Page 39 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast
Results 571 to 585 of 765

Thread: 2009-2010 NFL Season thread--bring your thoughts/bitches and WTF comments here!

  1. #571
    Elite Member RevellingInSane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Where Being PC is understood as a fault!
    Posts
    11,592

    Default

    Ha ha! Finally someone else sees it, too! Don't forget Payton, Frankie, and Chesney are all short!

    I don't know what the Giants were thinking during free agency. Dawkins? Sharper? IIRC, during a local news station's Saints version of TMZ(some of these pieces are borderline stalkerish), the reporter told a story about how Sharper worked out for the Giants and was basically told his career was over and to hang it up. Then he got the call to come down and work out for the Saints.

    Giant management's 2009 talent evaluation skills= Coughlin's 2009 coaching=Pam Oliver's hair weaver's skills=CBS "commentators'"skills=Aikman's on air presence=Gruden's ability to communicate=Keith Olberman's SNF Pre Game Show score recap. Pathetic!



  2. #572
    Elite Member kingcap72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    10 miles from Pootie Tang
    Posts
    21,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    Ha ha! Finally someone else sees it, too! Don't forget Payton, Frankie, and Chesney are all short!
    And two of them are actually still successful. Poor Frankie.

    Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    I don't know what the Giants were thinking during free agency. Dawkins? Sharper? IIRC, during a local news station's Saints version of TMZ(some of these pieces are borderline stalkerish), the reporter told a story about how Sharper worked out for the Giants and was basically told his career was over and to hang it up. Then he got the call to come down and work out for the Saints.

    Giant management's 2009 talent evaluation skills= Coughlin's 2009 coaching=Pam Oliver's hair weaver's skills=CBS "commentators'"skills=Aikman's on air presence=Gruden's ability to communicate=Keith Olberman's SNF Pre Game Show score recap. Pathetic!
    Agreed. I don't know what they were thinking either. The GM Reese was on the ball in his first two seasons with offseason picks, but this year things are off. He did draft some good, young talent, but they need coaches who can actually groom them. Manningham has a lot of potential if he would learn how to stop dropping passes every other play.

    @your examples of talent evaluation skills, especially Pam Oliver's weaver skills.

  3. #573
    Elite Member RevellingInSane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Where Being PC is understood as a fault!
    Posts
    11,592

    Default

    ^^Twitney had better wigs than that dyed straw/roadkill Pam has been sporting. A girl's gotta vent every once in a while and this season has provided ample fuel.

    I don't have to tell you how cold that remark about Frankie was.






  4. #574
    Elite Member kingcap72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    10 miles from Pootie Tang
    Posts
    21,909

    Default

    ^^I haven't seen Pam lately. Last time I saw her she still had a black weave.

    A cold, but accurate, remark. Poor Frankie. Malcolm in the Middle was one of my favorite shows.

    Edit:

    Tom Coughlin really is out of touch with what's going on with the Giants.

    Giants at crossroads with 6-5 record
    EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP)—The New York Giants have reached a crossroads in their season after losing five of six games.
    Following a 26-6 loss at Denver, the Giants are 6-5, with three NFC East opponents up next on the schedule, two at home.
    “We have a five-game schedule,” coach Tom Coughlin said Friday. “It’s one game at a time with these divisional games coming up. We have got to see how we come back now and rally back from a loss which none of us is proud of. We’ll use every aspect of motivation we can to get our guys back on track and get them to realize you are one game away from turning this thing back around.”


    But with New York having lost to nearly every winning team it has faced this season, a turnaround might not be within reach.
    Defensive tackle Barry Cofield(notes) said Friday it was “good to know you have control over what happens” because the Cowboys and Eagles come to Giants Stadium, then New York is at Washington. A sweep of those games would make the Giants contenders again.
    “I have a good feeling that if we go out and play well and win these next three games, we’re in a real good spot,” Cofield said. “Obviously, it’s a stretch of games that can make or break you.”
    How do the Giants avoid it breaking them?
    “We can play better, more physical, smarter and faster,” he said. “A lot of things that can be better. This is the type of game you can either go up or down; this can be the closing statement to our season or this little break can rejuvenate. It’s just going to be up to us which is the case.”
    The Giants are off until they host Dallas on Dec. 6. Of course, the Cowboys also have that extended break.
    Coughlin said the Giants will use some of the time to self-scout, as they did during their bye week before beating the Falcons to snap a four-game slide. Cofield knows how he wants the team to use the extra time.
    “I am a guy who always leans towards individual accountability,” he said. “Guys just have got to make plays, guys have got to be in their gaps. Last night, there were times when guys were not in gaps, not beating their guys off the ball.”
    That was true on offense and defense; Coughlin did commend the special teams for their work in Denver. Otherwise, it was a matter of the Broncos making the key plays, and the Giants not responding when challenged by a club that had lost its past four outings.
    That surprised Coughlin after the Giants lost in the last minute to San Diego, took a week off and then beat Atlanta in overtime.
    “I thought that having played two good football games, we brought ourselves back to playing pretty good football,” Coughlin said. “I thought we were beginning to ascend right there and would continue to build momentum. Yesterday was a disappointment.”

    Giants at crossroads with 6-5 record
    Last edited by kingcap72; November 27th, 2009 at 11:09 PM. Reason: add story

  5. #575
    Elite Member RevellingInSane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Where Being PC is understood as a fault!
    Posts
    11,592

    Default

    The color is now a bit darker than Iman's and slowly making its way to Beyonce; however, she is forgetting one trivial matter. Her natural colored roots. SMH

    Coughlin is either truly delusional and confused or was caught off guard and pulled the statements in that article out of his ass. The coordinators have a job. Even if they claim none of the blame lies with them, their job titles clearly state otherwise. This is a team which beat the cheating Patriots in a Super Bowl. They have made some personnel changes, but not a damn near total overhaul. While losing Spagnuolo was a major blow, I know the people he worked with had to have learned something.

    Do I wish the Giants a good season. Definitely. Can they take most of the upcoming games? Probably not. The stress points in their play have been clearly exposed and teams are now exploiting each and every one of them to the max and each successive is going to be dealing with a more apathetic opponent, adding to the advantage it already has.

    Hire Strahan for a role. His one on Brothers should be ending shortly, so he will have some free time.



  6. #576
    Elite Member kingcap72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    10 miles from Pootie Tang
    Posts
    21,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    The color is now a bit darker than Iman's and slowly making its way to Beyonce; however, she is forgetting one trivial matter. Her natural colored roots. SMH


    Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    Coughlin is either truly delusional and confused or was caught off guard and pulled the statements in that article out of his ass. The coordinators have a job. Even if they claim none of the blame lies with them, their job titles clearly state otherwise. This is a team which beat the cheating Patriots in a Super Bowl. They have made some personnel changes, but not a damn near total overhaul. While losing Spagnuolo was a major blow, I know the people he worked with had to have learned something.

    Do I wish the Giants a good season. Definitely. Can they take most of the upcoming games? Probably not. The stress points in their play have been clearly exposed and teams are now exploiting each and every one of them to the max and each successive is going to be dealing with a more apathetic opponent, adding to the advantage it already has.

    Hire Strahan for a role. His one on Brothers should be ending shortly, so he will have some free time.
    I think Coughlin's out of touch or just trying to save face. Either way, he looks bad. When your team started out 5-0, and then goes to 6-5 they aren't playing good football. If the Giants are smart they're looking at potential replacements for Coughlin and the rest of the coaching staff.

    A year or two ago the Giants had one of the best defenses in the NFL, now the defense sucks. They miss easy blocks and tackles. And the offense doesn't have much of a run game anymore. The Giants can forget the playoffs, but I'd like to see them salvage something from the season. But they face the Cowboys, Eagles, Redskins, Panthers and Vikings in their last five games. Of those five games, I see them winning against the Redskins.

    I haven't seen Strahan's show yet, but I've seen the commercials. Is it any good?

  7. #577
    Elite Member RevellingInSane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Where Being PC is understood as a fault!
    Posts
    11,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    I think Coughlin's out of touch or just trying to save face. Either way, he looks bad. When your team started out 5-0, and then goes to 6-5 they aren't playing good football. If the Giants are smart they're looking at potential replacements for Coughlin and the rest of the coaching staff.

    A year or two ago the Giants had one of the best defenses in the NFL, now the defense sucks. They miss easy blocks and tackles. And the offense doesn't have much of a run game anymore. The Giants can forget the playoffs, but I'd like to see them salvage something from the season. But they face the Cowboys, Eagles, Redskins, Panthers and Vikings in their last five games. Of those five games, I see them winning against the Redskins.

    I haven't seen Strahan's show yet, but I've seen the commercials. Is it any good?
    Coughlin's out of excuses and trying to save his job. If they were a sorry team, I would be more understanding, but the Giants are solid in their talent and heart. They showed that two years ago. They deserve better and if that means kicking people to the curb, so be it.

    I agree, KC. When I saw that schedule, I thought the Redskins were the only possible win, but they have shown they can play when a team gives them gaping holes to push through.

    I sat down with an open mind and watched...for about 10 minutes then flipped the channel. Typical sitcom based on cliches. Michael's gap was the most amusing part of the cast.



  8. #578
    Elite Member msdeb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    39,425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post

    I haven't seen Strahan's show yet, but I've seen the commercials. Is it any good?
    nope. i tried it once, and he's not bad in it, but the writing? sheesh
    did you know he's engaged to Eddie Murphy's ex, Nicole? getting married June 2010
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

  9. #579
    Elite Member kingcap72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    10 miles from Pootie Tang
    Posts
    21,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    Coughlin's out of excuses and trying to save his job. If they were a sorry team, I would be more understanding, but the Giants are solid in their talent and heart. They showed that two years ago. They deserve better and if that means kicking people to the curb, so be it.

    I agree, KC. When I saw that schedule, I thought the Redskins were the only possible win, but they have shown they can play when a team gives them gaping holes to push through.

    I sat down with an open mind and watched...for about 10 minutes then flipped the channel. Typical sitcom based on cliches. Michael's gap was the most amusing part of the cast.
    Agreed about Coughlin trying to save his job. But you're right, he's out of excuses. The Giants have the talent and heart, but they need someone to coach them. The Cowboys have gone through their issues this season, but then Austin stepped up and he's been a blessing for them. The Giants need more players who are willing to step up. The only one that really looks like he wants to win is Kevin Boss.

    I may have to check out Strahan's show before it gets cancelled.


    Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    nope. i tried it once, and he's not bad in it, but the writing? sheesh
    did you know he's engaged to Eddie Murphy's ex, Nicole? getting married June 2010
    I guess Nicole didn't learn her lesson after Eddie. I wonder how long it'll take for Johnny Gill to move into the guest house.

  10. #580
    Elite Member RevellingInSane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Where Being PC is understood as a fault!
    Posts
    11,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Agreed about Coughlin trying to save his job. But you're right, he's out of excuses. The Giants have the talent and heart, but they need someone to coach them. The Cowboys have gone through their issues this season, but then Austin stepped up and he's been a blessing for them. The Giants need more players who are willing to step up. The only one that really looks like he wants to win is Kevin Boss.

    I may have to check out Strahan's show before it gets cancelled.
    Austin is amazing. The Giants have amazing playmakers already. They had David Tyree, but let him go. I'm not sure what prompted that, but the man showed he can step up when the game is at stake. Manningham, Boss, Jacobs, Umenyiora are all damn good. Strahan was the mouthy, smack-talking fire of the locker room. Hell, KC, offer your talents. All you have to do is talk shit about the other team and pep your team, plus you get free tickets!

    I forget when it comes on, but if you watch the Fox Pre Game show, you will see at least half a dozen shameless plugs for it.

    I guess Nicole didn't learn her lesson after Eddie. I wonder how long it'll take for Johnny Gill to move into the guest house.
    Didn't one of the blog sites have an article about Gill and his new girlfriend or fiance? Eddie was dating Tracy Edmonds, but her ex husband is Babyface, so that didn't mean much. You're slowly convincing me Gill and Murphy are reallyreallyclose friends.



  11. #581
    Elite Member kingcap72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    10 miles from Pootie Tang
    Posts
    21,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    Austin is amazing. The Giants have amazing playmakers already. They had David Tyree, but let him go. I'm not sure what prompted that, but the man showed he can step up when the game is at stake. Manningham, Boss, Jacobs, Umenyiora are all damn good. Strahan was the mouthy, smack-talking fire of the locker room. Hell, KC, offer your talents. All you have to do is talk shit about the other team and pep your team, plus you get free tickets!

    I forget when it comes on, but if you watch the Fox Pre Game show, you will see at least half a dozen shameless plugs for it.
    I think the Giants let Tyree go because of injuries. And I forgot about Osi. He and Boss are probably the two best along with Bradshaw. Manningham has potential, but he keeps dropping passes & Jacobs doesn't have the speed he used to have.

    And with the way the Giants are playing that's the only way I'd go see them. For free.

    Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    Didn't one of the blog sites have an article about Gill and his new girlfriend or fiance? Eddie was dating Tracy Edmonds, but her ex husband is Babyface, so that didn't mean much. You're slowly convincing me Gill and Murphy are reallyreallyclose friends.
    @Eddie was dating Babyface's ex so it didn't mean much. And my, my, my, something tells me you were already convinced that Eddie and Johnny were partying all the time.

  12. #582
    Elite Member RevellingInSane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Where Being PC is understood as a fault!
    Posts
    11,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    I think the Giants let Tyree go because of injuries. And I forgot about Osi. He and Boss are probably the two best along with Bradshaw. Manningham has potential, but he keeps dropping passes & Jacobs doesn't have the speed he used to have.

    And with the way the Giants are playing that's the only way I'd go see them. For free.
    I couldn't even sit through a game for free. Cringing isn't how I like to spend game days.

    I didn't know about Tyree's injuries. I forgot about Bradshaw. Definitely one of the best. Manningham has butterfinger syndrome. He might be able to pull a T.O. and catch enough to mask the drops. Imagine how many TD's T.O. would have if he had not dropped just ten percent of those turf kissers that should have been in his hands. Maybe Manningham picked up T.O.'s ability to see a bad ass defender ready to level his ass and that fright magically repels the ball from his hands.



    @Eddie was dating Babyface's ex so it didn't mean much. And my, my, my, something tells me you were already convinced that Eddie and Johnny were partying all the time.
    Babyface. 'Nuff said. I don't think he is the only one though and I understand why hip-hop and rap artists can never be found out. If I can see it, and we know how well my gaydar has been working lately , I know others saw it long before I did. Start with rap, naming ten random rappers. Odds are you have at least one on that list. I just don't want to break the hearts of ladies who love them.

    Who? Me? Think Eddie and Johhny are more than fairweather friends? Never!

    The pieces have probably been in front of us along, but we just chose not to see them. (Or didn't give a fuck about either of them.) I know I never saw Johnny rubbing Eddie the right way or asking Eddie to wrap his body tight, but your take on the situation was a new edition and gave us something to think about.



  13. #583
    Elite Member RevellingInSane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Where Being PC is understood as a fault!
    Posts
    11,592

    Default

    The Manning mediocrity gene did get into Peyton's DNA. Oh well, it was dormant for damn near a decade.



  14. #584
    Elite Member kingcap72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    10 miles from Pootie Tang
    Posts
    21,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    I couldn't even sit through a game for free. Cringing isn't how I like to spend game days.

    I didn't know about Tyree's injuries. I forgot about Bradshaw. Definitely one of the best. Manningham has butterfinger syndrome. He might be able to pull a T.O. and catch enough to mask the drops. Imagine how many TD's T.O. would have if he had not dropped just ten percent of those turf kissers that should have been in his hands. Maybe Manningham picked up T.O.'s ability to see a bad ass defender ready to level his ass and that fright magically repels the ball from his hands.
    I'd be happy if Manningham caught half as many passes as T.O. caught. It would be a vast improvement. But, then again, Tiki had that case of the dropsies and he managed to fix it. Of course, he had good coaches to work with him. Something Manningham doesn't have. Maybe since Manningham has 'Manning' in his name the mediocrity gene got confused and jumped into him too.


    Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    Babyface. 'Nuff said. I don't think he is the only one though and I understand why hip-hop and rap artists can never be found out. If I can see it, and we know how well my gaydar has been working lately , I know others saw it long before I did. Start with rap, naming ten random rappers. Odds are you have at least one on that list. I just don't want to break the hearts of ladies who love them.

    Who? Me? Think Eddie and Johhny are more than fairweather friends? Never!

    The pieces have probably been in front of us along, but we just chose not to see them. (Or didn't give a fuck about either of them.) I know I never saw Johnny rubbing Eddie the right way or asking Eddie to wrap his body tight, but your take on the situation was a new edition and gave us something to think about.
    It never crossed my mind about Babyface. But you're right about rappers and being gay. Although since most of them have already been locked up they aren't strangers to Oz sex.

    And you knew that Eddie was going raw on his dreamgirl Johnny like a vampire in Brooklyn. Don't act like Shenehneh and them from around the way didn't school you on that.

  15. #585
    Elite Member msdeb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    39,425

    Default

    FINALLY!!!!!! i get to watch some great Football.Well, great if you are a Charger fan. lol

    and wtf is up with the Colts scoring twice within 15 seconds?
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Alessandra Ambrosio - M&Guia Summer 2009/2010
    By jexxica in forum Magazines and Photoshoots
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: August 23rd, 2009, 02:42 AM
  2. Air Car coming to US in 2009/2010
    By tkdgirl in forum News
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: February 27th, 2008, 09:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •