Page 36 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver!

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    Sort of makes up for all the screwing Shae-Lynn Bourne / Victor Kraatz got during the reign of the Russian ice dancing regime...
    You took da woids right outta my mouth. Bourne & Kraatz got FISTED by the ice dance judges. I feel Tanith & Ben may have, but I have to see the freedance. I do know Ben has had back problems for a long time, and this may have been a factor. Still, I love them both and feel bad that the judges kept them off the podium. I've seen the bronze medalists, the Russian team, skate before, and I am not impressed - just more gyno lifts and ugly schmattas - the latter being a true Russian tradition!

Plushenko is lucky they didn't deduct points for being physically repulsive - he would truly have finished last (Joubert and Lambiel - gold and silver respectively - too cutie pies). It kills me that some of the women on these skating forums find him sexy - WTF? He has to be one of the ugliest athletes God ever put guts into.

Tanith & Ben are laughing all the way to the bank. They were just giddy this morning on the Today show-now they are going full time with the Ice Show (forgot which one) with no doubt massive paychecks.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Tanith & Ben are laughing all the way to the bank. They were just giddy this morning on the Today show-now they are going full time with the Ice Show (forgot which one) with no doubt massive paychecks.
    Good for them. I also know Tanith is on the roster at Ford Models - I do hope something can come from that.

Most likely they will go with Stars on Ice...

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Most likely they will go with Stars on Ice...
    Are there any others now? I read Champions on Ice closed up shop 2 or 3 years ago, but maybe they'll come back and get in on post-Olympics interest.

Smurfs on ice! Smurfs on ice!
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    Are there any others now? I read Champions on Ice closed up shop 2 or 3 years ago, but maybe they'll come back and get in on post-Olympics interest.
    Stars on Ice has shows in Canada, Europe and I think Asia. Didn't Johnny Weir do some shows for them in Asia?

Any kind of Olympic medalist can expect a six-figure salary for starters, I am sure. Michelle Kwan earned massive coin.
    Last edited by BITTER; February 23rd, 2010 at 03:41 PM.

Hit By Ban Bus!

You took da woids right outta my mouth. Bourne & Kraatz got FISTED by the ice dance judges. I feel Tanith & Ben may have, but I have to see the freedance. I do know Ben has had back problems for a long time, and this may have been a factor. Still, I love them both and feel bad that the judges kept them off the podium. I've seen the bronze medalists, the Russian team, skate before, and I am not impressed - just more gyno lifts and ugly schmattas - the latter being a true Russian tradition!

Plushenko is lucky they didn't deduct points for being physically repulsive - he would truly have finished last (Joubert and Lambiel - gold and silver respectively - too cutie pies). It kills me that some of the women on these skating forums find him sexy - WTF? He has to be one of the ugliest athletes God ever put guts into.

^^ I feel the same way. I don't get anything about Plushenko, he can jump well big deal. There's more to it than just jumping. How he can be so arrogant is beyone me, he must have one of those magic mirrors that lies to him. I hope he just goes away now... the peck.

I'm sorry Tanith and Ben retired before winning the gold medal and I will miss seeing them. Maybe SOI will do a TV show now and again like they used to.

All in all I am glad the Canadians won, I never expected to see us on the podium.... ever.

Go NORTH AMERICA!! *pokes Russia with a stick from a maple tree found growing exactly on the US/Canada border*
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

^^ I feel the same way. I don't get anything about Plushenko, he can jump well big deal. There's more to it than just jumping. How he can be so arrogant is beyone me, he must have one of those magic mirrors that lies to him. I hope he just goes away now... the peck.

I'm sorry Tanith and Ben retired before winning the gold medal and I will miss seeing them. Maybe SOI will do a TV show now and again like they used to.

All in all I am glad the Canadians won, I never expected to see us on the podium.... ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    Go NORTH AMERICA!! *pokes Russia with a stick from a maple tree found growing exactly on the US/Canada border*
    I remember reading in one of my ice skating books, and the writer said, "the blood of ice dance is in Eastern Europe and Russia, but its heart is in North America". It must be true.

Plushy will go away and skate for some cheesy ice shows in Europe, and we'll never see him again...big whoop.

I predict Tanith will get breast implants....I'm just sayin'!!

i follow Evan Lycacek on Twitter. and Cheryl Burke tweeted him asking him if he'd do DWTS. he said he'd love to.

Personally, i think this is cool.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    i follow Evan Lycacek on Twitter. and Cheryl Burke tweeted him asking him if he'd do DWTS. he said he'd love to.

Personally, i think this is cool.
    What! I would love that!!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Elite Member

Love them. They're too adorable!

I so hope they carry the Canadian flag during the closing ceremonies, but I'm sure that honor will deservedly go to Canadian gold medal skier Alexandre Bilodeau who made history as well!

Exactly! How come when the Russians win a gold medal in sport, no one challenges them, but when another country does, the Russians feel an entitlement? I think the Russians are finally realizing that they're days of 'owning the podium' have passed.

Bourne and Kratz must be feeling a little bit of retribution today.

Do the Winter Olympics have any sports OTHER than figure skating or has this thread just been hijacked? Yikes!!! lol
    "My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat your children. Praise be to Allah." TEAM MILEY!!

Quote Originally Posted by Elisa View Post
    Exactly! How come when the Russians win a gold medal in sport, no one challenges them, but when another country does, the Russians feel an entitlement? I think the Russians are finally realizing that they're days of 'owning the podium' have passed.
    Up to this point, they've dominated pairs since the 1964 Innsbruck games, ice dance and mens since 1992. The only discipline they haven't mastered is ladies, mainly because strong women skaters are encouraged to go into pairs. I truly think they developed a sense of entitlement. (In the US, it's the opposite - good ladies' singles skaters STAY that way. You know how US cultchah is all about individualism. Our pairs teams have mainly sucked the big one.)

Back to that bitch Ekaterina Gordeeva, she said in Mark Lund's book that although she liked Sale and Pelletier's skating, the felt that "overall", the quality of Russian skating was better and that they should have accepted the silver. Maybe there is some truth in that, but it doesn't mean that Skating While Russian entitles you to podium finishes all the time!! And I think the same goes for US ladies - our ladies have been so strong for years and suddenly they are ablaze with mediocrity and people are all whiny about it!!
    Bourne and Kratz must be feeling a little bit of retribution today.
    Either that or feeling screwed!

Quote Originally Posted by TheONe View Post
    Do the Winter Olympics have any sports OTHER than figure skating or has this thread just been hijacked? Yikes!!! lol
    It's the Winter Games PREMIER event!!! Drama, sex, fashion, tragedy, drama, humor, bad costumes. The PREMIER event, and as gay as a Bette Davis pap smear!

It's the Winter Games PREMIER event!!! Drama, sex, fashion, tragedy, drama, humor, bad costumes. The PREMIER event, and as gay as a Bette Davis pap smear!
    At this point I'm just looking forward to Hockey! The US got a lucky draw and we don't have to face any super teams until the finals!
    "My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat your children. Praise be to Allah." TEAM MILEY!!

Thread Information