Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree118Likes

Thread: Lance Armstrong may lose all his medals for doping

Question Lance Armstrong may lose all his medals for doping

Lance Armstrong faces new doping charges brought against him by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency.

Armstrong, who retired from competitive cycling in 2011, confirmed on Twitter on Wednesday that he was informed of the charges in a letter sent by USADA.

His seven Tour de France titles could also be in jeopardy, the Washington Post first reported in a story published Wednesday on its website. The newspaper obtained a copy of a letter sent to Armstrong on Tuesday that says blood samples collected in 2009 and 2010 were "fully consistent with blood manipulation including EPO use and/or blood transfusions."

The cyclist has strongly denied doping accusations throughout his career. He has never tested positive.

He is now banned from competing in triathlons as a result of the USADA charges, ThePost reported. The letter alleges that Armstrong and five others associated with his cycling team were involved in a doping program that included the use of blood transfusions and performance enhancing drugs, the report said.

Armstrong said in his statement that USADA "intends to again dredge up discredited allegations dating back more than 16 years."

The statement continued: "I have never doped, and, unlike many of my accusers, I have competed as an endurance athlete for 25 years with no spike in performance, passed more than 500 drug tests and never failed one."

The U.S. Anti-Doping Agency is the body in charge of drug testing for Olympic sports. It does not have the power to file criminal charges.

In a statement, USADA CEO Travis Tygart confirmed the letter of anti-doping rule violations was sent to Armstrong, three team doctors and two team officials. "USADA only initiates matters supported by the evidence," the statement said. "Our duty … is to fairly and thoroughly evaluate all the evidence available and when there is credible evidence of doping, take action under the established rules."

In the letter to Armstrong dated June 12, USADA states that numerous riders, team personnel and others will testify based on observing Armstrong allegedly take performance enhancing drugs or through his admissions of doping to them. USADA alleges that he used EPO, blood transfusions, testosterone and cortisone from before 1998 through 2005 and that he used EPO, testosterone and human growth hormone through 1996.

USADA's letter states that riders who competed with Armstrong on the U.S. Postal Service and Discovery Channels teams from 1998-2007 have said that team director Johann Bruyneel, team trainer Jose Pepe Marti and Dr. Michele Ferrari, a consultant to the team, developed training plans based on EPO use. In the letter, USADA says it has eyewitness statements of Ferrari, Dr. Luis Garcia del Moral and Dr. Pedro Celaya injecting riders with EPO.

Armstrong has been investigated for alleged doping in recent years. In February, federal prosecutors dropped a two-year investigation of Armstrong, looking at whether he and his teammates participated in a doping program while he was riding for the U.S. Postal Service team. He won the Tour de France from 1999 to 2005.

In the federal investigation, a grand jury in Los Angeles heard evidence from Armstrong's former teammates and associates. When prosecutors announced they were closing the case, they did not disclose a reason for the decision.

Lance Armstrong faces new doping charges
    But hey.. LIVESTRONG® and buy my shit
    nancydrew likes this.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Here we go again...
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

cycling = doping

it is as dirty as horse racing.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

A*O

Cycling is probably the most doped up sport on the planet and always has been. No reason to be shocked that the guy who won 7 Tours de France had some pharma assistance. They should let these hairless, infertile morons take whatever they want so it's down to who can afford the best doctors and drugs.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Please, he already lost one of his balls from doping, can this really be worse?
    Seapharris7 likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

A*O

Apart from cancer, a very high proportion of cyclists fire blanks due prolonged periods of crushed/sweaty balls.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

God, I hate this asshole and I hope that they can finally prove that he used doping. It's no coincidence that a bunch of riders from his team tested positive once they left his team and their doctors.

about damn time.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Apart from cancer, a very high proportion of cyclists fire blanks due prolonged periods of crushed/sweaty balls.
    Schweddy balls?
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

I just wanted to share that I have no comments on this topic.
    McJag likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Default Lance Armstrong ends fight against doping charges

Armstrong Drops Fight Against Doping Charges

Christophe Ena/Associated Press
    Lance Armstrong before the start of the third stage of the Tour de France in Wanze, Belgium, in 2010.

By JULIET MACUR

After more than a decade of outrunning accusations that he had doped during his celebrated cycling career, Lance Armstrong, one of the best-known and accomplished athletes in recent history, surrendered on Thursday, etching a dark mark on his legacy by ending his fight against charges that he used performance-enhancing drugs.

Armstrong, who won the Tour de France an unprecedented seven straight times, said Thursday that he would not continue to fight the charges levied against him by the United States Anti-Doping Agency, which contended that he doped and was one of the ringleaders of systematic doping on his Tour-winning teams.
    “There comes a point in every man’s life when he has to say, ‘Enough is enough,’ ” Armstrong said in a statement.
    “The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for our foundation and on me leads me to where I am today — finished with this nonsense.”
    His decision means he will almost certainly be stripped of his seven Tour titles, the bronze medal he won at the 2000 Olympics and all other titles, awards and money he won from August 1998 on.
    It also means he will be barred for life from competing, coaching or having any official role with any Olympic sport or other sport that follows the World Anti-Doping Code.
    Such an implosion of an athletic career has been common in cycling in recent years, as doping has crippled the sport. Several recent Tour de France champions have been found guilty of doping, including Floyd Landis and the two-time winner Alberto Contador. But none of them had the stature of Armstrong.
    Although it is likely that the International Cycling Union, the world’s governing body for cycling, will appeal his suspension to the Court of Arbitration for Sport, Armstrong’s choice to accept his sanction tarnishes the athletic achievements of an athlete who inspired millions with his story of cancer survival.
    Armstrong, a brash Texan who turns 41 next month, was already a world-champion cyclist when he was found to have testicular cancer in 1996, at 25. He had a razor-thin chance of survival, but pushed ahead to beat the disease.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/24/sp...ce-titles.html

Can they also ban him from all media ? him and his annoying followers make we want to resort to violence - and I fully believe his is guilty of all the charges he has been accused of
    Lalique likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by choozen1ne View Post
    Can they also ban him from all media ? him and his annoying followers make we want to resort to violence - and I fully believe his is guilty of all the charges he has been accused of
    Not to excuse Armstrong, but before we ban him from the media, let's ban the Kardashians. At least, I can figure out what Armstrong was famous for. Tell me what Kim, Kourtney, Kris, Khloe, Kolostomee, and Tito Kardashian are famous for.

Holy crap, he was guilty?! Poor Robin Williams is gonna be heartbroken. Robin might also owe the French an apology for that "toad sucker" comment
    Seapharris7 likes this.
    Who was the first person to say, "See that chicken there? I'm gonna eat the next thing that comes outta its bum"?

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Not to excuse Armstrong, but before we ban him from the media, let's ban the Kardashians. At least, I can figure out what Armstrong was famous for. Tell me what Kim, Kourtney, Kris, Khloe, Kolostomee, and Tito Kardashian are famous for.
    I would prefer to ban the Kardashian from the planet
    Last edited by choozen1ne; August 23rd, 2012 at 11:19 PM.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information