Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748495051 LastLast

Thread: 2009-2010 NFL Season thread--bring your thoughts/bitches and WTF comments here!

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Unfortunately, the Cowboys keep proving that they have a December curse. But if by some miracle they were to beat New Orleans on Saturday, which won't happen, they would end the curse talk forever.
    FUCKING AWESOME GAME.

Why can't that team show up every single Sunday??? WHY??? They beat the crap outta them....though the score didn't necessarily reflect it, they DID. December curse? Maybe.....not yesterday though.

How bout them Cowboys?

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    FUCKING AWESOME GAME.

Why can't that team show up every single Sunday??? WHY??? They beat the crap outta them....though the score didn't necessarily reflect it, they DID. December curse? Maybe.....not yesterday though.

How bout them Cowboys?
    Lynnie, congrats to you and the rest of the Cowboys fans. Now, the Cowboys just have to prove they can win a playoff game.

I'm watching the Chargers/Bengals game. Ever since Chris Henry died, they have showed Chad Ochocinco (i hate that name) crying, wearing Henry's jersey, etc. What a freaking media whore. There are other Bengals that are mourning Henry's loss, but are doing it quietly, and out of the spotlight.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I haven't had a chance to watch any football today. I was so busy digging my car out of the snow and talking to people on the phone. But the Giants don't lose to the Redskins until tomorrow, so I'll watch that until I get disgusted and turn.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    I haven't had a chance to watch any football today. I was so busy digging my car out of the snow and talking to people on the phone. But the Giants don't lose to the Redskins until tomorrow, so I'll watch that until I get disgusted and turn.
    ya know, i think the Giants are going win!
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    ya know, i think the Giants are going win!
    Deb, I wish I had your confidence, but after the Eagles game I've decided that for the next three games, Redskins, Panthers and Vikings, I'm just going to assume the Giants lose. That way, I won't be pissed when it happens. If they win, then it'll just make me appreciate the win more.

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    I'm watching the Chargers/Bengals game. Ever since Chris Henry died, they have showed Chad Ochocinco (i hate that name) crying, wearing Henry's jersey, etc. What a freaking media whore. There are other Bengals that are mourning Henry's loss, but are doing it quietly, and out of the spotlight.
    Brandon Marshall from the Broncos actually came out with Henry's name on his back. Chad didn't wear Henry's jersey b/c he didn't want to be a distraction.. he only wore it in practice last week.

Ocho Cinco and Chris Henry were great friends.. he's upset.. I don't think he's looking for attention with this. And it's not like he's asking for the cameras to be on him when he's crying.. he's mourning his teammate.. it's fresh.. geesh!

while i appreciate that, Chad is the T.O of the Bengals.
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

That's true, but Ochocinco seems to have a sense of humor about himslef and his antics. T.O. is much more hostile about is attention whoring.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Statistically speaking, I should be rooting for the Redskins tonight.......yet, am UNABLE to do so. I can't. Gotta root for the Giants. Fucking LOATHE the Skins......its a Dallas thing.

So, I guess if the Redskins win, ok.....but I will still wish NY wins.

Childress previously tried twice to bench Favre twice

Posted by Mike Florio on December 21, 2009 6:51 PM ET
    As it turns out, last night's failed effort by coach Brad Childress to bench quarterback Brett Favre wasn't the first attempt to yank Favre off the field.

Per separate reports from ESPN and the Minneapolis Star Tribune, Childress previously tried to pull Favre on two other occasions.

Per ESPN, the first one came on October 5 against the Packers, after Favre audibled to a long pass late in a game that the Vikings led by 10 points with 3:27 to play. We criticized the decision at the time, though it wasn't clear whether Childress called the deep pass at a time when the Vikes could have milked the clock, or whether Favre had changed the play at the line in order to further "stick it" to Green Bay G.M. Ted Thompson.

Chilldress reportedly was furious, but offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell persuaded Chilly to chill out.

When Favre learned of the near-benching, he confronted Childress, who blamed it on the emotion of the game.

Then, on November 15, Childress tried to do it again early in a 27-10 win over the Lions.

On the prior two occasions, Favre didn't say anything about it to he media. This time, however, he popped off -- and that apparently caused Chilly to blow a gasket, according to Tom Powers of the St. Paul Pioneer Press. Powers believes that he was in the vicinity of the visiting coach's office last night when Childress learned about Favre's comments -- and that Childress emerged from the office "like a wild man" and "went ballistic."

Bottom line? It's a mess right now in Minnesota, and that's good news for ESPN, since the Monday Night Football slate ends next week with a suddenly spiced-up game between the Vikings and the Bears.

Childress previously tried twice to bench Favre twice | ProFootballTalk.com

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    Statistically speaking, I should be rooting for the Redskins tonight.......yet, am UNABLE to do so. I can't. Gotta root for the Giants. Fucking LOATHE the Skins......its a Dallas thing.

So, I guess if the Redskins win, ok.....but I will still wish NY wins.
    I feel the same way about the Eagles, Lynnie. I loathe Philly and I will never root for them.

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    That's true, but Ochocinco seems to have a sense of humor about himslef and his antics. T.O. is much more hostile about is attention whoring.
    Very true! He had one bad year when he was unhappy and was demanding to be traded, etc. But for the most part he's just a big goofball that we Bengals fans rally around. When you've been just awful for so many years it's nice to have someone on the team that actually makes the game fun to watch!

While I love that the Giants spanked the Redskins, I'm still not getting too confident. They need to show that kind of tough play consistently.

And I ALMOST felt bad for the Redskins in that beating. It was like they couldn't do anything right. And that gadget play that they tried right before halftime instead of going for the FG had to be one of the dumbest things I've seen in an NFL game. What made it worse was that Coughlin spotted the play, called a timeout, and then the Redskins tried it again and it completely fell apart. That was a WTF moment.

its been a LONGGGGGGGG time since i watched the Giants play with a smile on my face. I hope they carry that to next week.
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Thread Information