Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 2009-10 NFL playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    WOO HOO!!! Way to go VIKINGS!!!! It will be a great game next week. You called it last October, King! Saints and Vikings play for the SuperBowl.

I loved seeing Jerry Jones pacing and all pissed off on the sideline. Take your 'boys and go home, Jerry!!

Anyone see Brett in the locker room after the game? He was singing Pants on the Ground, and smacking Jared Allen's ass. They were all pumped.
    Well deserved! And a hell of a game they played! I was like WTF every 3 seconds during the game, and not in a good way (Dallas related). A fantastic win for the Vikings and Favre! Can't say anything bad at all about them. They outplayed the Cowboys on every level. It's just that simple.

YETTTTT......my JETS WON!!! SEE????? Please refer to my earlier post that the Jets would lose, the since all my picks were clearly fucking wrong I was like hey, WTF? could the Jets win?? YESSSSSSSSSS
    Hoping for a Jets v Saints Superbowl personally.

NFC: Saints
    AFC: Jets.

Lets get it going kids!!! YEA!!

*mopes and cries for a bit about loss*

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    San Diego brags that they got the better of the deal with Rivers. LOL, i dont think so. Especially today.
    I wonder how long they can keep bragging about Rivers, when he keeps choking every year?

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    I wonder how long they can keep bragging about Rivers, when he keeps choking every year?
    San Diego is so hard up for a sports star, they'll hang on to him until the next one comes along. Trust me LOL
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I am sulking.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

*Will not take the promised revenge against McJag for laughing when the Giants lost to the Broncos*

San Diego is so hard up for a sports star, they'll hang on to him until the next one comes along. Trust me LOL
    They've got Little LT to cling to.
    Last edited by kingcap72; January 17th, 2010 at 08:53 PM. Reason: correct team name

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    They've got Little LT to cling to.
    not this year. He seems to have been knocked down a few pegs. Before it was Saint LT blah blah. I hope they really do trade him this year.
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

not this year. He seems to have been knocked down a few pegs. Before it was Saint LT blah blah. I hope they really do trade him this year.
    So, I guess Rivers is all they have. Ouch.

I was happy the Jets won, as Danny Woodhead came from the state college in my little itty bitty home town in Nebraska. Plus I can't stand Chargers fans around here.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

So i'm hoping it will be an Indy/New Orleans superbowl.
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

Is it me or are the kickers just choking this playoff season!

Geesh.. you have one job!

Default Video: Vikings throw late TD in blowout, Brooking goes after Favre

Video: Vikings throw late TD in blowout, Brooking goes after Favre
    Did the Minnesota Vikings run up the score on the Dallas Cowboys in Sunday's NFC divisional playoff? Keith Brooking(notes) thinks so. A late Brett Favre(notes) touchdown pass infuriated the Dallas linebacker, who charged over to the Vikings' sideline to voice his displeasure. And in his postgame press conference he didn't back down.
    The Vikings had held a comfortable 27-3 lead since the early part of the fourth quarter. Dallas looked completely deflated after going down 24 points and the team's subsequent play did nothing to dispel that notion. On the Cowboys' next two possessions the team went four-and-out, gaining a mere 14 yards on eight plays.
    After the second turnover on downs, Minnesota took over on Dallas' 37-yard line. With 5:26 remaining and the Vikes holding a nearly insurmountable lead, runs to milk the clock were expected. But after an Adrian Peterson run on first down, Favre hit Bernard Berrian(notes) for 19 yards on the next play. Two Peterson runs followed, before Favre threw a short three-yard pass to bring up fourth-and-three after the two minute warning.
    Here, the Vikes had four choices: 1. They could take a knee and give Dallas the ball back for the game's final two minutes; 2. Wave a partial white flag and run the ball up the middle; 3. Kick a field goal (which also could have been percevied as running up the score); 4. Drop Favre back to attempt a pass.
    Minnesota went with option No. 4 and Favre hit tight end Visanthe Shiancoe(notes) for an 11-yard touchdown. This choice did not go over well with Brooking. The Cowboys' linebacker, presumably upset because he felt Minnesota was running up the score, stormed over to the Vikings sideline and exchanged words with coaches and players, including Favre. He had yet to calm down after the game:
    "I thought it was totally classless and disrespectful. This is the NFL, that's not what this is about. I don't think there's a place for that ... I was looking for [Vikings coach Brad] Childress. I didn't think it was right, but they've got to see us next year."
    Brooking needs to relax and listen to his own words.
    He's right. This is the NFL, not high school or college. The Dallas Cowboys don't get sympathy. Throwing that pass may not have been the greatest sportsmanship, but it also wasn't an affront to decency. If Brooking didn't want Minnesota to score then maybe he and his 10 teammates on the field should have done something about it.
    Just because the Cowboys quit doesn't mean the Vikings needed to also.

WTH happened to Kaeding? He's a total money kicker. Hell, I even won money off of him when he played at Iowa. Some dude behind me didn't think he'd hit a 50+ yarder at Wisconsin (of course he did).

Next week it's Jets/Indy. Not sure who to root for frankly. Again with Hawkeye ties it's Dallas Clark and Shawn Greene...it's like picking your favorite child! LOL.

An awful side of me wants to see Farve go down. Plus, I really like Drew Brees for some strange reason. So I guess I'm hoping for NO/Jets in the Super Bowl.

Why are they bitching about the last touchdown in the Vikings/Cowboys game? They beat them by 31 points, just like the Saints beat the Cards by 31 points the day before. What is the big deal? Both teams came to play and win, that is the purpose of the game. Since when do you back off and give the other team a chance to comeback? Dallas would have thrown for that last touchdown if the roles were reversed,...no question. And rightly so,...this is the playoffs and you come to win.

I don't understand how Brooking can accuse the Vikings of being classless when what he did was childish and petulant. The Vikings couldn't have run up the score if the DALLAS DEFENSE had stopped them. Brooking was pissed at the wrong team and the wrong side of the ball.

^^^ I agree.

Terry Bradshaw was complaining about that last touchdown after the Minn/Dallas game, too. I just didn't quite understand that,...especially when no one complained about the Saints beating the Cardinals the day before, with the same amount of points for the win.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread Information