Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009-2010 NFL Season thread--bring your thoughts/bitches and WTF comments here!

Points and laughs at Brett Favre.

Congrats to Kurt Warner. Although Warner needs to tell his wife to stop trying to dance on national television.

*yawn*

The Geriatric Bowl was a good game to watch, although I could have done without Collinsworth talking about his son, watching a guy eat an ice cream sandwich, and seeing the possible tranny they were passing off as Kurt Warner's wife proving rhythm is a talent not every human possesses and dark roots with bleached straw attached went out of style 25 years ago.

Favre still has it, as does Warner. Why retire if you can still play at the level they do? Everyone has an off day. Just ask Brady and Roethlisberger.

Bummed about the Vikings,...but oh well,....it happens. The whole team seemed off,...and now we have several new injuries.

WTF was up with Washington?? They had that game in the bag and let them come back. Stupid.

Sex Ed with Al Michaels and Jared Allen | Sports Rubbish

Al Michaels was discussing Jared Allen (#69) and said 'sooner or later 69 will be in your face' LOL

heard about this on the radio this morning. funny stuff!
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I heard Al say that last night on air,...and I thought,....wtf? Does he realize how that sounded?? ABC might not approve of that...lol

Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    *yawn*

The Geriatric Bowl was a good game to watch, although I could have done without Collinsworth talking about his son, watching a guy eat an ice cream sandwich, and seeing the possible tranny they were passing off as Kurt Warner's wife proving rhythm is a talent not every human possesses and dark roots with bleached straw attached went out of style 25 years ago.

Favre still has it, as does Warner. Why retire if you can still play at the level they do? Everyone has an off day. Just ask Brady and Roethlisberger.
    Neither one should retire if they still have it. But Favre pretended to retire so he could screw over Green Bay and the Jets, and hasn't shown an ounce of remorse yet. So, while I still think he's one of the best QBs that ever played the game, I enjoy watching him get brought down a peg either by losing a big game or getting booed in Lambeau.

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    Bummed about the Vikings,...but oh well,....it happens. The whole team seemed off,...and now we have several new injuries.

WTF was up with Washington?? They had that game in the bag and let them come back. Stupid.
    Outside of enjoying watching Favre lose, I'm sorry about the Vikings, Jade.

And I don't know what happened with the Redskins, either. Who knew they had it in them? I don't think anyone thought that they would go into OT against the Saints. But it's December and that's when football gets unpredictable, except for Romo losing a big game of course.

Awww...thanks Kingcap. I hear ya. I would rather see the Vikings make it this far with Jackson or even Rosenfel as quarterback. I hate Farve. He has played better than I thought he would,...but he is still a pompous ass to me. Everytime I look at him with his "no teeth" smile and looks,...I want to smack him.

This is the time of year it comes down to skill, hard work and lots of luck. Sometimes a shitty teams gets their big break from a wildcard chance, and they take it all the way. As a Minn Vikings fan,...I hope this is their year. But if not,...I will live and hope again in August 2010....

Who is your main team, Kingcap?

Jade, the Giants have been my main team since I was 12 or 13, despite my constant complaints about them.

And you're right, this is the time of the year when teams get that lucky second wind or sputter out. And while I was hoping Favre would fall on his face, he's proven he's still got a lot of gas left in the tank. But I still think either the Vikings or Saints will represent the NFC in the Super Bowl.

At the beginning of the season, I thought the SB might be Steeler or Colts vs Vikings or Cowboys. There may have been a bit of wishful thinking in those choices. I'm not so sure any more. SD is being driven by hunger and the Broncos don't seem to be giving up just yet. The Saints are hungry as well. If they see this is as their one shot, they might have enough desire to push past anyone. The Steelers are in a crisis. The Cowboys are in December. The Giants are finding some fire.

It is easier to just wait for the cold Sunday next year.

Just stopping in (and will probably jinx my Browns) but OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG...6 sacks and up by 10 in the 2d half? It's too much for me.

ETA:

I am fairly speachless, Browns just managed to erase this whole crappy season. They looked like a professional team out there, got a little tear watching them not choke it away in the last minute!!!!
    Last edited by MontanaMama; December 10th, 2009 at 10:45 PM.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

I wanted to check that game out, but I couldn't find the Browns anywhere on TV. So, I settled for watching 'Joe Buck Live' on HBO. I didn't think Buck could be a bigger ass than he already was. I was wrong. Brian Urlacher was on the show along with Brian Westbrook, Floyd Mayweather Jr, Pedro Martinez, Michael Strahan and for some reason Marky Mark.

Urlacher was talking about how the Bears were still in the playoff hunt, and Buck chimes in sarcastically 'In the hunt? Pfftt, come on. It's over.' Urlacher was a little annoyed, but he kept his cool. I was really hoping he would punch Buck in the face.

Sorry to see the Giants lose last night, Kingcap. They stayed right in there fighting,...but Philly was pretty strong last night. I wanted the Giants to win, too.

Glad the Vikings won,....and it was good seeing Winfield back on the field. I did hear that EJ Henderson broke his leg and had surgery. I guess it sounds like he won't be back for the defense this season. Oh well,....it gives a second stringer a chance to step up and prove themself.

still doing the booty shake over here 13-0
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    Sorry to see the Giants lose last night, Kingcap. They stayed right in there fighting,...but Philly was pretty strong last night. I wanted the Giants to win, too.

Glad the Vikings won,....and it was good seeing Winfield back on the field. I did hear that EJ Henderson broke his leg and had surgery. I guess it sounds like he won't be back for the defense this season. Oh well,....it gives a second stringer a chance to step up and prove themself.
    Thanks, Jade. It was the ending I was expecting once the Eagles were up 14-0 in the 1st quarter. I could kill Brandon Jacobs for that turnover, though. The only positives I can come up with from the Giants being swept by the Eagles is 1) they only lost by 7 points instead of 20-plus points like they did in the last game, and 2) Eli didn't throw any interceptions. Philly always gets strong in December, and then tank in the playoffs. I'm hoping that happens again.

Although, I missed an hour of the game, because I got so disgusted at the end of the second quarter when the Eagles made it 30-17, that I turned to 'Keeping Up With the Kardashians.' I turned back and saw it was 37-31, I was like what the hell happened. Congrats on the Vikings win, though.

Right before that,...for only a few seconds, the score was 31-30 and the Giants were on top. Not for long,....but I was hoping they would keep scoring on them. I hope the Eagles tank soon too...lol

Thread Information