Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009-2010 NFL Season thread--bring your thoughts/bitches and WTF comments here!

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    Vikings: Man....since Culpepper, well....they can use the talent. AND hey, they got it now. But will it all gel??

What?!?!? lol

Not that Culpepper wasn't a great player,...but I don't think he was the driving force that would have made or broken the team. Didn't he end up at the Lions? I am not sure how that happened. I also saw that Wade was traded to the Chiefs I believe.

The Vikings have ALL kinds of talent on the team,...and that is not including Favre. Adrian Peterson, Jared Allen, Chad Greenway, Percy Harvin, Bernad Barrian, Sidney Rice, Ryan Longwell, Antoine Winfield, Pat Williams, Kevin Williams, Chester Taylor,....just to name a few of the returning players. We also have several newer guys that have great potential and are really stepping up and showing it.

I think the Viks could have done just as well with either Tarvaris Jackson or Sage Rosenfels as quarterback this year. It is a very talented and strong team. And I really wish we were doing this well WITHOUT Favre. I don't want to hear BF taking any credit for it,......it is a joint effort on the whole team that will make or break them. Not just one person. But that is just my take on it.
    Last edited by JadeStar70; October 6th, 2009 at 03:59 PM.

Raiders @ Giants sunday. if this game isn't shown here in San Diego, i swear i'll hunt someone down.

hubs a Raider fan. there will TONS of trash talking in this house.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    What?!?!? lol

The Vikings have ALL kinds of talent on the team,...and that is not including Favre. Adrian Peterson, Jared Allen, Chad Greenway, Percy Harvin, Bernad Barrian, Sidney Rice, Ryan Longwell, Antoine Winfield, Pat Williams, Kevin Williams, Chester Taylor,....just to name a few of the returning players. We also have several newer guys that have great potential and are really stepping up and showing it.

I think the Viks could have done just as well with either Tarvaris Jackson or Sage Rosenfels as quarterback this year. It is a very talented and strong team. And I really wish we were doing this well WITHOUT Favre. I don't want to hear BF taking any credit for it,......it is a joint effort on the whole team that will make or break them. Not just one person.

Ok, calm down there girl! Maybe I didn't phrase it right...clearly its a team sport, with a lot of talent all around. We can say that about every single club.

They're a fairly good team, but I wouldn't buy my tickets for the Superbowl just yet. Any team can beat any other team, on any given Sunday. Favre had a GREAT game, far better than I thought he would honestly. And the Defense played an awesome game too--you are correct that all the credit shouldn't go to Favre. Absolutely right. It's hard to NOT focus on him, given the obvious situation, playing his old team/emotions running high/MNF, etc.

It will be interesting to see how the rest of the season plays out.

I admire your spirit though!

In house rivalries are always fun. Good luck to your teams! I will be rooting for the Giants in that one.

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    Raiders @ Giants sunday. if this game isn't shown here in San Diego, i swear i'll hunt someone down.

hubs a Raider fan. there will TONS of trash talking in this house.

Tell your hubby that this Chiefs fan said the Raiders can kiss my red & white ass. I don't care that the Chiefs haven't won a game since November, I ain't scurred.

FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

i will gladly pass that message along. i'm a lifelong Raider Hater.
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

As much as I like the fact that the Giants are 4-0, I expect them to get their first loss somewhere between now and week 7. Since they play the Raiders, the Saints and the Cardinals, I just hope that loss doesn't come against the Raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    As much as I like the fact that the Giants are 4-0, I expect them to get their first loss somewhere between now and week 7. Since they play the Raiders, the Saints and the Cardinals, I just hope that loss doesn't come against the Raiders.
    yup same here. I'll never hear the end of it, if the Raiders beat the Giants.
    King did you see Eli has had Plantar Fasciiatis?
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

For this week only, I will be an Eli fan. I will wait until next week to call him a pussy.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

yup same here. I'll never hear the end of it, if the Raiders beat the Giants.
    Yeah. Some fans on the Giants board are acting like he broke his leg. From all reports, he should still be able to play. But if he does, it's probably going to impact some of his plays. Just the thought of Carr starting makes me sick to my stomach.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    For this week only, I will be an Eli fan. I will wait until next week to call him a pussy.

If the Giants win, Greys will be like: "Eli's pussy ass finally did something right and he beat the Raiders."

If the Giants lose, Greys will be like: "I knew Eli's pussy ass would fuck it up. Goofy motherfucker."

Yes, its a win-win situation for me. Finally something right in this crappy football season.

I thought i heard on the news, that his foot problem has been an issue for weeks, and the only reason they disclosed it, was because they didnt want to get fined by the NFL. dunno.
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I didn't hear about the weeks part. But since he started hobbling and left the game on Sunday I don't think it could've been an issue for weeks. But who knows?

NY Giants' Eli Manning hoping to play against Raiders following plantar fasciitis diagnosis | New York Giants - - NJ.com

The Giants confirmed Manning has been suffering from plantar fasciitis, a painful condition that involves irritation of the thick tissue on the bottom of the foot. He then injured the ligament on Sunday.

it looks like he had the injury before. maybe i didnt hear the right thing about the fine. I run the channels in the morning, so who knows what i really heard.
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Its not an injury, its a chronic thing.

Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread Information