Page 32 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009-2010 NFL Season thread--bring your thoughts/bitches and WTF comments here!

I am shocked SHOCKED at how well the Browns are doing.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Mangini better pack his bags.

Does anyone else find John Gruden to be an incoherent, repetitive pain in the ass? I want to him to go back to coaching next year so I don't have to suffer through his commentary anymore. The other two guys are bland and boring, but he is much more intolerable.

That had to be the WORST game I've seen in years. The next time I bitch about Eli I'll just remember to be thankful that he isn't Brady Quinn.

Sorry to the Browns fans.

Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post

Does anyone else find John Gruden to be an incoherent, repetitive pain in the ass? I want to him to go back to coaching next year so I don't have to suffer through his commentary anymore. The other two guys are bland and boring, but he is much more intolerable.
    Yes. Gruden is better on the field than he is playing commentator.

I've been hearing rumors that Larry Johnson's going to the Bengals....

Not fair! I call for a mistrial due to discovery issues.

I am going to take a short break from my regularly scheduled snarkgramming. First, congrats to you on finding yourself. It must be difficult, but much happiness onward. /end break

*shrugs* Honestly? Peyton pings my gaydar at the bi level. He always has. Eli rings my gooberdar. Archie rings my QB faildar.
    Mistrial. NOOO!!!

*short break: Thanks. It was an interesting journey. end break*

Not sure about Peyton or Brady, but it wouldn't shock me. Romo is probably gay. Eli has had some gay rumors, but I don't think he is. He's just goofy.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Mistrial. NOOO!!!

*short break: Thanks. It was an interesting journey. end break*

Not sure about Peyton or Brady, but it wouldn't shock me. Romo is probably gay. Eli has had some gay rumors, but I don't think he is. He's just goofy.
    Yea! *pumps fist* Better luck next time counselor. (Way too much NCIS, L&O, and Criminal Minds over the years )

I bet it was an interesting journey. I just entered my 30s and can finally say I understand why so many before me told me the only certainty in life is change. Change, and the ability to do so, is healthy. Gotta keep the mind open.

Romo pings it, too. Chestica has long been linked with guys who are rumored to be gay or bi, so her possible beard reputation doesn't help any guy she is with. I could list a few NFL players who ping my gaydar, but it doesn't matter to me. They got game and that is what matters. Besides, and I am sure this will offend many hard core Republicans, but you know I don't care, I think all people are innately bisexual and those who identify as hetero or homo just have stronger attraction to one gender or another. Eli doesn't ping my gaydar in the least. He's just unique. That is as PC as I can be.

Yea! *pumps fist* Better luck next time counselor. (Way too much NCIS, L&O, and Criminal Minds over the years )

I bet it was an interesting journey. I just entered my 30s and can finally say I understand why so many before me told me the only certainty in life is change. Change, and the ability to do so, is healthy. Gotta keep the mind open.

Romo pings it, too. Chestica has long been linked with guys who are rumored to be gay or bi, so her possible beard reputation doesn't help any guy she is with. I could list a few NFL players who ping my gaydar, but it doesn't matter to me. They got game and that is what matters. Besides, and I am sure this will offend many hard core Republicans, but you know I don't care, I think all people are innately bisexual and those who identify as hetero or homo just have stronger attraction to one gender or another. Eli doesn't ping my gaydar in the least. He's just unique. That is as PC as I can be.
    I'll appeal the decision. I will not allow this travesty of justice to go unanswered.

Yeah, it was interesting. From my teens through my 30's I told myself that since I was sexually attracted to both that I was just bi. But external circumstances in my life gave me a lot of time to examine every area of my life. Since every facet of my life is in flux now, it was just time to face the facts. And I agree with your assessment on sexuality.

Now, back to football. What did you think of that Browns/Ravens game?

I'll appeal the decision. I will not allow this travesty of justice to go unanswered.

Yeah, it was interesting. From my teens through my 30's I told myself that since I was sexually attracted to both that I was just bi. But external circumstances in my life gave me a lot of time to examine every area of my life. Since every facet of my life is in flux now, it was just time to face the facts. And I agree with your assessment on sexuality.

Now, back to football. What did you think of that Browns/Ravens game?
    Appeal denied. If you appeal again, I will have you thrown in jail for contempt on some trumped charge.

You call that a game? *looks over shoulders for any stray Browns fans* What I saw was dead morale. That team has talent, regardless of what the cough commentators cough like Gruden say. This team has taken a mental beatdown and does not give a damn anymore. I don't blame them.

Who fires a GM midseason? How the hell can a team not have enough defenders on the field? Switching starting QB's isn't going to make a difference if both QBs are mediocre at best. These aren't just mistakes and issues. These are the repercussions or an organization filled with disillusioned, angry, depressed workers who are fed the hell up and just getting a paycheck or hoping another team sees their talent and snatches them out of hell. This organization could bring in Bill Parcells as GM and Sean Payton and Jimmy Johnson as co-coaches and I wouldn't expect to see them win a quarter of the games.

Before I get bashed for the QB statement, let me clarify. Yes, right now the QBs are mediocre; HOWEVER until they are seen in action when they are protected for more than a tenth of a second, we can not gauge how effective they could be if the people around them did their jobs properly. I can tell you now, any team which allows RAY LEWIS to run through untouched is going to lose. This man steamrolls big guys like they are ants. So leave no one in front of him? Bad idea. You know what Brees, Peyton, and Brady have in common? Damn good O-lines. Sure, they are talented, but no QB is going to be good on his back.

As a lifelong Saints supporter, yea yea joke if you want to, I can honestly say that regardless of how bad they have been in the past, the players tried in every damn game. The coaches sucked, Ditka included, and the talent was never balanced, but the players at least had heart. That's why their fans supported them each and every season.

I feel for the Browns fans who spend their money supporting a team which doesn't even support itself. Until the morale is rebuilt, it doesn't matter who is brought in. They need at least two people brought in to run this organization. One who has a business background and one who has a football background.

Appeal denied. If you appeal again, I will have you thrown in jail for contempt on some trumped charge.

You call that a game? *looks over shoulders for any stray Browns fans* What I saw was dead morale. That team has talent, regardless of what the cough commentators cough like Gruden say. This team has taken a mental beatdown and does not give a damn anymore. I don't blame them.

Who fires a GM midseason? How the hell can a team not have enough defenders on the field? Switching starting QB's isn't going to make a difference if both QBs are mediocre at best. These aren't just mistakes and issues. These are the repercussions or an organization filled with disillusioned, angry, depressed workers who are fed the hell up and just getting a paycheck or hoping another team sees their talent and snatches them out of hell. This organization could bring in Bill Parcells as GM and Sean Payton and Jimmy Johnson as co-coaches and I wouldn't expect to see them win a quarter of the games.

Before I get bashed for the QB statement, let me clarify. Yes, right now the QBs are mediocre; HOWEVER until they are seen in action when they are protected for more than a tenth of a second, we can not gauge how effective they could be if the people around them did their jobs properly. I can tell you now, any team which allows RAY LEWIS to run through untouched is going to lose. This man steamrolls big guys like they are ants. So leave no one in front of him? Bad idea. You know what Brees, Peyton, and Brady have in common? Damn good O-lines. Sure, they are talented, but no QB is going to be good on his back.

As a lifelong Saints supporter, yea yea joke if you want to, I can honestly say that regardless of how bad they have been in the past, the players tried in every damn game. The coaches sucked, Ditka included, and the talent was never balanced, but the players at least had heart. That's why their fans supported them each and every season.

I feel for the Browns fans who spend their money supporting a team which doesn't even support itself. Until the morale is rebuilt, it doesn't matter who is brought in. They need at least two people brought in to run this organization. One who has a business background and one who has a football background.
    Oh, that sounds like a challenge. *Files another appeal and laughs at RIS' threat.*

I have to agree with everything you said about the Browns and the other QBs. Having a good O-line and defense makes all the difference. I couldn't believe that the Ravens were able to rush Quinn and sack him with only three guys. I was like, what the hell? At this point, the Browns need to just limp through the rest of the season and rebuild from the ground up in the off-season. In addition, to hiring people who have business & football knowledge, they need to jettison the dead weight players and coaches. And they may need a new QB.

I feel for the fans of any team who have to watch their team completely implode year after year. As a lifelong Giants fan, we've definitely had those seasons, and we're currently in the middle of one of those seasons. But I'm just going to hope that the Giants can turn it around, and in the offseason they get a new coach, who actually gives a damn, and dump the deadweight players.

Oh, that sounds like a challenge. *Files another appeal and laughs at RIS' threat.*

I have to agree with everything you said about the Browns and the other QBs. Having a good O-line and defense makes all the difference. I couldn't believe that the Ravens were able to rush Quinn and sack him with only three guys. I was like, what the hell? At this point, the Browns need to just limp through the rest of the season and rebuild from the ground up in the off-season. In addition, to hiring people who have business & football knowledge, they need to jettison the dead weight players and coaches. And they may need a new QB.

I feel for the fans of any team who have to watch their team completely implode year after year. As a lifelong Giants fan, we've definitely had those seasons, and we're currently in the middle of one of those seasons. But I'm just going to hope that the Giants can turn it around, and in the offseason they get a new coach, who actually gives a damn, and dump the deadweight players.
    *clink* I warned you. Now sit there and think about messing with MY law and my realm! Charge? Eh, I'll scribble something down later. Gonna file another one? Hmm?

I agree with your observations. The whole team has to be rebuilt. You know the owners do not want to do that because it means money.

The O-line let them through because they didn't care. Everyone is pissed at Quinn. I wouldn't want to be him in the locker room. It isn't his fault alone, but he is going to bear the brunt.

Maybe it is time for Coughlin to go. There are just some old coaches who can't roll with the changes. Gruden is a perfect example. He loves to come onto teams with established talent bases, but he doesn't want to deal with the headache created by acquiring talent or training rookie talent. Coughlin doesn't seem to be able to move forward and expand what he has. He wants to win with the old playbook. Won't happen. Even the fans know it.

So, what is your opinion of TO whining (SURPRISE!) on the sidelines? Were Bruschi and Harrison out of line for ranting about their old coach and his decision? Did the referee's not give the Pats a good spot? (I think they did, but hey, even if the refs were wrong, the Pats cheated others, karma happens.) Will Michael Vick be in the NFL next year? Will he be an Eagle? A Raider? *snickers* Should Westbrook retire for health reasons after two concussions in quick succession?

*clink* I warned you. Now sit there and think about messing with MY law and my realm! Charge? Eh, I'll scribble something down later. Gonna file another one? Hmm?

I agree with your observations. The whole team has to be rebuilt. You know the owners do not want to do that because it means money.

The O-line let them through because they didn't care. Everyone is pissed at Quinn. I wouldn't want to be him in the locker room. It isn't his fault alone, but he is going to bear the brunt.

Maybe it is time for Coughlin to go. There are just some old coaches who can't roll with the changes. Gruden is a perfect example. He loves to come onto teams with established talent bases, but he doesn't want to deal with the headache created by acquiring talent or training rookie talent. Coughlin doesn't seem to be able to move forward and expand what he has. He wants to win with the old playbook. Won't happen. Even the fans know it.

So, what is your opinion of TO whining (SURPRISE!) on the sidelines? Were Bruschi and Harrison out of line for ranting about their old coach and his decision? Did the referee's not give the Pats a good spot? (I think they did, but hey, even if the refs were wrong, the Pats cheated others, karma happens.) Will Michael Vick be in the NFL next year? Will he be an Eagle? A Raider? *snickers* Should Westbrook retire for health reasons after two concussions in quick succession?
    Well, we're about to see the new trial of century, and I'm gonna beat those trumped up charges. You ain't keepin' a brutha down. Fight the power.

I don't blame them for hating Quinn. But Quinn got in an illegal hit on one of the Ravens players and they let it slide.

As for Coughlin, he just looks like he doesn't care anymore. You can see it in his face. Even when he throws out a challenge flag it's like 'oh yeah, I guess I'll throw the flag out.'

As for T.O., he needs to stop whining because Buffalo is probably his last stop on the NFL train. He isn't the player he once was, and teams are tired of him being a cancer in the locker rooms.

I think Bruschi and Harrison had every right to bash Belicheat's stupidity. Hey, he's not their coach anymore, so he can't do anything to them. The Pats had a good spot and Belicheat just blew it. And, yes, the Pats are seeing their karma come back to them in spades. It's beautiful.

Vick will still be in the NFL next year. And he'll probably still be with the Eagles. And Westbrook should retire just on general principle.

Well, we're about to see the new trial of century, and I'm gonna beat those trumped up charges. You ain't keepin' a brutha down. Fight the power.

I don't blame them for hating Quinn. But Quinn got in an illegal hit on one of the Ravens players and they let it slide.

As for Coughlin, he just looks like he doesn't care anymore. You can see it in his face. Even when he throws out a challenge flag it's like 'oh yeah, I guess I'll throw the flag out.'

As for T.O., he needs to stop whining because Buffalo is probably his last stop on the NFL train. He isn't the player he once was, and teams are tired of him being a cancer in the locker rooms.

I think Bruschi and Harrison had every right to bash Belicheat's stupidity. Hey, he's not their coach anymore, so he can't do anything to them. The Pats had a good spot and Belicheat just blew it. And, yes, the Pats are seeing their karma come back to them in spades. It's beautiful.

Vick will still be in the NFL next year. And he'll probably still be with the Eagles. And Westbrook should retire just on general principle.
    Please! Who knows how to keep a brotha in check better than a sista? You really want to mess with a sista who needs some coffee and is sneering and raising and eyebrow. I know you know better. Bring it!

TO on DWTS in 5...4... YAY! He is not only a cancer in the locker room, he is an overall bad influece and representative for the NFL. Spoiled bitchy brat.

I was dying laughing when Harrison and Bruschi went off. Everyone is talking now and the Pats empire seems to be cracking. Remember that little morale issue we discussed earlier? Imagine your defense being scorned. Ima grab some beer and popcorn and watch the crumbling.

Vick is already complaining. He should be thankful his ass has a job in the NFL. He and TO need therapy and good bitch slap. When the Saints played in Philly, we were worried about the safety of the mascot, who happens to be a Saint Bernard. Luckily, Vick was not allowed near him.

Westbrook has been hurt seriously every season. Look, homey, take the money and run.

Please! Who knows how to keep a brotha in check better than a sista? You really want to mess with a sista who needs some coffee and is sneering and raising and eyebrow. I know you know better. Bring it!

TO on DWTS in 5...4... YAY! He is not only a cancer in the locker room, he is an overall bad influece and representative for the NFL. Spoiled bitchy brat.

I was dying laughing when Harrison and Bruschi went off. Everyone is talking now and the Pats empire seems to be cracking. Remember that little morale issue we discussed earlier? Imagine your defense being scorned. Ima grab some beer and popcorn and watch the crumbling.

Vick is already complaining. He should be thankful his ass has a job in the NFL. He and TO need therapy and good bitch slap. When the Saints played in Philly, we were worried about the safety of the mascot, who happens to be a Saint Bernard. Luckily, Vick was not allowed near him.

Westbrook has been hurt seriously every season. Look, homey, take the money and run.
    Sistas always tryin' to keep the bruthas down. Dang. But it's all good. A high-priced team of lawyers will take care of that. You betcha.

True about T.O. He's on his last legs. I wouldn't be shocked if he tries another suicide attempt.

As far as Belicheat goes, there are some sports writers who are trying to defend him because he's Bill Belicheck. Who cares who he is? He made a bad call that cost his team the game, and he should get ripped like any other coach would. But some of these writers are still kissing his ass for some reason. And I'll take some of that beer and popcorn and watch the collapse of the dynasty.

And Vick should just shut up and be happy that he's tossing footballs in the NFL instead of salads behind bars.

As for Westbrook, he should retire if he keeps getting hurt. Take the money he's earned and just sit down. But as a Giants fan, I want any good Eagles player to retire or leave the team.

Sistas always tryin' to keep the bruthas down. Dang. But it's all good. A high-priced team of lawyers will take care of that. You betcha.
    Sarah Palin.

You trusting some lawyers? Dang, time to speak their language. *arranges for "donations" * Don't worry, I'll put you in a nice block. On the real, I don't try to keep anyone down. The intelligent humans are pushing progression and the ignorant humans provide joke fodder. Win-win.

True about T.O. He's on his last legs. I wouldn't be shocked if he tries another suicide attempt.
    I don't even have to point out how wrong that is, do I? I almost stopped myself from laughing. You will leave two glasses of water on his night stand, won't you?

As far as Belicheat goes, there are some sports writers who are trying to defend him because he's Bill Belicheck. Who cares who he is? He made a bad call that cost his team the game, and he should get ripped like any other coach would. But some of these writers are still kissing his ass for some reason. And I'll take some of that beer and popcorn and watch the collapse of the dynasty.
    Brady and Belibub have the most kissed asses in football. They aren't the greatest ever. Hell, we are just now getting to see what they are really about when they don't have assistance. Some people are also ignoring the fact that the Patriots are just not producing as high as they did in Brady's last full season. What a coinkydink that was the last season they got away with cheating. Excuses were made for Brady the first several weeks of the season when his playing wasn't meeting expectations. He was injured blah blah blah. He has to get back in the swing of things. All players do. It's called training camp. Next. Guess those tapes really did help them out.

And Vick should just shut up and be happy that he's tossing footballs in the NFL instead of salads behind bars.
    So wrong. Borderline evil!

50 Cent may disagree with you on that, KC.

As for Westbrook, he should retire if he keeps getting hurt. Take the money he's earned and just sit down. But as a Giants fan, I want any good Eagles player to retire or leave the team.
    I was waiting for you to 'fess up. You would love to see Westbrook, Celek, Jackson, and McNabb all wave bye-bye. You refilled again. Straight hatin'. If Campbell or Russell showed up as starting QB next season, you would take a full page ad in the Times announcing your elation.

Lady, just because they are "your team" doesn't mean no one can say something nice for the opposition's fans. MM is a Brown's fan and they all need good wishes and positive energy since the coaches and players aren't doing much.

And every team has a chance in every game. Some just have extremely slim chances. Ask the Eagles, the Broncos, and the Packers about going into games that are "guaranteed" wins.
    That's sweet, but no, when your quarterback ratings are somewhere under 10, there is little chance of a first down let alone a victory.

By the by, I thought the line of the night was when they were commenting on throwback jerseys and said that the Ravens throwback jerseys would be brown and orange.

I don't know who to root for in this game with the Ravens/Browns.
    Browns, need all the karma we can get. I'm not sure that offense could beat a mid-range high school team. The fact that Quinn can't throw the ball more than 5 yards without throwing it 20 yds out of bounds may hamper his professional prospects. Dude sucks, but so does Anderson.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    I am shocked SHOCKED at how well the Browns are doing.
    Just wait...

It cannot possibly be the coach anymore, although I don't think they've tried one with a pulse yet.

I thought Gruden/Jaws interplay was about the only interesting thing about that pitiful display.

So has everyone set his and her alarms to watch the Futility Bowl this Sunday? Lions/Browns baybee, bring it!!
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Thread Information