Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Like Tree146Likes

Thread: 2014 Sochi Olympics *SPOILER* thread

I haven't given a shit about pairs skating in years, but Volosozhar/Trankov are making me love it again.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

I thought all the pairs were good. I am love with those Dutch twins! They should have called off the snowboard thing until they could straighten out that bumpy snow. Lucky someone did't get seriously hurt. Stilll,I did love that Swiss/Russian gold metalist.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    I thought all the pairs were good. I am love with those Dutch twins! They should have called off the snowboard thing until they could straighten out that bumpy snow. Lucky someone did't get seriously hurt. Stilll,I did love that Swiss/Russian gold metalist.
    A Dutch friend shared this clip with us of the Dutch Royals during the sprint match for men:

McJag and C_is_for_Cookie like this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    I thought all the pairs were good.
    I agree, it was entertaining in a way that I haven't seen it in years. Volosozhar and Trankov's waltz short program was really the showstopper for me, though - he had her practically in the rafters on that triple twist. They have chemistry that I haven't seen between a pair in ages. I've been assuming they're a real life couple, as well, though I don't think they've ever confirmed that.

In the pairs, I really enjoyed Stolbova and Klimov as well. Guess they'll be Russia's next big pair.

I was really bummed for Shaun White. He was very gracious and a good sport, though.

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    I was really bummed for Shaun White. He was very gracious and a good sport, though.
    I'm totally bummed too!

I thought he handled it like a champion though. When the Gold Medalist (forget his name) kept hugging him, it got really uncomfortable. I know the guy truly loves Shaun and looks up to him as his idol but I kept thinking.. let it go man! Shaun had to be so bummed.

For as big of an ego as some people say he has, he sure didn't let it show last night.

What a flop from Savchenko and Szolkowy. Very lucky to be on the podium.
    Brookie likes this.

That kid that won was so happy to be hugging Shaun, he was like a super fan that kept blabbing on and on! lol

Shaun had his big run of the day in the first heat when he qualified for the finals with the 95.?? score. (whatever the number was) If he had done that in the finals,...he would have beat that kid. I sure wanted him to go out a 3 time medal winner, because I just don't think he can even compete with these young kids in 2018. I am sure this is it for him, Olympic wise. I keep telling my girls that he shouldn't have cut his hair,....he lost his mojo.

I have just always liked Shaun. He will always be big in snow/skate boarding,...he is like the founding Father or Godfather of the sport.
    laynes likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Slushie View Post
    What a flop from Savchenko and Szolkowy. Very lucky to be on the podium.
    Seriously, what happened there? I read that they fell TWICE in the FS?! I thought there would be a dogfight for gold and they just limped into bronze.

I am thrilled about Tatiana Volosozhar and Maxim Trankov winning gold, though. Cannot wait to see their skate! If anyone comes across a vid of their FS in the meantime, I'd love to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    Seriously, what happened there? I read that they fell TWICE in the FS?! I thought there would be a dogfight for gold and they just limped into bronze.

I am thrilled about Tatiana Volosozhar and Maxim Trankov winning gold, though. Cannot wait to see their skate! If anyone comes across a vid of their FS in the meantime, I'd love to see it.
    Yup, he fell on the combination side-by-side jumps and then she got nowhere near the landing on the throw triple axel at the end. Even without those errors it was such a flat (and poorly constructed for their standards) performance.

V/T were OK, their long program is just intrinsically a lot weaker than their short and you could tell they were nervous. Stolbova and Klimov (who won the silver) were easily the best of the night.

Isn't that very close to what happened to S/S in Vancouver? I can't remember, but it seems like they had a similar come-apart there. Geez.

ETA: I had forgotten how serious it gets at GoldenSkate. Meltdowns galore.
    Last edited by Laurent; February 12th, 2014 at 02:19 PM.

Yeah, he fell on the triple toe there as well. That program was far superior to what was offered up tonight, though.

Golden Skate is chock full of OTT queens, but them pissing their pants over the Russians scores when they presented the only clean performances of the night are funny.

Silver Member

Every day there is a new thread on whether so-so can be beat, judging favoritism, etc. It is usually the same posters. There seems to be no moderators on that board. I can name 5 posters who should have been banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy View Post
    Every day there is a new thread on whether so-so can be beat,
    Julia . . . Patrick . . .

judging favoritism,
    Savchenko/Szolkowy held up . . . Pang/Tong held down . . .

etc.
    The Russian crowds aren't nice enough . . . Plush is too old . . . Wagner is mediocre . . . Jeremy Abbott has no business having an Olympic bronze medal when his contribution was a fecalskate.

Oh, wait, that last one was my gripe.

It is usually the same posters. There seems to be no moderators on that board. I can name 5 posters who should have been banned.
    It is, but I've had a few real laughs over there today.
    Fairy likes this.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread Information