Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010/2011 College Football Thread!

I'd rather have it be Wisconsin too, but it makes more sense to have Minnesota be their protected game.

Default Boise State gets fancy new duds! Some other schools did too.

Nike Pro Combat Uniforms
    (Credit: Nike)
    Some traditional college football programs are getting a fashion makeover - swoosh style.
    Unveiling its new line of Combat Pro Uniforms, Nike has redesigned one-of-a-kind uniforms for ten college football teams.
    According to USA Today, the schools getting new threads are Ohio State, Alabama, Florida, Boise State, Miami, Oregon State, Pittsburgh, TCU, Virginia Tech and West Virginia. The newspaper says each team will wear the updated uniform for at least one game this season.
    Some highlights, according to USA Today:
    - Ohio State will don red helmets (a tribute to the red leather helmets worn by players of the 1942 national champion Buckeyes team)
    - Virginia Tech will sport black for the first time in a century
    - The TCU Horned Frogs will wear Lizard-skin designs and the Florida Gators will don, what else, Gator-skin unis.
    The Nike Pro Combat uniforms aren't just slickly designed, they are also aero-dynamic - 37 percent lighter, according to Nike.

Nike Pro Combat Uniforms: 10 College Teams Get Fashion Makeover - Sports Blog - CBS News

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Quote Originally Posted by C_is_for_Cookie View Post
    I'd rather have it be Wisconsin too, but it makes more sense to have Minnesota be their protected game.
    Yeah but we have NO ties to Purdue. So that makes no sense. Oh well. I can't complain (even though I just did).

I'm beyond thrilled that the Big 10 finally will have a championship game. I hated that the their season ended so early. I don't really care when tOSU & Michigan play (even though it will still be the final game of the season), just so long as the Bucks continue to kick the crap out of that team from the north.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Had a BLAST at the K State game yesterday. We kicked some Cali butt.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Ok yea.....so season opener yesterday AT Akron (I know I know) Syracuse kicked the crap outta them. On the road, first game. You don't understand....this NEVER HAPPENS. Won by 26 points.

Two in a row might be too much to wish for, but at least their confidence is going to be decent going in....

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    I'm beyond thrilled that the Big 10 finally will have a championship game. I hated that the their season ended so early. I don't really care when tOSU & Michigan play (even though it will still be the final game of the season), just so long as the Bucks continue to kick the crap out of that team from the north.
    Amen to this!

I am a bit worried about this Saturday...8 years of bitterness and acrimony still all pent up and ready to burst forth...Oh they must hate us so right now!

YAY! Go Bucks.

But it does not matter in the long run..Alabama is just going to steamroller it's way to a National Championship-they will crush everyone before them.

I guess all we can do is our best, and try to beat Michigan again(yeah so he got 500 plus yards-nice offense-he WAS the offense. Put them up against another team with a really good offense-and a really good DEFENSE-and then let's see what happens.

one guy gets 500 yards plus in offense-and yet they still ALMOST LOST THE GAME and only won by four points-that is telling.

You need more than one great player.

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post

But it does not matter in the long run..Alabama is just going to steamroller it's way to a National Championship-they will crush everyone before them.

Wise words lol. Roll Tide! Richardson is a beast. Penn State played like shit though, all those fumbles and interceptions... shit anyone could have beat them tonight.
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

I think Alabama would beat just about anyone right now..it would just be by how much of a margin with each really good team.

I loved how Miami played.. They scored 24 points..but 17 were really 'special teams'- with the fieldgoal and the two kickoff returns. Their 'real' offense only scored 7 points..and had nearly that many turnovers. I could not believe how many times he threw it away!

Still I was nervous as hell until the very last.

I soooo wanted Michigan to blow it-so dissapointed they came back at the end like that. Shit! I would have loved that fucker to have 500 yards of offense..and LOSE the game! Damn!

My Huskers are 2-0. Even if they play suck-ass teams, I'm still happy.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Go Green, Go White. Go Blue. They done good today.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    Go Green, Go White. Go Blue. They done good today.
    Do the Spartans play 'that team' this year? I hope that is the green you are referring to. That is another good rivalry... The Spartans hate 'that team' as much as we do.

Yes, that is the Green I'm referring to.

Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Oh Jesus H....Syracuse got spanked yesterday,...after being up 10-0, then just got ass whipped. I had such high hopes too...
    That'll teach me to have hopes.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information