Thread: Norwegian swimming world champion Alexander Dale Oen has died at a training camp, AZ

Default Norwegian swimming world champion Alexander Dale Oen has died at a training camp, AZ

Swim star dead at 26

Olympic silver medallist suffers suspected cardiac arrest

Last Updated: May 1, 2012 1:58pm

Alexander Dale Oen: won the 100m breast stroke at the World Championships in Shanghai last July

Norwegian swimming world champion Alexander Dale Oen has died at a training camp in Flagstaff, Arizona at the age of 26. Norwegian swimming federation president Per Rune Eknes announced that Dale Oen died after apparently suffering a cardiac arrest.
    The federation said in a statement that the 100 metre breast stroke world champion was found collapsed on the floor of his bathroom on Monday. He was taken to the Flagstaff Medical Center.
    Hospital spokeswoman Starla Collins confirmed the death, but did not provide further details.
    The Norwegian team coach Petter Lovberg told VG Nett - Forsiden - VG Nett "We are all in shock, this is an out-of-body experience for the whole team over here.
    "Our thoughts go out to his family who have lost Alexander too early. Words cannot describe the grief they must feel.
    "For us here in Flagstaff it is important now that we stand together and take care of each other. It is an unreal situation and we have some tough days ahead."
    Dale Oen won the 100m breast stroke at the World Championships in Shanghai last July and took silver at the 2008 Beijing Olympics. He was one of Norway's top medal hopes for the London Games.
    Swim star dead at 26 | Latest News | London 2012 | Sky Sports Olympics
    Free Charmed.

So sad.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

This is so sad. What's with all these athletes dropping dead at 25/26?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

26 and cardiac arrest? How awful, that's way too young to die.

Far too young. I just don't get it either. RIP

Lots of fit young people die every week from heart problems they didn't know about. It's a horrible thing. Poor guy.

Thread Information