Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tati

Thread: Baseball final forfeited because of girl at second base

Default Baseball final forfeited because of girl at second base

The Arizona Charter Athletic Association state championship baseball game wasn't played Thursday night because Mesa Prep's second baseman is a girl.
    Paige Sultzbach, a freshman, is playing baseball because her high school doesn't offer girls softball. But the school Mesa Prep was to face in the final, Our Lady of Sorrows Academy, said its boys would not compete against a team with a girl and forfeited the game - and the state title - to Mesa Prep.
    "As a Catholic school, we promote the ideal of forming and educating boys and girls separately during the adolescent years, especially in physical education,” Our Lady of Sorrows said in a statement, according to CNN affiliated KTVK

“It takes tremendous moral courage to stand by what it is you believe, and they are doing what they think is right,” Mesa Prep Headmaster Robert Wagner told KTVK.
    But Sultzbach's mother, Pamela Sultzbach, said her daughter and the Mesa Prep team were being done a disservice.
    "This is not a contact sport. It shouldn't be an issue. It wasn't that they were afraid they were going to hurt or injure her, it's that (they believe) that a girl's place is not on a field," Pamela Sultzbach told the Arizona Republic
    "I respect their views, but it's a bit out of the 18th century," Amy Arnold, Mesa Prep's athletic director, told the Republic.
    Mesa Prep and Our Lady of Sorrows played twice during the regular season, but Sultzbach sat out, as they were away games for her team.
    “It was on their field, and I felt the need to respect their rules,” she told KTVK.
    The final would have been on a neutral field, and Sultzbach wanted to play.
    Now, despite being hailed as state champions, Mesa Prep will feel like they've missed something, Pamela Sultzbach said.
    "This team has worked so hard," she said
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Fucking stupid ass neanderthals.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Afraid they're gonna lose to a girl. What a bunch of catches on that team.

Girl: "Easiest win I ever had! Let's drink, bitches!"
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Bronze Member

Now this is something else Our Lady of Sorrows has to weep about.

Elite Member

I bet the boys on the Our Lady of Sorrows team were pissed off at their school for what they did. What a load of bullshit, and way to demonstrate your fear of the vagina.

paraphrasing - Important to separate the sexes ESPECIALLY in PHYSICAL EDUCATION.

If your school is not co-ed I would expect it's about academic reasons. Not ESPECIALLY Phys ED - good lawdy!

I wonder what the towns think? and the kids from Our Lady of Sorrows - I wonder if THEY made the decision or if the administrators did. How can you live in this century and think like that?

I was half listening to this on the news this morning and I believe they said the girl offered to not play in the finals but HER teammates said no - they wanted her to play. Good for those boys!!!

What a fucking joke.
    TrixieBelden likes this.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

They were respectful enough to sit her out when they played on their field, so why couldn't these assholes be respectful of others when they played on their field? Bunch of assholes.
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

Thread Information