Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2009-10 Super Bowl

I knew Abe was still kicking. Up until Conan left the Late Night show he used Abe in skits all the time!! I actually felt bad that I wouldn't be seeing him anymore since Conan was moving to New York.

Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    did anyone else think Tom Benson would either drop or hit someone with the trophy lol
    We were totally laughing about that. You could see him muttering something to all of the players. I'm sure he was telling them all to get the hell out of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    I was shocked to see Abe was still alive. The Betty White commercial was funny. I also loved the commercial with Beyonce where she starts to sing and the mechanical hand YANKED her ass off the screen. By far, my favorite commercial.
    I didn't see that one. What was it for? I'll have to google.

Did anyone see the Tebow ad? I read one aired during the pregame (missed it) and another aired during the game (missed that one too).

Tebow ad was so lame. I didn't even know what it was until I saw him pop on screen.

I was shocked to see Abe was still alive. The Betty White commercial was funny. I also loved the commercial with Beyonce where she starts to sing and the mechanical hand YANKED her ass off the screen. By far, my favorite commercial.

Shit, I missed it! I saw her lame ass and changed the channel; looking at her just makes me ill.

After Betty White, my fav commercial ws the little boy telling the dude to keep his hands of his mama and his Doritos.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

My sister reports fireworks after each touchdown (sounding like cannon fire) then, after the bIg win-WWII!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post

I didn't see that one. What was it for? I'll have to google.

Did anyone see the Tebow ad? I read one aired during the pregame (missed it) and another aired during the game (missed that one too).
    She did a commerical for Vizio. All I remember was she popped up on the screen, I said 'aw fuck' and then a giant hand yanked her away, and she wasn't seen again.

And I missed Tebow's fundie commercial. Since he didn't lose anything, I guess he wasn't crying in it.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Shit, I missed it! I saw her lame ass and changed the channel; looking at her just makes me ill.

After Betty White, my fav commercial ws the little boy telling the dude to keep his hands of his mama and his Doritos.
    Same here. Especially since she just won a truckload of undeserved Grammys.

Yay! for the Saints!!! New Orleans needed this. Very pleased for them.

Plus Indy is a 'competitor/rival' city for Columbus, so sorry Indy, you can suck it. (just kidding, like Indy too.) But New Orleans needed this more. I hope they celebrate this for many many days. I too would have loved to be on Bourbon street.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

^^ My thoughts exactly Soj. There are lots of Hawkeye connections on the Colts but I couldn't bring myself to root against Brees and NO.

Default Peyton Manning storms off Super Bowl field. Is he a poor sport?

Peyton Manning storms off Super Bowl field. Is he a poor sport? - Shutdown Corner - NFL Blog - Yahoo! Sports

Peyton Manning(notes) didn't shake hands with New Orleans Saints players after his Indianapolis Colts lost 31-17 in Super Bowl XLIV. Apparently some think this is a sign of poor sportsmanship from the NFL's greatest player. It's not.
    Walking off the field without congratulating Drew Brees(notes) may go against our misguided notion of what sportsmanship should be, but it wasn't at all disrespectful or bitter. It shows how much Peyton Manning wanted to win the game. And who can argue about that?
    LeBron James was caught up in a similar controversy during the NBA playoffs last year and the same thing that was true then is true now: A perfunctory handshake doesn't make someone a good sport. It either makes them indifferent to the game's result or a good actor. What would people have preferred Peyton and LeBron do, laugh off the loss with apathy and treat the victors to dinner after? This isn't Little League.
    The only time I question my sports fandom is when the players I'm rooting for seem to care less about the result than I do. I don't want to see my team's quarterback laughing on the sideline while losing a big game. If I care so much, why shouldn't the players?
    "It's just a job for these guys," is a familiar refrain. The natural response to that is the great ones make their job their passion. Hall of Fames don't tend to include guys who can't care. The desire to win is what sustains greatness. You think Michael Jordan was hugging Isiah Thomas after losses in the 1980s? Or that Larry Bird stayed on the court to congratulate Kareem? Ted Williams and Joe DiMaggio weren't going out for drinks after the Yankees beat the Red Sox. The great ones are competitors and competitors can't flip a switch immediately after a devastating loss and act like it didn't matter.
    Being a good sportsman is playing fair, respecting the game and giving credit after to an opponent. Manning did all those things Sunday. In his postgame press conference he said of his quick exit:
    "I certainly know how it was three years ago when we won. There's not much consolation for the guys who didn't win. There's the stage being set up and the celebration. It's time for the Saints to celebrate. It's their field."
    That's probably a tad disingenuous, but no more than it would have been if Peyton had walked over to congratulate Drew Brees.
    For the record, Peyton did call Brees later in the night. Said the Saints quarterback: "Peyton's a class guy." If the man who was supposedly snubbed thinks so, that's enough for me.

I don't blame Peyton. That had to hurt & he probably wanted to cry.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Peyton was in the wrong, and I was rooting for the Colts. Just because you lost that doesn't mean you shouldn't shake Brees' hand and congratulate him. I have no doubt that if the Colts had won Brees would've shaken Peyton's hand and congratulated him.

Peyton should remember how this moment felt.

My sister will be attending the Saints parade tomorrow. We shall have a bird's eye view!

Peyton was in the wrong, and I was rooting for the Colts. Just because you lost that doesn't mean you shouldn't shake Brees' hand and congratulate him. I have no doubt that if the Colts had won Brees would've shaken Peyton's hand and congratulated him.

Peyton should remember how this moment felt.

I agree. I can't believe the writer is making up lame excuses for this egregious act, very similar to how some were defending lebron last year. "Competitive?"

WTF? What does being "competitive" have to do with sportsmanship? Michael Jordan always took the time to shake his opponent's hands, even with those who beat his team in bitter matches.

Seems like they always give excuses for sports superstars and their egos to act anyway they want.

I told ya, those Mannings are assholes, as well as being potato heads.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I'm no fan of Peyton (or Eli) but I think he's being sincere. He should have found Brees to congratulate him but his post game comments were more sportsman like than most.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information