Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 2010/2011 College Football Thread!

They've been playing shitty since Indiana, which we barely pulled a win out off. NW was bad, Minnesota was bad and they at least tried against Ohio State. I wish they could play like that every week, but this season just has been way too uneven. Especially the second half of the season. Last year we won all those close games, this year we lost them all. We lost our conference games by a combined 11 points, all of them by late TD's. Everybody I know is bitching about Stanzi, but IMO they should be bitching about the so called 'best defense of the Big Ten'.

I agree 100% about our D. WTF happened? Clayborn MUST be hurt. There's absoultely no other reason for him to be sucking wind for the entire second half of every game. There's also no reason he has 1-2 sacks on the year.

Jade, Sash was ok. He drilled a few guys. I really think it's that opposing teams knew we were down to a true freshman at middle LB and we're down to the 5th and 6th string guys on OLBs. They exploited this with short passes up the middle. That took Sash and Greenwood out of most plays. Word is Sash's going pro after this year because he's 23. HAve you heard anything? I undestand it from an age perspective but he wasn't able to increase his stock this year.

Stanzi is the one I don't get. O'Keefe essentially neutered him this year. He wasn't playing to win. He was playing not to make mistakes.

And DJK was disgustingly underutilized this year. What a damn shame.

Is Sash a Jr. or Sr. this year? From what I have heard and know of the family, I can pretty much say the kid will finish college. Education is really BIG to him and his family. His Dad is a teacher at our middle school, and I think he would be ticked if he didn't finish. But I am sure he would like to go pro, if that becomes an option for him. God knows everyone around here will flip out if that happens. Meh.....

Junior but he's 23. Whether he's pro material or not is a bit up for debate. A lot of people see him getting drafted in later rounds. I actually love the kid. All the Hawkeye boards refer to him as TMFS (Tyler MotherFing Sash) because he's so bad ass (or was, last year). Did his dad say anything about the team this year?

I haven't heard much of his family talking around town on the team. Just the normal proud parents, excitied and bragging on their son, ect. Just like all proud parents do. But I know the degree will mean alot to his Dad, maybe even more than the football career. Osky has had 2 kids make it on the team in the last few years,..Steven Staggs is also a hometown boy as well.

I don't actually follow college ball much, so I just go off the news and the hometown reports. I just know Tyler's name was mentioned more last year, so I assume it wasn't as good of a year for him this year. Which happens. I just would be surprised if he left U of I before graduating. I thought he was only a year or so older than my oldest,...I thought he was only 21 or 22.

I hope you're right. I'd love to have him around next year. He made the All Big Ten team so people notice him. He was also mentioned in an ESPN College Game Day commercial (very cool!).

SEC Champs! On to the National Championship!

War Damn Eagle!!!

Nebraska blew the big 12 championship. C'est la vie. I'll feel better when I buy my new Nook at Barnes and Noble tomorrow.

Has anyone seen some the god awful names of some of the bowl games?:

R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl
    S.D. County Credit Union Poinsettia Bowl
    Chick-fil-A Bowl
    Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl
    Beef 'O' Brady's St. Petersburg Bowl

It's all about money and advertising. Bring back the old days of plain old bowl names.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Quote Originally Posted by angelais View Post
    It's all about money and advertising. Bring back the old days of plain old bowl names.
    I know - they used to have normal names, i.e. The Rose Bowl, The Orange Bowl, The Citrus Bowl, The Cotton Bowl, The Sugar Bowl. Now they're just stupid commercial lending institution bowls.

Hey Hawkeye fans,...boy, that DJK really screwed up this week, didn't he? Kid had a bright future and really blew it. I am assuming he loses his scholarship and gets kicked out of college, along with being kicked off the team? Haven't heard anything on the school part of it yet.

Syracuse actually got invited to their first Bowl game in like forever. Some Pinstripe Bowl or some shit, but it's better than nothing I guess.

Yep, you're playing me. Sorry you have to go down.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Yep, you're playing me. Sorry you have to go down.
    Who's your team again? They're in the same Bowl as Syracuse?

As I just said, it's the first time they've been in a Bowl game in a hundred years so that might not be a problem for them to go down. They seem awfully selective as to what games they actually decide to show up to...
    MADDENING!

K-State and yes, we got the suck ass Pinstripe Bowl, whatever the fuck that is. I'm so pissed at them after a billiant start this season.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Yea, and where the hell is the Pinstripe Bowl anyway? I've never heard of it, but then someone said it might be the very first Pinstripe Bowl...oh who the hell cares anyway!

Thread Information