Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009-2010 NFL Season thread--bring your thoughts/bitches and WTF comments here!

two weeks in a row i forgot about the THursday game.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Deb, hopefully, you'll be able to see the Giants/Falcons game this week.

i just checked and we're getting the lovely Redskins/Cowboys game. This so sucks.
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

That does suck.

Great. Antonio Pierce is out indefinitely for the Giants with a bulging disk in his neck.

Bush and Ellis are out against Tampa! The news that Brees' mother's death was a suicide is officially released. *does a Romo and goes to corner to cry*

Indy is facing an angry Baltimore defense. The Cowboys, well, we don't know what we will get with them until we see if good Romo or Inept Goober shows up.

Is there an empty seat at the Sunday depression bar? Can I reserve it just in case?

Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    Bush and Ellis are out against Tampa! The news that Brees' mother's death was a suicide is officially released. *does a Romo and goes to corner to cry*

Indy is facing an angry Baltimore defense. The Cowboys, well, we don't know what we will get with them until we see if good Romo or Inept Goober shows up.

Is there an empty seat at the Sunday depression bar? Can I reserve it just in case?
    Holy shit. I didn't hear about Brees' mom. Wow. I feel for him.

Edit: I thought his mom just died, but it was back in August and he wasn't close to her. But that still sucks.

i just read that the Raiders benched Jamarcus Russell. does this mean that they actually might win a game?
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Holy shit. I didn't hear about Brees' mom. Wow. I feel for him.

Edit: I thought his mom just died, but it was back in August and he wasn't close to her. But that still sucks.
    The official report on her death was just released, but yes, she died, IIRC, just before the first preseason game. Still, it must do something to a kid's mind when that info is released, along with details about their rocky relationship. That sucks and I feel badly for him. From the local gossip, he sounds like a genuinely nice guy. There is only one player on that team I've ever heard through the grapevine had an attitude, but, and I MEAN BIG BUTT here, I won't name names.

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    i just read that the Raiders benched Jamarcus Russell. does this mean that they actually might win a game?
    Look on the bright side, they can't do worse. Why did it take this long? Bobby Boucher time for ole Russell.

The official report on her death was just released, but yes, she died, IIRC, just before the first preseason game. Still, it must do something to a kid's mind when that info is released, along with details about their rocky relationship.

Look on the bright side, they can't do worse. Why did it take this long? Bobby Boucher time for ole Russell.
    Exactly. It's bad enough on it's own, but then to have it played out for the public makes it rougher. I feel for Brees.

Now, if the Raiders would just bench/slap their owner Al Davis they would be set.

Now, if the Raiders would just bench/slap their owner Al Davis they would be set.
    My husband, the die hard Raider fan agrees with me, when i say, its going to take Al Davis dying before the Raiders are any good again.
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Exactly. It's bad enough on it's own, but then to have it played out for the public makes it rougher. I feel for Brees.
    I'm just waiting for a reporter with little ethics, a cold heart, and a flair for the dramatic to ask him about this tomorrow.

I am prepared for a loss across the board tomorrow. Every week I tell myself it could be worse. I could be a fan of some the Raiders, the Bills, the Seahawks, or the Rams. The Bills might rise next season, if the Cowher and Shanahan rumors are true, though.

My husband, the die hard Raider fan agrees with me, when i say, its going to take Al Davis dying before the Raiders are any good again.
    I agree with you and your husband. The Raiders don't have a chance as long as Al Davis is around. Davis has to be the WORST owner in the NFL.

I'm just waiting for a reporter with little ethics, a cold heart, and a flair for the dramatic to ask him about this tomorrow.

I am prepared for a loss across the board tomorrow. Every week I tell myself it could be worse. I could be a fan of some the Raiders, the Bills, the Seahawks, or the Rams. The Bills might rise next season, if the Cowher and Shanahan rumors are true, though.
    You know somebody is just waiting to ask Brees about his mother. And if the Saints were to lose Sunday the first question would be 'So, Brees, do you feel that the news about your mother was a distraction to you?'

And either Cowher or Shanahan need to come to N.Y. and replace Coughlin.

You know somebody is just waiting to ask Brees about his mother. And if the Saints were to lose Sunday the first question would be 'So, Brees, do you feel that the news about your mother was a distraction to you?'

And either Cowher or Shanahan need to come to N.Y. and replace Coughlin.
    Or the other side of the coin is some weasel waiting to ask, if they win,"Was the emotional turmoil motivation to do a good job today?" I assure you, if they were in New Orleans and a reporter did that, that video would go from the highlights to Wildest Police Videos in about five seconds. Just saying.

They are both good coaches, so picking one of them would be difficult. Shanahan has proven his long term patience and talent building skills, while Cowher has proven his ability to take raw talent and refine it quickly. I guess it depends on what the organization is looking for the most.

Oh lordy....

Its Cowboys v Redskins today. GOD I HATE THESE GAMES....except when the Cowboys are super awesome, but clearly that is not the case this year. They always play each other so hard and just fucking hate each other. It's painful sometimes. Beer will be needed.

Thread Information