Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver!

Someone I know in Vancouver just posted this on Facebook:

"An impromptu street hockey game broke out on Broadway Ave here. The police shut the street for the game, but they were letting buses through. When the buses came, everyone yelled 'bus!' and moved the game to the side. The buses passed, full of flags and cheers, and people yelled 'game on!', moved the nets back, and went back to it. Good times!"

Someone else said that Commercial Drive (another main street) is also shut down for street hockey.

Awesome!

Aww, that's great! I'm sad to see the Olympics end. Oh, well. It's off to Sochi, Russia 2014.
    Rock the fuck on!

Congratulations Canada on a good game and a good finish(for you! )

Canada got the most gold right? And the US got the most medals overall...GO TEAM NORTH AMERICA!!

Canada, you really did a great job with these games. I am so happy for Canada doing so well while hosting these games in such a fine manner.

Hats off to ya! I need to buy some Molson!
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

I love that we made fun of the torch not working at the opening LOL
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Twas a minor mishap. The funniest part of the opening was the gay cowboy tapdancers. And all the phallic symbols. Canada is great.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    That was great!! This has to be the best winter Olympics I have ever seen. I just seemed like so much fun!
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Thank you,Canada! Those were the best games ever. You all made sure we all had a great time!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

i'm in yer manifesto, correcting your spelling mistakes

I'm so proud .

Oh, and gossip-wise, Vince Vaughan is back on the sauce in a major way. He got kicked out of Molson Canadian Hockey House for being drunk and disorderly. Might have been mentioned somewhere else, and if you saw a picture, it's pretty obvious he has the booze bloat.
    "Hope everyone' shavin a good one!" - Karistiona

I LOVE the giant Beavers!
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    I LOVE the giant Beavers!
    "We know who we are, we like talking smack about strangers, and we're not gonna stop!" -- GR's Kalirga

Who doesn't love a giant inflatable beaver?

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by Sialia View Post
    Someone I know in Vancouver just posted this on Facebook:

"An impromptu street hockey game broke out on Broadway Ave here. The police shut the street for the game, but they were letting buses through. When the buses came, everyone yelled 'bus!' and moved the game to the side. The buses passed, full of flags and cheers, and people yelled 'game on!', moved the nets back, and went back to it. Good times!"

Someone else said that Commercial Drive (another main street) is also shut down for street hockey.

Awesome!

Yet in DC a cop pulls out his gun because of a flash snowball fight. **rolls eyes**
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

i'm in yer manifesto, correcting your spelling mistakes

^^Are you serious?? Jeez louise. Did he think they were weapons of mass destruction?
    "Hope everyone' shavin a good one!" - Karistiona

Fucking asshole Canadian Committee. i can't believe this shit.

Brian McKeever Story

For those of you not in Canada you probably have never heard of Brian McKeever. I had never heard of him until this weekend. Brian is a cross country skier. His older brother competed for Canada back in the 1998 Olympics. Well, Brian always wanted to compete for Canada in the Olympics also. The problem was and is that Brian McKeever is legally blind. He only has about 10% vision remaining in his eyes.

Brian has competed for Canada in the Paralympics, and was set to be the first person ever to compete in both the Olympics and Paralympics. Yesterday Brian was going to race in the 50km cross country skiing race. In the last Olympic Trials prior to the Olympics, Brian finished first. The Canadian Olympic body has made a big deal about Brian's accomplishments and even had a separate press conference for him prior to the Olympics because the story was so good. Hell, Morgan Freeman narrated an entire Visa commercial about Brian.

Well, on Saturday night, the Canadian cross country team and the Canadian Olympic organization decided that story be damned they were out to win gold medals or any medals on the last day of competition and they dropped him from the race. Despite the fact that no Canadian has ever medaled in the 50km cross country event, and despite the fact only one Canadian really had a shot to medal at the event, they dropped Brian from the race saying that he had no chance to medal. Forget Olympic feel good moments or letting a man who has worked for years try to achieve his dream, medals were of the upmost importance. On Saturday, the day before the race, Brian was told the news. On his Twitter page, you can tell how he felt about the news.

"Olympic dream over. I don't think I've ever been so sad."

In what should have been one of the most uplifting moments of the Games, it instead turned into a quest for medals and an improvement on the medal tables. Brian had proved he could do it. He had won an Olympic Trials event. It didn't matter. I think Canada put on a winter Olympics that was incredible. I don't think I have ever not shown how much I love Canada or the people in it. With the exception of overtime yesterday in hockey, I loved every second of the Games. If Brian had been allowed to compete I think it would have put an amazing cap on one of the best Olympics ever. Instead, it turns out that Olympics are not about effort and heart and individual triumphs over tragedy, but a medal count and numbers. It sucks.

For the record, the Canadians finished 5th, 18th, 32nd and 33rd. So much for adding to that medal count.

Crazy Days and Nights
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I can't believe this crap:

"VANCOUVER, British Columbia After a spirited torch relay ignited pride in every corner of the country, the Olympic Games began and quickly galvanized the nation.Flags were everywhere. The country's national symbol hung from windows and was worn on nearly everyone's clothing.
    Fervent crowds cheered every victory by the host nation.
    But enough about the 1936 Berlin Olympics.
    At the opening of these Olympic Winter Games more than two weeks ago, Vancouver organizers expressed the hope that they could show the world a truly "Canadian Games."
    That they succeeded in that, there is little doubt.
    For 17 days we were barraged with Canadian flags, rode buses and trains with people in sweatshirts and jerseys adorned with Canadian maple leafs, and were serenaded at venues by Canadian spectators, lustily cheering for Canadian athletes."Source

Seriously, cheering on your country makes you a Nazi? Like the games wouldn't have been a sea of stars and stripes if held south of the border?

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Fucking asshole Canadian Committee. i can't believe this shit.
    What's the problem? They picked the top people to compete.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Who the fuck wrote that idiotic article?

The one time Canadians show the slightest bit of national pride (we're loathe to do it most of the time, we find it a bit gauche and immodest to boast like brainless jingoists) in a fun, happy and spirited manner, people start dumping on us?

Wtf ever. Lighten up, loosen up, have a coke and a smile and shut the fuck up.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Thread Information