Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: 2009-10 NFL playoffs

Holy Smokes we are going to the SUPER BOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Geaux Saints!!!

Boy, did the Saints ever luck out! but i knew they would win it in OT.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Great day of football. I wanted an Indy/Vikings Super Bowl, but as long as the Jets didn't get in I'm happy. Indy scared me for a while during the second quarter. But the look on Sanchez's face after his interception was beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    Boy, did the Saints ever luck out! but i knew they would win it in OT.
    I knew they would win in OT the second Favre tried to get cute at the end of the 4th quarter and threw an interception. The second consecutive NFC title game that Favre lost because of an interception. Maybe this time he'll retire and make it stick.

Sorry about the Vikings, Jade. And Congrats to the Saints fans.

Lots of mistakes out there,..not all Farve's fault. (and I hate the guy)

Greenway did make a play, his helmet hit the ball, and the Saints didn't not have control. But it stands as the ref's called it. He still made big effort and it should have went the Vikings way. But it is sour grapes now.

AWESOME all around effort by the Vikings. No one was on our bandwagon when the season started, but we lasted longer than the others. My only gripe is on the defensive line that could have stopped some plays. My daughters fav, Jared Allen,..didn't play up to his potential in my opnion.

I also wanted to shoot Joe Buck in the eyeballs. He so obviously favored the Saints. Asshole is supposed to be impartial. i so hate him.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Agreed about Joe Buck. He never hides which team he's rooting for when he announces. That's why I hate him.

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    Lots of mistakes out there,..not all Farve's fault. (and I hate the guy)

Greenway did make a play, his helmet hit the ball, and the Saints didn't not have control. But it stands as the ref's called it. He still made big effort and it should have went the Vikings way. But it is sour grapes now.

AWESOME all around effort by the Vikings. No one was on our bandwagon when the season started, but we lasted longer than the others. My only gripe is on the defensive line that could have stopped some plays. My daughters fav, Jared Allen,..didn't play up to his potential in my opnion.
    True, it wasn't all Favre's fault. Most of the Vikings players couldn't hold a pass if you taped it to their hands. But when it came down to the wire Favre's interception was the final nail in the coffin for the Vikings.

How many TOs did they wind up with? I think the Vikes had 7 at the end of the game. How many did NO wind up with? What a crazy ass game.

I lost count of the Vikings TOs. Although the TO that Bush had which was immediately followed by Favre's TO was hysterical. It was like a comedy of errors.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Agreed about Joe Buck. He never hides which team he's rooting for when he announces. That's why I hate him.

True, it wasn't all Favre's fault. Most of the Vikings players couldn't hold a pass if you taped it to their hands. But when it came down to the wire Favre's interception was the final nail in the coffin for the Vikings.

I hate Joe Buck and Troy Aikman,...so I was complaining the whole night on the comentary. Someone please tell me what Joe Buck's tie in to football is,....I don't remember him playing. He is just annoying to me.

Adrian does have trouble holding the ball. He can be a beast in one play, and fuck it up the next. I am still proud of them. If a few calls had went their way,..I would be celebrating. A win isn't always due to skill,...the calls play in to a big majority of it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    I hate Joe Buck and Troy Aikman,...so I was complaining the whole night on the comentary. Someone please tell me what Joe Buck's tie in to football is,....I don't remember him playing. He is just annoying to me.

Adrian does have trouble holding the ball. He can be a beast in one play, and fuck it up the next. I am still proud of them. If a few calls had went their way,..I would be celebrating. A win isn't always due to skill,...the calls play in to a big majority of it as well.
    Joe Buck works for FoxSports, so he gets to call their games, football and baseball. He got on my nerves during the MLB Playoffs and World Series since he was rooting against my Yankees and he roots against my Giants, too.

And you should definitely be proud of the Vikings, Jade. They made mistakes, but they played their hearts out. The fact that Favre was hurt and still kept the Vikings in the game is something. And Peterson definitely made up for his fumbles with the TDs. The game definitely lived up to the hype.

Now a bit more sober and calm:

1. Neither team played exceptionally well. I love the Saints, but if they think they can play as they did tonight against the Colts and not be ripped to shreds by Manning, they are delusional. They better step it up or prepare to be humiliated and exploited by one of the greatest QB's ever.

2. While I have supported Brett, with a lot of people explaining why I shouldn't, after tonight, I have a great respect for his never say die attitude, but, I also think his body and age are two factors which he can not downplay anymore. It is time to go, before the injuries go beyond changing just a game. I can hear the laughter from GB all the way down here.

3. Fox needs to do some rebuilding within their broadcast team. Menefee is incredibly boring, Buck is worthless, and Aikman has to be one of the most hateful bastards ever. Getting him to applaud any player, especially a QB, for skill instantly changes his demeanor. I began to despise him several years ago when Romo broke one of the Dallas franchise records Aikman had set and he went completely bitchy on national TV. He hasn't changed since. Ditch the bitch. (On a totally shallow note, I am expecting to not even recognize Howie next season. I will just look for the male Jocelyne Wildenstein and it will be him.)

The Jets and Vikings both played their hearts out today and deserve recognition and props for that. Vikings, I would be looking for a QB this off season and please work one on one with Peterson so his drop tendency will decrease.

Yay Saints!!!! Finally a Superbowl I will look forward to. And there's no need for all the Saints hate just because they beat the Vikings!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Saints baby!

Will be rooting for the Saints because I hate that whiny cry baby Peyton Manning. Though I do love Dwight Freeney...just cannot root for the Colts.

Hopefully it will be a good Superbowl.

Elite Member

Should be a good Superbowl this year. I, of course, want the Colts to win.

I haven't seen any Saints hate,....hell,.....I even posted my congrats to them!

I thought Farve signed a 2 year deal with the Vikings last summer. 25 million,...12 the first year and 13 the second. Time will tell I guess.

I am rooting for the Colts in the Superbowl, too!! Go Peyton!

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread Information