Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2009-10 Super Bowl

I heard that on the radio this morning,...about the NFL doing the copy rights on the phrase. It's like wtf??? How can they do that?

BIG GAME!!

Fucking retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    I heard that on the radio this morning,...about the NFL doing the copy rights on the phrase. It's like wtf??? How can they do that?
    One word. Greed.

The radio station I listen to in the mornings refuses to go along. Any time they mention the game, it's the "Super Bowl!", "Saints!", "Colts!". They don't care. It's goddamn stupid.

Take this for what it's worth. Madden NFL predicts a Saints win.

Saints Win Super Bowl, says Madden NFL
    Madden NFL popped into headlines today, predicting a sunny Super Bowl win for the New Orleans Saints, and eight months of winter for the Indianapolis Colts.
    Every year, Electronic Arts runs a Super Bowl simulation within their video game, Madden NFL. And five out of the last six years, the game's results have predicted the Super Bowl winner correctly. The simulation's only miss was the Giants' Super Bowl XLII victory over the Patriots, and even Nostradamus couldn't have seen that one coming.
    This year, Madden NFL predicts a close Saints victory, with a final score of 35 - 31 over the Colts. According to the game, Drew Brees will be named the MVP after passing for 299 yards and three touchdowns. Reggie Bush will account for two more touchdowns, one rushing, and one on a punt return.
    On the other side of the football, Colts' QB Peyton Manning will throw for 322 yards and three touchdowns in a great-but-not-good-enough performance.
    But before Saints fans start celebrating and Colts fans call for a new coach, it's important to note that the Madden simulation only takes into account the perceived skill levels of each player on the field. Intangibles such as nerves and inexperience are not reflected. And according to this G4 video of the simulation, neither is Dwight Freeney's questionable ankle, as the Colts' defensive superstar can clearly be seen running and jumping down the tunnel at the head of his team before the game.
    But whether he plays in the real Super Bowl or not, Madden NFL sees the Colts limping home on Sunday, and all of New Orleans jumping for joy.
    An impressive Super Bowl predictor

Don't believe all that nonsense about that Who Dat! controversy. That woman at Fleurty Girl received a Cease and Desist letter because her shirt had a copyrighted logo of Sir Saint on it. It also coincidentally had Who Dat on it . She was told specifically that it was for the NFL logo Sir Saint. The NFL could care less about the phrase Who Dat. That woman made a big stink to get free publicity and she got it. When the news cameras came around she held up a different shirt than the one she was cited for....one without copyrighted logos. I know of this because I know the agent who gave her the Cease and Desist letter. Anywho...Geaux Saints!!!

My Sister & BIL went out to dinner in New Orleans last night. They walked into a nice restaurant where the entire place was wearing black & gold. Shouts of Who Dat were answered back & forth. Waves were done. Drinks were served fast & furious. A good time was had by all! Strangers became bosom buddies. She also reports all the supermarkets-even the ones open on Christmas Day-are closing at 4 so their staff can enjoy the game. Say what you will about N.O., they know how to have a damn good time!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

We traveled to Miami for the Orange Bowl this year. There were 35K Iowa fans in black and gold from head to toe. Georgia Tech fans maybe wore a hat with their logo on it. Nothing more. When I walked into the Pro Shop at Landshark Stadium (a crap hole BTW, can't believe the SB is being played there), the workers all told us the same thing...."You all are almost as crazy as Saints fans. And they're all nuts!" LOL. Good for them. Normally I'd root for the Colts but it's really hard not to like the Saints, particularly Drew Brees.

I have NO dog in this fight at all (being a college football fan [ROLL TIDE!!]) only, but just for the hell of it, I'll root for the Saints. They are Southern...

I'll root for the Saints. I really would like to see a close game. Blowouts are such a bore to watch.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    My Sister & BIL went out to dinner in New Orleans last night. They walked into a nice restaurant where the entire place was wearing black & gold. Shouts of Who Dat were answered back & forth. Waves were done. Drinks were served fast & furious. A good time was had by all! Strangers became bosom buddies. She also reports all the supermarkets-even the ones open on Christmas Day-are closing at 4 so their staff can enjoy the game. Say what you will about N.O., they know how to have a damn good time!
    I love that story! How awesome is that?? I also heard that all schools in NO are closed tomorrow--win or lose. What a great spirit they have and it must be off the wall fun there right now! And of course during Mardi Gras!

Really hoping for a NO win. Loves me some Dwight Freeney of the Colts, but not sure he's playing (good for the Saints!), but I mean, it's time for New Orleans to win this. It just is.

The Who was awesome. That is all.

Great game. I was rooting for the Colts, but the Saints earned that win. Congrats New Orleans.

I was wondering when Peyton was going to throw an interception, and he threw one at the worse possible time.

Eeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So happy for New Orleans. Man, I wish I was on Bourban Street right now.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

The city is going nuts!! We are so happy right now. There are people on every corner shouting and waving at everyone passing by...HELL YEAH!!! We won dammit!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information