Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 2010/2011 College Football Thread!

Apparently at Yankee Stadium, which seems like an unfair advantage for y'all.

Pinstripe Bowl - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

A lot of fans from Syracuse will go.....the fans take over the NCAA Big East Tournament in NYC every year. So I can see a bunch of people hauling ass down there for this too. My hub and I thought about going to whatever Bowl they were invited too (hoping of course it was in Florida or somewhere WARM) but not sure that's gonna happen in NYC. Though my hub might be taking his Dad to it for an Xmas present....since we cannot figure out what the hell to get him. Not that it matters of course..

Fucking Pinstripe Bowl...nice.

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    Hey Hawkeye fans,...boy, that DJK really screwed up this week, didn't he? Kid had a bright future and really blew it. I am assuming he loses his scholarship and gets kicked out of college, along with being kicked off the team? Haven't heard anything on the school part of it yet.
    I'm sure all those thing already happened or will happen soon. Dumbass. I heard he was probably going to be a 3rd round draft pick and would be making a lot of money and he just throws it all away like that.

Yea,..he may still make it into the NFL, but it won't go as smooth as it would have if this never happened. The sad thing is that the NFL overlooks a lot of this behavior.

Did you see how he was dressed for his court date? He looked like a damn pimp or player. He sat there with his sunglasses on and laughing. I don't think he is taking this serious at all. He knows he will come out okay. His buddie is still sitting in jail, he didn't get to bond out. Bet his roommate takes the majority of the fall for it.

He won't lose his scholarship. He's slated to graduate next weekend. Interesting comment from Ferentz today though. He said he'd "never play football" at Iowa again. I took that to mean Ferentz is severing all ties which would mean he'll have no coaching support going into the combine this spring. Plus word is Ferentz will not give his support to DJK as a possible NFL player. THat's huge. He went from a middle round guy to someone who might possibly get drafted as a free agent. He just cost himself a ton of cash.

He did look like an ass in court. His roommate is from very wealthy central Iowa family though and is out on $10K bond. All of the felony charges are against him. DJK just has misdemenors (sp?). The roommate was actually the one under investigation and the one they were going after. DJK must have been high because he admitted to everything when they showed up at the door to get the roomie.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    He won't lose his scholarship. He's slated to graduate next weekend. Interesting comment from Ferentz today though. He said he'd "never play football" at Iowa again. I took that to mean Ferentz is severing all ties which would mean he'll have no coaching support going into the combine this spring. Plus word is Ferentz will not give his support to DJK as a possible NFL player. THat's huge. He went from a middle round guy to someone who might possibly get drafted as a free agent. He just cost himself a ton of cash.

He did look like an ass in court. His roommate is from very wealthy central Iowa family though and is out on $10K bond. All of the felony charges are against him. DJK just has misdemenors (sp?). The roommate was actually the one under investigation and the one they were going after. DJK must have been high because he admitted to everything when they showed up at the door to get the roomie.

Yea,..why would you admit anything? Keep your yap shut at least until you talk to your lawyer. Lordy!

Thanks for info. Did I read somewhere on the site that you work at the college, or am I thinking of someone else? If you do, it is kind of neat to hear what the talk is around campus.

I have close ties to the U and, to a lesser extent, to the football team. The news about DJK broke during Tuesday's basketball game. THe entire place heard about it via text within about two minutes. Crazy.

Legends and Leaders? Really? Major fail Big Ten.

More Hawkeye drama. Can't wait till this season is over and the talk stops.

Seriously, do we have any players left?

Only two are gone (Hampton and DJK). ARob is suspended until next semester and will have to weasel his way back on the team with good behavior.

Rumor has it a few other guys failed a drug test but, since it's a first offense, they are given counseling.

I talked to a few people who were at the end of the year banquet this weekend. Apparently no one mentioned DJK's name and it was like he never existed.

One of the players also said that Ferentz was PISSED about all of this and has been taking it out on them in practice. Good for him, I say. I love MaBoo Kirk and he should do whatever puts a beautiful smile back on his face again. Plus, he goes to my Starbucks when he's happy and I haven't seen him there in awhile.

[quote=Bellatheball;2313767]ARob is suspended until next semester and will have to weasel his way back on the team with good behavior. quote]

Bet he has screwed this chance up with his arrest for pot on Monday. Some of these kids are really slow learners.

Surprised they played as well as they did last night with so many of their players gone or suspended. But maybe it was good to get rid of the trash and druggies.

I highly doubt they'll let ARob back on the team even if he gets his arrest fixed without too many problems.

The kids played pretty good last night, hope that getting all the rotten apples are gone now.

Maybe they should see if they can turn Micah Hyde into a punt returner lol.

Ohio State is going to get it's ass kicked in the Sugar Bowl. This latest scandal is just going to take the team down and we will get blown out. Oh well. Might as well change the name to Ohio Scandal University. *sigh*

There's no way in hell Ferentz will let him come back. Did anyone catch his comments about Coker after the game? He made a point of saying he's a terrific kid, even better off the field than he is on. There is no doubt in my mind that was his way of saying goodbye and good riddance to those guys.

Soj, what are people saying in Ohio about the NCAA? It's a complete crock of shit that they are playing in the bowl game. You sell your sportsmanship award and still get to play in the Sugar Bowl? Crap. Our teams are doing no favors for the Big Ten, are they?
    Last edited by Bellatheball; December 30th, 2010 at 07:06 AM.

Thread Information