Page 24 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver!

Am i the only one that thinks Lindsay Vonn's injury isnt as bad as she says it is?
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    I love when the Ukrainian and Russian teams skate - you're guaranteed lots of blue eyeshadow.
    I wonder why China let the pairs team Shen and Zhao come back - some rules had to have been bent. I want Savchenko and Szolkowy from Germany to win. The US teams might make top ten, but that is about it.

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    Am i the only one that thinks Lindsay Vonn's injury isnt as bad as she says it is?
    It's a shin bruise, right? I don't know a whole lot about skiing at all, but a shin bruise doesn't sound that dibilitating. Bruises usually only hurt if you touch them or hit them with something, not from the impact of jarring your body. Doesn't make much sense to me.

ETA: I know rib bruises can be excruciating and even coughing can hurt like hell, so maybe it's that type of situation. Hard to tell, I guess.
    Last edited by Laurent; February 14th, 2010 at 09:34 PM.

I disagree. It was so bad she didn't want them to xray, for fear it was broken. I think this extra time has been a real blessing for her. A deep bruise on your shin? Ouch! She says it is much improved, but if they had kept to the regular schedule, she would have been out.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Spoilers!
    Shit shit shit. Sorry everyone

If anyone wants to watch the streaming feeds on CTV, you could try some Canadian proxies. I haven't tried them, so I don't know how well they'd work with CTV, but here's a list:
    Free Proxy Lists - IP and Port Lists - Hide My Ass!

because NBC is in it for the money. their network sucks, this is the only way they can get their money. They did this with Tennis too. bastards.
    I read during the Conan fiasco that having the rights to Vancouver 2010 will make NBC lose about 200 million. It was a really bad business decision and the idiot who made that decision is still in charge.

Sale and Pelletier are the CTV commentators and are so snarky. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fly_On_TheWall View Post
    Sale and Pelletier are the CTV commentators and are so snarky. I love it.
    I wish we had them down here - I despise Sandra Bezic and Scott Hamilton.

Some of the people on ONTD were posting what the Canadian figure skating commentators were saying and it was hilarious. They kept making fun of the electric blue jumpsuits and the clown costumes apparently. We just had that bitchy woman talking about how she was so surprised at all the good scores and how the last Chinese pair was sloppy and how awful they are.

I made a companion thread for spoilers in case anyone wants to discuss the events as they happen or the results. I know a lot of people here are on a time delay and want to stay spoiler free until it airs for them, so I thought a separate thread might be the easiest way to make sure I don't accidentally ruin it for anyone.

i'm in yer manifesto, correcting your spelling mistakes

I don't understand why they don't just air it live for all the North American time zones? I mean if it starts live 7:30 pm EST, then it's 4:30 pm Pacific Time - that's not too early. And even if it is a bit early in the afternoon, I imagine people would still rather see it live than on some stupid time delay.
    That's what they used to do in the olden days, lol. The networks aired events 24/7, then the evening program would show highlights. I remember getting up in the middle of the night to watch hockey in Nagano.

It's a shin bruise, right? I don't know a whole lot about skiing at all, but a shin bruise doesn't sound that dibilitating. Bruises usually only hurt if you touch them or hit them with something, not from the impact of jarring your body. Doesn't make much sense to me.

ETA: I know rib bruises can be excruciating and even coughing can hurt like hell, so maybe it's that type of situation. Hard to tell, I guess.
    I'm guessing it would be what's called a bone bruise---and they are excrutiating.

And, ahem, i spent the day with my close personal friends Peter Forsberg and Alex Ovechkin .
    "Hope everyone' shavin a good one!" - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday View Post
    I hate NBC. They are only showing Americans compete, there are commercials after every person, and they are showing montages and interviews and old footage instead of the live events going on right now. I so wish there was another option.
    Unfortunately this bias has been going on for years and years. I remember the 84 olympics which I watched a lot of, also had that criticism.

A*O

Haaaaaaaaaaahahahahah Check out the "Aussie" Dale Begg-Smith who won silver in the mogul skiing after the Canadian beat him. He has really spit the dummy. And he's an asshole too. Born in Canada, moved to Oz aged 15 and runs a shonky internet business.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Haaaaaaaaaaahahahahah Check out the "Aussie" Dale Begg-Smith who won silver in the mogul skiing after the Canadian beat him. He has really spit the dummy. And he's an asshole too. Born in Canada, moved to Oz aged 15 and runs a shonky internet business.
    I have to say many Canadians, including yours truly, were roaring for joy when Alexandre Bilodeau took the gold while Dale Begg-Smith took silver. He's considered a traitor around these parts particularly in his former hometown. Yeah, he can suck it.

Last edited by heart_leigh; February 15th, 2010 at 07:40 AM.
    Rock the fuck on!

I'm betting Lindsay Vonn was concerned she may have a stress fracture. That's far more likely to keep her out of competition than a bone bruise. Plus, they are more common in female athletes and the cure is rest. If that's her real diagnosis, my guess is she'll get through the first competition or two and then really struggle with pain.

Thread Information