Page 25 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver!

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    Am i the only one that thinks Lindsay Vonn's injury isnt as bad as she says it is?
    It sure makes for compelling 'drama' as the networks go ga ga over. Swimsuit controversy, potential injury, the network will do anything to milk it for "human drama"

Grammar aside, his daughter is hideous.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Maybe she has that horrible ageing disease combined with a horrible disfigurement?

I s'pose the guy in the background with the orange get-up is his aunt?

**giggles**
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Nah, it's really a man. Our former PM. Someone's mislabeled the pic.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

one more NBC bitch. the amount of commercials. they seem to be every 5 minutes (if that) ugh!
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Elite Member

Sandra Bezic is okay. I'm easy on her because she's tight with my favorite male skater - Boitano.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Haaaaaaaaaaahahahahah Check out the "Aussie" Dale Begg-Smith who won silver in the mogul skiing after the Canadian beat him. He has really spit the dummy. And he's an asshole too. Born in Canada, moved to Oz aged 15 and runs a shonky internet business.
    Dale's attitude sucked and his sense of entitlement pissed me off. Talk about poor sportsmanship. I couldn't help but when Bilideau took centre of the podium, flanked by Dale's sourpuss face.

The gold medal (a history making one at that!) couldn't have happened to a more deserving kid. Congrats Alex!
    Last edited by Elisa; February 15th, 2010 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    one more NBC bitch. the amount of commercials. they seem to be every 5 minutes (if that) ugh!
    No shit. I'm dreading tonight's figure skating, there will most likely be a commercial break between every pair

If NBC plays the trailer for that dumass Viking cartoon one more time I'm gonna lose my shit.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I'm soo sick of commercials for Parenthood and that dumbass Seinfeld show.

I'm wondering what else can go wrong during the 500m speed skating. Lots of technical issues/broken Zamboni's there today.

Found this article linked from Fark about Dale Begg-Smith, and his "internet business"
    The Australian press is taking a dim view of Dale Begg-Smithís history of questionable online activities. The Australian has an article here and The Sidney Morning Herald has a longer, more detailed write up here.
    Dale Begg-Smithís name keeps popping up in all the wrong places, like much of the insidious internet spyware that he has been responsible for peddling and pushing.
    The Herald has followed a trail of digital fingerprints scattered over the web which shows Mr Begg-Smithís long and rewarding involvement in the distribution of "malicious software" - otherwise known as malware, spyware and adware.
    The article links to 2 posts at StopScum.com directed to Begg-Smith.
    You can run but you canít hide. If you fail to answer reporters questions in a candid and detailed manner, lots of folks will poke around and discover your checkered past. You may have won an Olympic Gold Medal, Mr. Dale Begg-Smith who runs/ran AdsCPM, but your checkered past is back to haunt you. February 20, 2006 - Donít miss my follow up article to this entry.
    Thereís a link to this forum discussion that includes posts by Begg-Smith himself in May 2002 with the username adscpm. He signed the post Dale Begg-Smith and posted about his business:
    We offer popunders with up to $2.25cpm depending on the type of pop you choose. We have different types depending on how user friendly you like to be. For large sites with over 500k unqiue visitors per day we even do payment after a few days to make sure they know we pay. Publishers come first so we do everything to make sure everyone know we pay ontime. Being a publisher myself in the past I know that I would have liked to been paid after a few day with an ad network to insure that I trust them.
    The Sidney Morning Herald links to a page in the internet archive from Begg-Smithís company AdsCPM, (now CPM Media), where they boast of doing 20,000,000 pops per day.
    Welcome to Adscpm.com. Ranked top 500 on alexa.com, we are one of the highest traffic advertising agencies on the web. Our download partner does 100,000 software downloads a day. Adscpm.com does 20,000,000 pops a day.
    This recent forum discussion about Begg-Smith and his business history lists some of the domains associated with Begg-Smithís business and the domain registration info. There is a thread at SpywareWarrior as well with a post by Andrew Clover (username bobince) of Doxdesk database of parasites fame, with a list of domains owned by CPM Media, Inc. Andrew also commented:
    CPM Media and their many many aliases* were one of the heaviest users of browser security exploits outside of the CWS complex. Their abuse of flaws to install large quantities of their own and affiliate spyware is certainly illegal under hacking laws in many countries. Begg-Smithís business is not just unethical but solidly criminal.
    One thingís for certain, Begg-Smith and his spokepersons might try to deny or hide his history, but indisputable evidence remains on the internet viewable by anyone taking the time to find it.
    Australian press on Dale Begg-Smith and spyware | Spyware Confidential | ZDNet.com

Elite Member

Bezic has correographed for some of our most decorated skaters, so at least she has some gravitas. Dick Button lives in North Salem not far from us and graciously opens his garden once a year. Last year we had an interesting chat with him after we introduced our daughter who is a young competitive skater. His response was literally "Run for your lives. The sport has gone to hell'. He also seemed quite bitter about losing the announcing gig.

omg i HATE it when Sandra Bezic does commentary. She's so freaking negative.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post
    Bezic has correographed for some of our most decorated skaters, so at least she has some gravitas. Dick Button lives in North Salem not far from us and graciously opens his garden once a year. Last year we had an interesting chat with him after we introduced our daughter who is a young competitive skater. His response was literally "Run for your lives. The sport has gone to hell'. He also seemed quite bitter about losing the announcing gig.
    Just curious, what did you think of his advice?

Elite Member

Well, I'm still sitting at the rink 6 days a week.....the kid loves it, so what are you going to do. I figure it's a very short lived sport, but it's made a fantastic transition to skiing. In 10 days in Colorado the 7 old went from never been on sticks to double black diamond. She's got fab control of her edges and body position, thanks to the skating.

SEven and doing double black diamonds???

Thread Information