Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread: 2010/2011 College Football Thread!

I have no idea what the NCAA was thinking when they suspended those players for 5 games, but let them play in the Sugar Bowl.

I'm also not sure what Ohio State was thinking when it became public that they pretty much blackmailed those 5 players into coming back for their senior year. I don't care how Tressel spins it, to me it reeks of blackmail.

All sports are tainted in some fashion. There's payola, payoffs, blackmail, favortism, bribes - I don't think one school or professional sports team can claim "clean". It's all about money. Period.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

ALL I AM SAYING IS THAT THE SYRACUSE ORANGEMEN ARE THE 2010 Pinstripe Bowl (yea, I had never heard of it either) WINNERS!!!

Congrats to them, since they have sucked for sooo many years now....and their Head Coach is only in his second year, so this is a pretty good way to start out a dynasty! haha
    Seriously, the Coach is a former Syracuse football player, so he has a real passion for the team, the University and community in general. Really nice to see I have to admit.

So sorry Greys.....but it was a GREAT game. Both teams played well and it was a nail biter there right up to the end. You should be proud of your team as well.

The Pinstripe Bowl? TOO many bowl games. But, I will say Good for Syracuse.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Yea seriously, no one had a clue when it was announced...we were like WTF Bowl is that shit? BUT HAPPY to have been invited to any Bowl honestly!

Edit: I am watching the replay now w/hub since he was at work while it was on and DVR'd it....and clearly I know who won, but he doesn't. ITS DRIVING ME CRAZY! I'm like, oh, lets just fast forward through this part and he's like NO, I want to see it! UGH!

In fairness, I haven't heard of half of the December bowls this year.

I laughed out loud at Nebraska going down tonight. Welcome to the Big Ten boys. Get used to 6-6.

Another Big Ten loss coming in 5..4..3..

Ohio State will lose.

What a shithole ending for us(and the Big Ten).

I just saw on Cnn and MSNBC that Dickrod is fired. No surprise there.

Regarding Ohio State..at least we are not Michigan.

Damn! 0-6 against both OSU and Michigan State...Michigan fans must be in some kind of hell....

I hope that at least we are competetive against Arkansas...not getting blown out like the teams from 'up north'.

If Harbaugh goes to Michigan, the Big Ten will be a free for all once again and the title won't be a gimmie for tOSU. That said, I doubt he'll go to Michigan.

Oh Soj nooooooooooooooooooooo, what happened to your 2011 optimism??????

O-H

I-O!!!!!
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Well they're kicking ass and taking names tonight. Pryor is playing really well.

Just FYI - "DickRod" (gotta love that) is still around. Met with the AD for 3 hours today and he's still UM's football coach. Nobody's sure what the hell is going on. More meetings to come tomorrow.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    Oh Soj nooooooooooooooooooooo, what happened to your 2011 optimism??????

O-H

I-O!!!!!
    Oh I got it back, went to our family gathering(changed my work schedule and everything), sat through the first half well and then suffered greatly during the second half, nearly puked when they blocked that kick, and was chanting as I tore apart plastic plates, "Oh GOD!-there has not been an interception yet!-it is just not fair! Oh please God! it is time! it is time for one!'

and then...INTERCEPTION! Oh the relief and joy! (I guess there is a God? )

Now I will have to start going to church and all. oh well.

GO BUCKS!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    Well they're kicking ass and taking names tonight. Pryor is playing really well.
    They (meaning the officials, the announcers, and yeah, most of the nation that gave a damn about this game) soooo wanted us to lose! HA! No more 0-9 SEC hell curse!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    Just FYI - "DickRod" (gotta love that) is still around. Met with the AD for 3 hours today and he's still UM's football coach. Nobody's sure what the hell is going on. More meetings to come tomorrow.
    yeah I got that wrong-should not have bought the first reports...and Michigan's agony is prolonged. They have my sympathy(yeah right!)

And we all KNOW now who the REAL Big Ten Champ is! Suck it Michigan State and Wisconsin! *evil laugh* (just kidding to the fans of those teams though..kinda.

I do like Arkansas though..so I will not say anything but good game and great near comeback. One hell of a team(they did beat Alabama..love them for that).
    Arkansas was my favorite SEC team, and will remain so. I also do mind LSU. Bama and Florida..ugh I do not even want to go there..especially the hated hated Flaw-duh.

But anyway, just got home, iit is 2am, and I am up all night to celebrate!

Heard on the news this morning that Iowa safety Tyler Sash is entering the NFL draft. Everyone around here is really surprised. Good luck to him though.

I am not real familiar with the drafting process,...can anyone fill me in? I am thinking he submits his paperwork and then has to wait and see if any team picks him up? If not he could go back to Iowa and finish his senior year I suppose.
    Last edited by JadeStar70; January 13th, 2011 at 12:50 PM.

Welcome to University of Michigan to Brady Hoke. Still not sure about this guy (well, he IS in as coach), but saw an interview with his wife, Laura. She's nice.

- Mark Twain

They submit their paperwork and get back information about where they might go in the draft (which round etc). Then they can decide to enter early or not. Sash leaving isn't surprising. He has nothing left to prove here. He's 23 this summer (I heard) and his shoulders have been trouble. It makes sense to cash in if you can.

Brookie, Brady Hoke has ties to Michigan. A lot of people seem to think he's a good hire. Not sure how you go from SDSU to Michigan though.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread Information