Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver!

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    What's the problem? They picked the top people to compete.

No they did not.

In the last Olympic Trials prior to the Olympics, Brian finished first.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

That was the meanest thing-and they might have added another gold! Bad move there.
    I loved seeing all the Canadians waving flags, wearing team clothing, singing Oh Canada. Everyone I know craves those mittens. I even loved seeing the hockey team win and the crowds reaction! I was a bit sorry for our guys, but was happy they were in the closing parade laughing & smiling 2 hours later.
    Anyway, evil to him who thinks evil or in this case, just a total kill joy! Everything was just perfection and I cannot wait to visit Vancouver.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I agree that had McKeever been able to compete, it would have really been an unbelievable story. Poor guy. I hope there's more to the story.

I thoroughly enjoyed the games. I tended not to watch much of NBC's coverage because they handle these type of events like brainless asshats. I liked being able to see so much of the games in realtime on USA, MSNBC and CNBC. I'm having a bit of a curling withdrawal.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    No they did not.

Quote:
    In the last Olympic Trials prior to the Olympics, Brian finished first.
    Oh, missed that.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Did anyone watch the special Tom Brokaw did on the people that were stranded in Newfoundland after 9/11? It was amazing how all these people in the town of Gander just pulled together to make sure every single person had everything they needed: food, clothing, medications, or just plain emotional support. I wish I could find an online link, it was really a beautiful story.

^^ I saw the story as well. Nicely done.

Seriously, someone is upset about Canada celebrating? Where are they from? Russia? Pfft.

Cheering for Canada feels a bit like cheering for your brother (the one you like, not the crazy one). How could you ever root against them?

Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    Did anyone watch the special Tom Brokaw did on the people that were stranded in Newfoundland after 9/11? It was amazing how all these people in the town of Gander just pulled together to make sure every single person had everything they needed: food, clothing, medications, or just plain emotional support. I wish I could find an online link, it was really a beautiful story.
    I saw that, had seen something about it years ago. Those wonderful people! You just want to hug them all. Salt of the earth.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    I was a bit sorry for our guys, but was happy they were in the closing parade laughing & smiling 2 hours later.
    So there were hockey players at the closing ceremony? I wondered because I couldn't recognize anyone. Then I'd heard that many of them headed back to their respective homes given they still had NHL games to play. I figured no one made it to the parade.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    my favorite story, boo hooed through most of it.

I crapped out on Friday night. I suffered from Olympic over load. Even my arse hurt from watching TV all day and half the night. I don't normally watch much TV. I listened to the hockey game and was a bit bummed when we didn't win but I just couldn't deal with anymore sports of any kind.. well unless the hockey game had been played naked, then I might get up for that.

I didn't think the opening or closing ceremony was very good but I thought the games themselves were very good (except short track) I think I'm still pouting over the gala that never was.. but thats NBC's fault not Canadas.

Looking forward to Russia - where all North Americans will be lucky if Russia even lets them stand on a medal podium.

Quote Originally Posted by Elisa View Post
    So there were hockey players at the closing ceremony? I wondered because I couldn't recognize anyone. Then I'd heard that many of them headed back to their respective homes given they still had NHL games to play. I figured no one made it to the parade.
    Yes. Remember the goalie that looked almost suicidal? I was relieved to see him laughing and taking pictures. He had himself a fine time!

i'm in yer manifesto, correcting your spelling mistakes

I hope in time they will be proud of their silver medal and what they accomplished. It's true that silver is the hardest medal to get in hockey. You WIN gold. You WIN bronze. You GET silver when you lose gold. The Finns were soo happy after winning the bronze, you'd have thought they won gold. And they had a disappointing tournament. Slovakia was absolutely destroyed after losing the bronze. Actually, when they came off the ice, one of them bashed his stick on a press gate, it broke in half and hit a journalist in the head . They were really angry
    "Hope everyone' shavin a good one!" - Karistiona

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by t13nif View Post
    I hope in time they will be proud of their silver medal and what they accomplished. It's true that silver is the hardest medal to get in hockey. You WIN gold. You WIN bronze. You GET silver when you lose gold. The Finns were soo happy after winning the bronze, you'd have thought they won gold. And they had a disappointing tournament. Slovakia was absolutely destroyed after losing the bronze. Actually, when they came off the ice, one of them bashed his stick on a press gate, it broke in half and hit a journalist in the head . They were really angry
    I think it's because they already beat them once, they figured it wouldn't be to hard to beat them again.

I have to wonder if they would have set off fire works if the Americans had won, knowing Hockey was the one gold medal they really wanted to win.

They can't be to ticked most of them had to return home to play in professional games..... which brings me to another thought "I liked the games better before the pros could play"

I don't care anymore. The Canadian games will forever be tainted for me because of what was done to Brian McKeever. I've lost all respect.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Respect the athletes that did their best and performed their hearts out and did manage to win.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

i'm glad canada won gold medal for hockey. it seems fitting since they were hosting the olympics and i think it's the sport they care the most about.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Thread Information