Page 35 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Which pisses me off because I like them. I'm not even watching ice dance this year because it's so damn corrupt, and plus, I have no idea what I'm looking at.
    corrupt.. now now just because the Russians had help in their lifts. Ben and Tanith should have gotten the bronze. What a crock of crap. AND whats with the huge scores being put up?

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    I totally agree!!! *throws lighted match onto the gasoline soaked stack of assorted flammable objects*

* now watch us get our ass kicked! pride cometh before a fall!
    Germany is breathing down our back.

USA25 GER21 NOR14

Apollo has two more events and so does Body Miller - we might get lucky in hockey.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    corrupt.. now now just because the Russians had help in their lifts. Ben and Tanith should have gotten the bronze. What a crock of crap. AND whats with the huge scores being put up?
    OMG help HOW?
    Maybe it was just me, but I was so certain that Belbin & Agosto's coaching change was gonna work in their favor.

ETA: OK twitchy, that pic is giving me the giggles, mainly because it is so truthful.

Elite Member

For those of you out there who are skating fans I highly recommend Christine Brennans 2 books 'Inside Edge' and 'Edge of Glory' as well as Joy Goodwin's 'The Second Mark'.

Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post
    For those of you out there who are skating fans I highly recommend Christine Brennans 2 books 'Inside Edge' and 'Edge of Glory' as well as Joy Goodwin's 'The Second Mark'.
    I read the first two; they were surprisingly well-written. The second book of Brennan's took some not-so-polite swipes at TERROR Lipinski and her blind ambition (and that of her loony mother).

Congratulations Winter Olympics...you sucessfully made me skip a night of watching by putting nothing on except some craptastic ice dancing or team ski jump! WTF? I had to watch reruns off whatever else was on other channels.
    "My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat your children. Praise be to Allah." TEAM MILEY!!

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    OMG help HOW?
    Maybe it was just me, but I was so certain that Belbin & Agosto's coaching change was gonna work in their favor.
    Didn't you see that he was picking her up by that BELT? I could not believe my eyes! The announcers said no doubt that would be banned in next years rules.
    I loved the top two-that Canadian couple! So graceful. Her outfit was perfect to me-simple, solid white. The Silver couple was also fabulous! They were all so excited. To think, they all train together! Mother & I joined in singing "Oh,Canada" even though those are the only words we really know. Didn't matter-we were in the sprit!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Curling and ice dancing. Belch. We wound up watching Gary Unmarried (which tells you how awful the Olympic choices were).

Yay for Davis & White pulling out the Silver in ice dance! I really like them and hope they do well in the years to come.

Belbin and Agosto were really hinting heavy that they may be done.

With all the skating talk, I don't think anyone has mentioned Petra Madjic yet. Truly amazing woman. She fell of the trail at a sharp corner (yet another badly designed bit of the olympic site) that track officials had earlier been warned about but chose to ignore, suffered broken ribs and a collapsed lung but skied anyway and won bronze. You could her her screaming in agony as she collapsed at the finish line.

Skier won bronze despite broken ribs, collapsed lung

Posted by Meri-Jo Borzilleri

Turns out, Petra Majdic was more than just bruised when she won bronze in the individual classical sprint on Wednesday.
    The Slovenian cross-country star was found to have broken four ribs and suffered a collapsed lung when she fell off course during a training run just before the race.
    Majdic's injuries will end not only her Olympics but her season. She has been hospitalized since the accident, and is not permitted to fly home for at least a week.
    Her national team has filed a protest with Olympic organizers that there should have been more protection where she tumbled off the course, falling about 10 feet and onto some rocks.
    Majdic, the world's top-ranked sprinter, did not know how badly she was hurt until after the race.
    Amazingly, she managed to capture a medal in the event that requires major lung exertion and hard poling by both arms and torso. In a sprint, skiers race in a small pack and go all out for a total four 1.4-kilometer loops on a hilly, technical course.
    Majdic appeared in severe pain, crumpling each of the four times she crossed the finish. Her agony was so apparent that while on course, coaches from rival nations cheered her on, she said.
    Talk of the Games | Skier won bronze despite broken ribs, collapsed lung | Seattle Times Newspaper

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

^ Shit, that was hard even to read. I can't imagine how she did that, adrenaline or not.

Ugh, and I really used to like this douche.

Tuesday, February 23rd 2010
    This Bitch

Remember how American figure skater Evan Licecheck won Olympic gold over Russia's Evgeni Plushenko? Remember how Plushie kicked Licecheck in the crotch bone by saying that only real gold medal champions do quad jumps? Remember all that? Well, it's getting better!
    Plushie still refuses to accept that a silver medal is hanging around his neck. Plushie's ego magically gave birth to something called a platinum medal! Over on Plushie's official website, it shows that he won a silver in Salt Lake (true), a gold in Torino (again, true), and a platinum in Vancouver. HA! Platinum kills gold every time, so the joke is on Licecheck! Plushie REALLY showed him.
    All jokes aside, Plushie is telling the truth. Plushie is the 2010 Olympic platinum medal champion in Cuntness. Raise Russia's flag and bow down!
    via HuffPo
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    ^ Shit, that was hard even to read. I can't imagine how she did that, adrenaline or not.
    OMG! Poor woman. I had not heard this. I guess everyone was cheering her on-they had to have known she was in trouble. Bless her!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Didn't you see that he was picking her up by that BELT? I could not believe my eyes! The announcers said no doubt that would be banned in next years rules.

I loved the top two-that Canadian couple! So graceful. Her outfit was perfect to me-simple, solid white. The Silver couple was also fabulous! They were all so excited. To think, they all train together! Mother & I joined in singing "Oh,Canada" even though those are the only words we really know. Didn't matter-we were in the sprit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    Yay for Davis & White pulling out the Silver in ice dance! I really like them and hope they do well in the years to come.

Belbin and Agosto were really hinting heavy that they may be done.
    I can not believe the Russians didn't end up in 5th or 6th. They used ropes for lifts, he looked tired, their twizzles sucked. They are going to ban the use of ropes/props for future Olympics but it's OK for this one? phfft bad scoring is a live and well - what not give the Russians even one medal in figure skating, we can't have that, there would be threats and posturing of how the great Russians were embarrassed. phfft.

I like Ben and Tanith but I do not feel they deserved even bronze this Olympics - he seemed slow and their program while it might have been hard, just didn't look hard. I liked our 2nd team better than the Canadian winning team but it's their home turf and that does count for something and I'm glad they won. Sort of makes up for all the screwing Shae-Lynn Bourne / Victor Kraatz got during the reign of the Russian ice dancing regime...

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    I liked our 2nd team better than the Canadian winning team but it's their home turf and that does count for something and I'm glad they won. Sort of makes up for all the screwing Shae-Lynn Bourne / Victor Kraatz got during the reign of the Russian ice dancing regime...
    Ol' Elvis S. has said this morn that the US team was better in THAT last night, just because they had more fire & passion. Then he added BUT the Canadians really properly won, because it was all 3 in the scoring. They did beautifully last night,but really won because of their folk dance one. Makes sense, but they were so graceful & beauitiful last night also.

Thread Information