Thread: Ronaldo Arrested on Rape Suspicion

Default Ronaldo Arrested on Rape Suspicion

LONDON (AFP) - Manchester United footballer Cristiano Ronaldo has been arrested on suspicion of rape.

The 20-year-old Portuguese international went voluntarily to a police station in London to speak to police investigating an allegation made by a woman, the Press Association reported Wednesday.

She claims she was seriously sexually assaulted in a penthouse suite at the Sanderson Hotel in central London on October 2.

The star is expected to emphatically deny any wrongdoing.

A spokesman for Manchester United said the club was not releasing a statement about Ronaldo's arrest. Director of communications Phil Townsend said: "We're not commenting at the moment."

Scotland Yard released a statement saying two men attended an appointment at a police station "in connection with an investigation following allegations of serious sexual assault at a central London hotel on Sunday October 2".

The police said the first man, in his 20s, was arrested on suspicion of rape and was being interviewed in custody at an unnamed police station.

The second man, in his 30s, was not arrested.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20051019...o_051019155211

Two women have alleged he and another man took them back to a penthouse suite in the Sanderson Hotel in London on October 2 after they met at a nightspot. The attack is alleged to have happened in the hotel.

Ronaldo was arrested by officers from Scotland Yard's Operation Sapphire team, which investigates sex crime, and who travelled up to Manchester to speak to him.

A second man in his 30s, who is said to have been with him on the night, also kept an appointment at the police station but was not arrested.

Ronaldo has told friends he is the victim of a "stitch-up".

http://icharrow.icnetwork.co.uk/news...name_page.html

[thumb]http://cristiano-ronaldo.org/cris-images/cristiano-ronaldo-new-photos/from-fans-003.jpg[/thumb][thumb]http://cristiano-ronaldo.org/cris-images/cristiano-ronaldo-new-photos/from-fans-020.jpg[/thumb]

i never know whether to think that the girl(s) are lying gold-diggers or if the athletes are so egotistical they think they can get away with it.

on a side note soccer players as a whole seem to have alot of rape accustations...

Damn that sounds like an episode of Footballer's Wives.

I never know whether to believe them either, I remember a while back there were three women who claimed they'd been raped, but then all evidence suggested otherwise, I think they turned out to be prostitutes, or maybe I'm remembering that wrong?

i'd LET him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenaj View Post
    I never know whether to believe them either, I remember a while back there were three women who claimed they'd been raped, but then all evidence suggested otherwise, I think they turned out to be prostitutes, or maybe I'm remembering that wrong?
    I think the most messed up one I heard was Scotty Anderson (NFL)

Well a 22-year-old Detroit stripper name Nicole Milburn was charged the other day for falsely accusing Anderson of raping her.
    What happened was that Anderson brought Nicole Milburn , the woman who accused him of rape and two of friend of hers back to his place after a night of drinking. Anderson shortly after had consensual sex with one of her friends.
    This is where the evil starts. Sometime after Anderson would spend himself inside of her friend, and toss the condom on the floor Nicole Milburn would sneak in while her friend distracted Anderson, pick up his discarded, used condoms put his cum inside her.
    The reason she did this was to either hopefully get herself pregnant and have a child support claim against him or as it turned out after he caught her stealing money from him, use the semen as evidence to support a rape claim.Yeah. Fucked up isn't it?
    Wayne County Prosecutor Michael Duggan told reporters that the two other women who accompanied Milburn to Anderson 's house have confirmed that she told them about her scheme with the used condoms before hand.
    However it all fell apart because before Milburn was able to leave Anderson and his cousin spotted his three used condoms in Milburn's back pocket along with money that she had taken from him.
    Then after further investigation they found money she had stolen from them in her car and even some stolen money stuffed into her hair. An argument ensued after they demanded the money back, and that is when " Ms. Milburn ran out into the hallway of the building, screaming rape ,'' Wayne County Prosecutor Michael Duggan said. `` This is disturbing from so many perspectives ,'' Duggan said. `` We are seeing more and more people's reputations being tarnished with false felony reports. This also hurts every woman who is raped and goes through that trauma because it causes other women to pause and wonder whether they're going to be believed when they see somebody who is caught being a liar. ''
    Although what he said is all true, Wayne County Prosecutor Michael Duggan missed one of the most glaring problems I see with this whole situation. Nicole Milburn initially hoped that she would get pregnant and be able to sue Anderson for child support .
    The rape accusation was just something to fall back on in case she didn't get pregnant.

http://66.218.69.11/search/cache?p=a...icp=1&.intl=us

Thread Information