Page 28 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver!

i really get irritated when people like Plushenko and Elvis bitch about someone winning without the Quad. If the quad was so important to win, then they should just have a Quad competition (like the dunk contest in the NBA).

there's more to a singles competition than just one jump.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I never cared much for Stojko, wasn't he a power jumper as well?

Quote Originally Posted by C_is_for_Cookie View Post
    I never cared much for Stojko, wasn't he a power jumper as well?
    yep, that was pretty much all he could do. I remember him incorporating martial arts into his routines.
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    yep, that was pretty much all he could do. I remember him incorporating martial arts into his routines.
    Now you mention it, I seem to remember some of that martial arts stuff. No wonder he takes the side of another power jumper.

I never could stand the guy.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

^^I liked him because of that. He had a lot of athleticism and carisma without going all glittery on us.

Most of the skaters last night were ok. A few were great. None of them were show stoppers (IMO). And honestly, I felt like I was watching women's skating. I loved when that kid came out in a tux. He reminded me of the old school skaters who did it with grace, class, athleticism but didn't check their cajones at the door.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Elvis should be ashamed. Everyone loved Elvis, he had this big build up - everyone knew he was going to win but then he got Olympic-ites and crashed and burned, like Michelle Kwan after him. I liked Elvis but he was a cry baby even back then.

We all know I don't like the nose but I did expect him to win, I was ready for it but even I noticed the difference, his jumps were in the beginning of the program before he ran out of gas and some of his jumps were not straight in the air. When the quad came out I hated it. It took up to much time, jump jump jump. Irina was the same way but finally she realized if she was going to beat Kwan she had to do more than jump and she did. Plushenko is just ticked because all he has is the jumps.

AND look lets face it we all think male figure skaters are gay but I think Johnny Weir gets bad scores because he's open about it. Makes me sort of like the snot and wonder if he would still be a snot if he didn't get crapped on. jmo

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    HUGE fuss in Oz because one of our TV commentators dared to hint that Johnny Weir might be a teensy bit homo.

I can't see it myself:

My mother likes him-called me to tell me to watch the figure skating. Although she does call him "Johnny Weird" she still likes him.
    Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    Is she the woman that did the announcing with Scott Hamilton? She bugged me too,...she seemed very critical of everyone. Who is she?

Johnny Weir skated well last night,...I liked his program. He looks pretty goth to me,....but he did skate beautifully.

Evan did a nice job last night. Glad he won,...he seems like a nice guy. He sure is tall for an ice skater.
    My own MOTHER used the term 'goth' to describe him last night-how does she even know what that word is or what it means?

I also think Plushenko should STFU. Yeah he did the quad, but it and a number of his jumps/landings looked like shit. And not just one. several of the landings were just barely landings at all(were near falls), and in the air he was nearly at a 60 degree angle at least one time.

What a dipshit.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    AND look lets face it we all think male figure skaters are gay but I think Johnny Weir gets bad scores because he's open about it. Makes me sort of like the snot and wonder if he would still be a snot if he didn't get crapped on. jmo
    Rudy Galindo would certainly agree. He had the same issue.
    And someone mentioned the hotness that was Phillipe Candoloro as D'Artangnon. Be still my heart. He did this one exhibition we were at where he ripped his shirt off and you should have heard the women in the aufience! Lots of husbands got lucky that night, my own included.

Lighten Up Francis WCG

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post
    Rudy Galindo would certainly agree. He had the same issue.
    And someone mentioned the hotness that was Phillipe Candoloro as D'Artangnon. Be still my heart. He did this one exhibition we were at where he ripped his shirt off and you should have heard the women in the aufience! Lots of husbands got lucky that night, my own included.
    Rudy was so artistic, remember his routine with the hoop? I wonder what happened to him. He started out as Michelle Kwans pairs partner - that didn't end well. Speaking of Michelle she used to support her entire family, I remember she put her sister through college (again not sure about these days though)

Phillipe Candoloro.. ah yes who can forget him? The French paid their athletes back then (might still I don't know) but they ran out of money and he was ticked because none of the skaters got paid. He was one of the best looking of the guys.. well him and the U.S. skater Michael Weis.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    I wish I'd have seen what Plusenko did during the awards ceremony last night. One of the commentators said he jumped up on the gold medal stand at first. It would have been interesting to see if he was kidding or being an ass about it.
    Oh I'm sure he was making a point. That said, I have to admit I was surprised that he wasn't pouting like a few silver and bronze medalists I've seen up there the last few days who felt entitled to gold. (Dale*cough*Begg-Smith). He gave Evan his moment. However, we knew it wasn't really genuine and it was only a matter of time before Plushenko (and Mishin) would be slaying Evan. That's just his way. Had Alexei Yagudin returned from retirement, he'd have kicked his ass too.

Stojko's an ass - always has been. That is all.
    Last edited by Elisa; February 19th, 2010 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    Rudy was so artistic, remember his routine with the hoop? I wonder what happened to him. He started out as Michelle Kwans pairs partner - that didn't end well. Speaking of Michelle she used to support her entire family, I remember she put her sister through college (again not sure about these days though)

No, it was Kristi Yamaguchi he started out with. Michelle Kwan is way too young for him.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by TheONe View Post
    I seriously want to punch this guy in the face EVERYTIME that I see him....he just has a look of someone you want to hit
    You're just jellus of his flair and fabulousness! He looked fierce in that black corset and pink feathers!!

This, from Wiki, on Rudy:
    Galindo skated pairs with Kristi Yamaguchi, winning the 1988 World Junior Championship and the U.S. senior championships in 1989 and 1990. He also won the 1987 World Junior Championship in singles before temporarily giving up on singles competition in order to concentrate on pairs. After his partnership with Yamaguchi broke up in 1990, Galindo returned to singles competition. In 1996, Galindo won the men's title at the U.S. Figure Skating Championships at the San Jose Arena, becoming the oldest male to win this title in almost 50 years. He followed this win with a bronze medal at the 1996 World Championships.
    Galindo retired from eligible competition in the summer of 1996. After being diagnosed as HIV positive and recovering from hip replacement surgery, Rudy continued to tour with the Tom Collins' Champions on Ice show until they went out of business after the 2007 season.
    Galindo disclosed his homosexuality in Christine Brennan's book Inside Edge: A Revealing Journey Into the Secret World of Figure Skating (ISBN 0-385-48607-3), which was published shortly before he won his national title in 1996.
    He published his autobiography Icebreaker in 1997 (ISBN 0-671-00390-9).
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Thread Information