painting a mural in his home; they agreed on a fee of $1,000 a day, and Brown sent a bus to New York City to bring her and some of his associates to Pittsburgh.

The woman said Brown began flirting with her on the first day she was there, but on the second day she turned around to find Brown standing behind her, naked save for the small hand towel.

Brown did pay her for two days’ work but then “ghosted” her, ceasing further contact.

The National Youth Foundation said Brown has not paid the $700 he bid for the portrait of him at the auction two years ago.

On September 10, a woman who had worked with Brown as a personal trainer filed a lawsuit against him in federal court, alleging that he forcibly raped her after two other incidents of sexual assault. The trainer stopped working with Brown after the first two incidents of assault, but after several months he apologized and asked to work with her again; it was after that point he allegedly raped her.

https://sports.yahoo.com/patriots-cu...201440184.html
    Brookie and C_is_for_Cookie like this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Amazing. This team harbored a murderer but can’t tolerate AB.
    Brookie, C_is_for_Cookie and fgg like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Was that a sign of life from the phins today?

Nearly got our ass beat by the lions today.
    Brookie likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Amazing. This team harbored a murderer but can’t tolerate AB.
    Harbored? Hernandez was released hours after getting arrested.

Wish they had cut AB as quickly.

Heard criticism that Pats held him too long, then criticism that they cut him too soon. Pats can't win..... oh wait. Yes, they do.

Our offense sucked today. Brady didn't do shit. Defense won that game.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Congrats, KC. Good game today against Detroit.
    greysfang likes this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Oy
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Boy that was a satisfying win for the Browns - was driving so only got to listen, but there was much hooping and hollering, clapping and cheering...(I was on a solo trek).
    greysfang and Brookie like this.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

OMG, Mahomes is hurt bad.
    Brookie likes this.

I'm sorry - it was such an ugly game and to lose him too.
    greysfang likes this.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

I can't believe that Matt Moore is starting for KC. Good Luck.

Moore is at least stable, our only other option is some kid we have stashed on the practice squad. We also have 2-3 emergency QBs on the team, guys who played QB in high school like Kelce, so we will survive. If Mahomes is going to be out more than 4 weeks or so we might have to trade for somebody or sign Kaep.
    Brookie likes this.

How about those Chiefs?!

Miami got their first win!
    Brookie, fgg and greysfang like this.

Lions blew another one.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Where's Montana?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information