Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast
Results 496 to 510 of 765

Thread: 2009-2010 NFL Season thread--bring your thoughts/bitches and WTF comments here!

  1. #496
    Elite Member msdeb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    39,431

    Default

    two weeks in a row i forgot about the THursday game.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

  2. #497
    Elite Member kingcap72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    10 miles from Pootie Tang
    Posts
    21,909

    Default

    Deb, hopefully, you'll be able to see the Giants/Falcons game this week.

  3. #498
    Elite Member msdeb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    39,431

    Default

    i just checked and we're getting the lovely Redskins/Cowboys game. This so sucks.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

  4. #499
    Elite Member kingcap72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    10 miles from Pootie Tang
    Posts
    21,909

    Default

    That does suck.

  5. #500
    Elite Member kingcap72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    10 miles from Pootie Tang
    Posts
    21,909

    Default

    Great. Antonio Pierce is out indefinitely for the Giants with a bulging disk in his neck.

  6. #501
    Elite Member RevellingInSane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Where Being PC is understood as a fault!
    Posts
    11,592

    Default

    Bush and Ellis are out against Tampa! The news that Brees' mother's death was a suicide is officially released. *does a Romo and goes to corner to cry*

    Indy is facing an angry Baltimore defense. The Cowboys, well, we don't know what we will get with them until we see if good Romo or Inept Goober shows up.

    Is there an empty seat at the Sunday depression bar? Can I reserve it just in case?



  7. #502
    Elite Member kingcap72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    10 miles from Pootie Tang
    Posts
    21,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    Bush and Ellis are out against Tampa! The news that Brees' mother's death was a suicide is officially released. *does a Romo and goes to corner to cry*

    Indy is facing an angry Baltimore defense. The Cowboys, well, we don't know what we will get with them until we see if good Romo or Inept Goober shows up.

    Is there an empty seat at the Sunday depression bar? Can I reserve it just in case?
    Holy shit. I didn't hear about Brees' mom. Wow. I feel for him.

    Edit: I thought his mom just died, but it was back in August and he wasn't close to her. But that still sucks.

  8. #503
    Elite Member msdeb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    39,431

    Default

    i just read that the Raiders benched Jamarcus Russell. does this mean that they actually might win a game?
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

  9. #504
    Elite Member RevellingInSane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Where Being PC is understood as a fault!
    Posts
    11,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Holy shit. I didn't hear about Brees' mom. Wow. I feel for him.

    Edit: I thought his mom just died, but it was back in August and he wasn't close to her. But that still sucks.
    The official report on her death was just released, but yes, she died, IIRC, just before the first preseason game. Still, it must do something to a kid's mind when that info is released, along with details about their rocky relationship. That sucks and I feel badly for him. From the local gossip, he sounds like a genuinely nice guy. There is only one player on that team I've ever heard through the grapevine had an attitude, but, and I MEAN BIG BUTT here, I won't name names.

    Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    i just read that the Raiders benched Jamarcus Russell. does this mean that they actually might win a game?
    Look on the bright side, they can't do worse. Why did it take this long? Bobby Boucher time for ole Russell.



  10. #505
    Elite Member kingcap72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    10 miles from Pootie Tang
    Posts
    21,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    The official report on her death was just released, but yes, she died, IIRC, just before the first preseason game. Still, it must do something to a kid's mind when that info is released, along with details about their rocky relationship.



    Look on the bright side, they can't do worse. Why did it take this long? Bobby Boucher time for ole Russell.
    Exactly. It's bad enough on it's own, but then to have it played out for the public makes it rougher. I feel for Brees.

    Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    i just read that the Raiders benched Jamarcus Russell. does this mean that they actually might win a game?
    Now, if the Raiders would just bench/slap their owner Al Davis they would be set.

  11. #506
    Elite Member msdeb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    39,431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post



    Now, if the Raiders would just bench/slap their owner Al Davis they would be set.
    My husband, the die hard Raider fan agrees with me, when i say, its going to take Al Davis dying before the Raiders are any good again.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

  12. #507
    Elite Member RevellingInSane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Where Being PC is understood as a fault!
    Posts
    11,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Exactly. It's bad enough on it's own, but then to have it played out for the public makes it rougher. I feel for Brees.
    I'm just waiting for a reporter with little ethics, a cold heart, and a flair for the dramatic to ask him about this tomorrow.

    I am prepared for a loss across the board tomorrow. Every week I tell myself it could be worse. I could be a fan of some the Raiders, the Bills, the Seahawks, or the Rams. The Bills might rise next season, if the Cowher and Shanahan rumors are true, though.



  13. #508
    Elite Member kingcap72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    10 miles from Pootie Tang
    Posts
    21,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    My husband, the die hard Raider fan agrees with me, when i say, its going to take Al Davis dying before the Raiders are any good again.
    I agree with you and your husband. The Raiders don't have a chance as long as Al Davis is around. Davis has to be the WORST owner in the NFL.

    Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    I'm just waiting for a reporter with little ethics, a cold heart, and a flair for the dramatic to ask him about this tomorrow.

    I am prepared for a loss across the board tomorrow. Every week I tell myself it could be worse. I could be a fan of some the Raiders, the Bills, the Seahawks, or the Rams. The Bills might rise next season, if the Cowher and Shanahan rumors are true, though.
    You know somebody is just waiting to ask Brees about his mother. And if the Saints were to lose Sunday the first question would be 'So, Brees, do you feel that the news about your mother was a distraction to you?'

    And either Cowher or Shanahan need to come to N.Y. and replace Coughlin.

  14. #509
    Elite Member RevellingInSane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Where Being PC is understood as a fault!
    Posts
    11,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    You know somebody is just waiting to ask Brees about his mother. And if the Saints were to lose Sunday the first question would be 'So, Brees, do you feel that the news about your mother was a distraction to you?'

    And either Cowher or Shanahan need to come to N.Y. and replace Coughlin.
    Or the other side of the coin is some weasel waiting to ask, if they win,"Was the emotional turmoil motivation to do a good job today?" I assure you, if they were in New Orleans and a reporter did that, that video would go from the highlights to Wildest Police Videos in about five seconds. Just saying.

    They are both good coaches, so picking one of them would be difficult. Shanahan has proven his long term patience and talent building skills, while Cowher has proven his ability to take raw talent and refine it quickly. I guess it depends on what the organization is looking for the most.



  15. #510
    Elite Member LynnieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    34,693

    Default

    Oh lordy....

    Its Cowboys v Redskins today. GOD I HATE THESE GAMES....except when the Cowboys are super awesome, but clearly that is not the case this year. They always play each other so hard and just fucking hate each other. It's painful sometimes. Beer will be needed.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Alessandra Ambrosio - M&Guia Summer 2009/2010
    By jexxica in forum Magazines and Photoshoots
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: August 23rd, 2009, 02:42 AM
  2. Air Car coming to US in 2009/2010
    By tkdgirl in forum News
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: February 27th, 2008, 09:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •