Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010/2011 College Football Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    I called my dad to give him my condolences on Alabama. He's holding up well, lol. My boss is a huge Bama fan, too, so I'll be avoiding the shit out of him for the next week while he recovers.

Auburn is still leading Kentucky, thankfully.

ETA: In the 12 minutes since I posted that, it went from Auburn 31 - Kentucky 17 to a tied game. Crap.
    I'd love to see Gene Chizick go down hard. Can't stand him.

For some reason So. Carolina fans love the Hawkeyes so I'm thrilled for them. Plus, I love to see a #1 team get upset.

I have friends who are in melt down mode after the Bama and Michigan losses. It will be interesting to see who ends up at #1 given OSU's unimpressive will over IL and the fact that they played UI today. The polls care an awful lot about style points and they don't get any with those wins which is too bad for the Big Ten.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    I'd love to see Gene Chizick go down hard. Can't stand him.

For some reason So. Carolina fans love the Hawkeyes so I'm thrilled for them. Plus, I love to see a #1 team get upset.

I have friends who are in melt down mode after the Bama and Michigan losses. It will be interesting to see who ends up at #1 given OSU's unimpressive will over IL and the fact that they played UI today. The polls care an awful lot about style points and they don't get any with those wins which is too bad for the Big Ten.
    It will be Ohio State. Even though the only serious opponent they(we) had was Miami and they have just been revealed as being overrated.

I hate OSU being #1-we do better as an underdog. I really think we will lose at least one game. If not, then we will probably choke again in the NCG...ONCE AGAIN! *shudders at the thought of another NCG humiliation and the hell we would catch for it*

I guess the Crimson Tidal Wave ran into an unexpectedly strong and high South Carolina seawall! Cheers to the Gamecocks!

And BRAVO! Michigan State!!! and I am glad we do not play you this year ourselves!

* if we lose to Iowa or Wisconsin, oh well. As long as we defeat Michigan I will be happy.

Bite me, Soj.
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

Quote Originally Posted by Lalique View Post
    Bite me, Soj.
    For which part of my post must I bite thee, Lalique? Could you please specify before I endeavor to bite you?

And BRAVO! Michigan State!!! and I am glad we do not play you this year ourselves!
    Why, thank you (yeah, I went there). The State of Michigan was all atwitter yesterday about this game. MSU was in the right places at the right time - interceptions, long runs, etc. They did the right things when it counted and UM did not. I think this was a wake-up call for the Wolverines.

I was following the game on Facebook yesterday, and I am a member of both the UM and MSU Football "groups"; I root for both to win except when they play each other. Then it's MSU all the way. So I'm cheering for MSU yesterday and I get this note from a self-professed UM fan calling me ALL kinds of names for cheering for MSU. Mind you, I don't know this guy at all. I ended up reporting him to Facebook; not sure what they'll do about it. He wouldn't give it up. It's not just a football game for many graduates I guess; it's all-out war. Ridiculous.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

I know my BSU Broncos are still in the tiny WAC but they are doing very very well. Again!

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Uh oh! The big Sports Illustrated curse!

Huh? What curse? Oh no.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Interesting read, thank you Laurent. Very weird indeed.

lol Sorry Sprynkles.

The curse was just brought to my attention last year when the Iowa Hawkeyes got a SI cover. I think they lost their next game after it. So it was big talk here in Iowa.

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    Why, thank you (yeah, I went there). The State of Michigan was all atwitter yesterday about this game. MSU was in the right places at the right time - interceptions, long runs, etc. They did the right things when it counted and UM did not. I think this was a wake-up call for the Wolverines.

I was following the game on Facebook yesterday, and I am a member of both the UM and MSU Football "groups"; I root for both to win except when they play each other. Then it's MSU all the way. So I'm cheering for MSU yesterday and I get this note from a self-professed UM fan calling me ALL kinds of names for cheering for MSU. Mind you, I don't know this guy at all. I ended up reporting him to Facebook; not sure what they'll do about it. He wouldn't give it up. It's not just a football game for many graduates I guess; it's all-out war. Ridiculous.
    at Michigan State fans chanting 'LITTLE SISTER! LITTLE SISTER' at the Big House yesterday!!!

^
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    Huh? What curse? Oh no.
    Effing curse lost us a game and a starting QB last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    It will be Ohio State. Even though the only serious opponent they(we) had was Miami and they have just been revealed as being overrated.

I hate OSU being #1-we do better as an underdog. I really think we will lose at least one game. If not, then we will probably choke again in the NCG...ONCE AGAIN! *shudders at the thought of another NCG humiliation and the hell we would catch for it*

I guess the Crimson Tidal Wave ran into an unexpectedly strong and high South Carolina seawall! Cheers to the Gamecocks!

* if we lose to Iowa or Wisconsin, oh well. As long as we defeat Michigan I will be happy.
    Soj, allow me to bring out my world's smallest violin. It must absoultely suck to have to think about losing a NCG.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information