Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: 2014 Sochi Olympics - including issues and news

You can follow Sochi Problems on Twitter. Some of it is hilarious, some is unbelievable.

It actually has more followers than the Sochi Olympics twitter page....

https://twitter.com/SochiProblems

darksithbunny likes this.

I'm excited for them to be over

Such a true sports fan!

I'm not sure about how terrible conditions really are, I've got a few people on my facebook saying it's been incredible so far and that the media reports are greatly exaggerated. But it's probably all relative, and I'm sure there's crappy stuff too.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/lesterfeder/...d-square-while

“They [beat] two of us … before that they took us upstairs and said that we have to “suck their cocks” and that we have to be burned,” the activists texted from inside the police station.

VIDEO from today in Russian: Day 1 of SOCHI 2014 Winter Olympic Game and human rights violations are already on tape. Video shows #LGBTpeople exercising free speech and Russian cops rounding them up. #CheersToSochi.

Police detain gays and lesbians who sang the Russian national anthem waving Rainbow Flags in Red Square at the start of the Olympic Games in Sochi. February 7, 2014

Last edited by Seth82; February 7th, 2014 at 05:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

So far the opening ceremonies seems like a repeat.
    Laurent likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

It's the Vladi Putin Show.
    Laurent likes this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

More than 60 activists have been arrested today.

they have them in cages reportedly.

More Than 60 Arrested in Sochi Protests Across Russia| Gay News | Towleroad
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

The ballet was GORGEOUS. Zakharova is Goddess and the modern piece was exquisite, love that piece of music. I hope NBC doesn't cut that bit out.
    Laurent likes this.

I quit watching, it was so boring. After the parade of nations, I switched to the Modern Family marathon, and now I'm watching a Sonja Henie bio on YouTube.

ETA: OMG Seth, that is awful. In this day and age...
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

NBC is seriously fucked up.

they actually called Putin a man of peace.
    Dorahacky likes this.
    @NickoMoralesXXX

This was way too long and boring. I felt this way the last few Olympics. It should be limited to the athletes walking in and one hour of show.
    darksithbunny likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Aww really? The ceremonies are my favourite part. I thought these in particular were beautiful, I watched them twice.

I enjoyed most of it, but it got draggy in places. The ballet was beautiful. Anna Netrebko's voice is magnificent, but you all know I've got keep it superficial, and her dress sucked. I can't find a good picture of it, but it was a light blue foofy, poofy prom dress from sometime in the 1980s.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

We all thought it was boring too. It's fun to watch the teams come out and marvel over how one country can have 190 million people but only one athlete in the games. Ha. The ballet was beautiful for the first 10 minutes. After that, they lost me.

He may be a wild slut, but at least Danny Craig livened things up last time!
    spinmonkey likes this.

Default IOC Will Not Object to Arrests and Beatings of Russian LGBT Activists

IOC clearly doesn't care anymore about Principle 6 in their charter.

IOC says LGBT arrestees had no permit. Deceptively ignoring Russia has made it ILLEGAL for gays to peacefully assemble.

International Olympic Committee Will Not Object To Arrests And Beatings Of Russian LGBT Activists

International Olympic Committee Will Not Object To Arrests And Beatings Of Russian LGBT Activists

“As in many countries in the world, in Russia, you need permission before staging a protest. We understand this was the reason that they were temporarily detained,” said an IOC spokeswoman.

LGBT activist Elena Kostyuchenko being arrested in Moscow on Friday during a protest in Red Square.

The International Olympic Committee has said Russia was acting in accordance with its laws when police detained 14 protesters in Moscow and St Petersburg on the day of the Olympic opening ceremonies. Some of those held in Moscow report being beaten while in police custody.

“We understand that the protesters were quickly released,” Emmanuelle Moreau, the IOC’s head of media relations, said in an email to BuzzFeed. “As in many countries in the world, in Russia, you need permission before staging a protest. We understand this was the reason that they were temporarily detained.”

Four LGBT activists
    were arrested Friday afternoon in St. Petersburg while taking a picture holding a banner that read, “Discrimination is incompatible with the Olympic Movement.” It was not even a real protest, said Anastasia Smirnova, one of those arrested, but rather intended as a private commemoration of the start of the games.

As the opening ceremonies began at 8 p.m. that evening, police descended on 10 LGBT activists in Moscow’s Red Square as they sang the national anthem while holding rainbow flags. Two Swedish nationals in the group were quickly released, but the rest were held for several hours during which some were reportedly kicked, choked, and threatened with sexual violence.

The speed of the police response in both cases made organizers believe police may have been tapping their phones to monitor their movements.

Russian police arrested at least 61 protestors nationwide on Friday — some protesting for causes other than LGBT rights — according to a count by the New York Times.
    @NickoMoralesXXX

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information