Page 23 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 345 of 717

Thread: 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver!

  1. #331
    Super Moderator NoDayButToday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    14,136

    Default

    I hate NBC. They are only showing Americans compete, there are commercials after every person, and they are showing montages and interviews and old footage instead of the live events going on right now. I so wish there was another option.

  2. #332
    Elite Member heart_leigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Nowheresville
    Posts
    5,388

    Default

    ^ That's what's so great about the CBC. We see everyone competing.
    Rock the fuck on!

  3. #333
    Elite Member C_is_for_Cookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday View Post
    I hate NBC. They are only showing Americans compete, there are commercials after every person, and they are showing montages and interviews and old footage instead of the live events going on right now. I so wish there was another option.
    I miss living in Europe, there so many different tv stations to pick from and all were airing live competition no matter what the local time was. I remember staying up all night to watch live events during the Sydney and the Salt Lake City Games.

  4. #334
    Elite Member msdeb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    39,425

    Default

    we live in the same time zone as Vancouver, but once again, the west coast gets screwed with live events.

    i still have 2 hours before the evening events come on.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

  5. #335
    Elite Member McJag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    42,527

    Default

    Loved the Chinese couple. American one & now Canadian! So great!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

  6. #336
    Elite Member Laurent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Out There
    Posts
    38,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    we live in the same time zone as Vancouver, but once again, the west coast gets screwed with live events.

    i still have 2 hours before the evening events come on.
    I don't understand why they don't just air it live for all the North American time zones? I mean if it starts live 7:30 pm EST, then it's 4:30 pm Pacific Time - that's not too early. And even if it is a bit early in the afternoon, I imagine people would still rather see it live than on some stupid time delay.

  7. #337
    Elite Member McJag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    42,527

    Default

    I wonder if Canada regrets letting that skier go off to Austrailia...
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

  8. #338
    Elite Member heart_leigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Nowheresville
    Posts
    5,388

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    I wonder if Canada regrets letting that skier go off to Austrailia...
    That's ok 'cuz we still won the Gold....Yay, Alexandre Bilodeau! Woohoo!
    Rock the fuck on!

  9. #339
    Elite Member msdeb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    39,425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    I don't understand why they don't just air it live for all the North American time zones? I mean if it starts live 7:30 pm EST, then it's 4:30 pm Pacific Time - that's not too early. And even if it is a bit early in the afternoon, I imagine people would still rather see it live than on some stupid time delay.
    because NBC is in it for the money. their network sucks, this is the only way they can get their money. They did this with Tennis too. bastards.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

  10. #340
    Elite Member McJag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    42,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heart_leigh View Post
    That's ok 'cuz we still won the Gold....Yay, Alexandre Bilodeau! Woohoo!
    Guess that answers that !! Congrats!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

  11. #341
    Elite Member Laurent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Out There
    Posts
    38,161

    Default

    I wish NBC would pick an event and stick with it. Hopping back and forth between the figure skating and skiing is pissing me off. I want to see all the figure skating, and I'm sure there are people that would like to see all the skiing uninterrupted, dammit!

  12. #342
    Elite Member McJag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    42,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    I wish NBC would pick an event and stick with it. Hopping back and forth between the figure skating and skiing is pissing me off. I want to see all the figure skating, and I'm sure there are people that would like to see all the skiing uninterrupted, dammit!
    Ditto! I would like to see ALL one, then the other.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

  13. #343
    Elite Member heart_leigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Nowheresville
    Posts
    5,388

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Guess that answers that !! Congrats!
    It was very emotional for Canadians because we've finally won a gold on home soil. I'm actually quite teary-eyed.
    Rock the fuck on!

  14. #344
    Zee
    Zee is offline
    Elite Member Zee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Camping with Einstein
    Posts
    5,465

    Default

    I can stand watching much of the Olympic. Between the Dan Jansen commercials selling who the hell knows what (visa) and the short attention span coverage- I'm frustrated.

    Men's downhill rescheduled for tomorrow unless the fog rolls in a causes another reschedule. Should be interesting with Manny Osbourne Paradis competing in his own home turf.
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

  15. #345
    Elite Member Laurent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Out There
    Posts
    38,161

    Default

    I love when the Ukrainian and Russian teams skate - you're guaranteed lots of blue eyeshadow.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Eliza Dushku - MF Magazine winter 2010 issue
    By celebpic in forum Magazines and Photoshoots
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: January 16th, 2010, 03:10 PM
  2. Ed Westwick, Arena Homme Plus, Winter/Spring 2009/2010
    By Honey in forum Magazines and Photoshoots
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: October 6th, 2009, 04:43 AM
  3. Replies: 14
    Last Post: February 22nd, 2006, 09:15 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •