Thread: Jose Canseco's ex girlfriend gets restraining order against him

Default Jose Canseco's ex girlfriend gets restraining order against him

Yuck.

Jose Canseco's ex-girlfriend Leila Shennib had to get a restraining order against him after she alleged that he threatened and harassed her over Twitter and Facebook.

She explains:

"I broke up with him six months ago and hes been harassing me and threatening me ever since. One day hes proposing to me and sending me flowers and teddy bears, and the next day hes slamming me on Twitter, putting my phone number up there and saying hurtful things.

I just cant take his torture anymore. Hes so manipulative. I really did love him, so all of this is hard for me."

She's also asked that her mother is protected under the order and that he stayes away from her home, car and workplace.

Jose denies the charges. A court hearing has been scheduled for August 11 to determine whether or not a permanent order should be granted.

Yikes. Super scary. If he's really behaving this way, we're just thankful you got out, honey.

Celebrity gossip juicy celebrity rumors Hollywood gossip blog from Perez Hilton

Ok, I know its from Perez, but I *HAD* to post this. There are a few posters here that will understand this.

omg Lynnie, did you see his last twitter post? i included you in it just in case you missed it.

@JoseCanseco

Roses r red violets r blue my x is a pot head and so is her boo
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I posted this for you my darling!! Thank you for sharing that Tweet--hadn't seen it!

I fucking love Twitter and all the mayhem it brings...to idiots like Jose. Its the BEST!

Roid raging jackass.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

he's a dickhead, but he's so stupid on Twitter, you gotta love him.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Former Bash Brother Jose Canseco is no major league Romeo, according to his ex-girlfriend.

Leila Shennib, a bikini and fitness model who dated Canseco within the last year, filed a temporary restraining order against him in Los Angeles Superior Court on July 27, after Canseco began posting derogatory tweets about her on his Twitter account. Shennib told the Daily News Monday that Canseco's harassment of her is extensive, and goes beyond the Twitter messages.

"There's a lot," she said.

Judge John H. Sandoz scheduled a hearing on the restraining order for Thursday. Shennib said she did not know if Canseco would appear in court.

But Shennib's attorney, Alexander Petale, told The News that if Canseco doesn't appear, they may pursue a "defamation action" against him.

"Mr. Canseco has to learn to conform his conduct, and he has to learn to respect the privacy of my client," said Petale. "If he doesn't learn, the law will teach him. The temporary restraining order protects my client's personal safety."

Petale said the alleged harassment has been ongoing since April, although Canseco proposed marriage to Shennib in a June 9 tweet. Things between the two seem to have gone sour shortly after, with Shennib posting a June 15 tweet that read, "Feels good to be single."

In a more recent post, Canseco implies that Shennib is a drug user and a "man eater," while adding that he detests women who try to attach themselves to famous people for money or fame.

The 47-year-old Canseco is currently managing and playing for the Yuma (Ariz.) Scorpions baseball team of the North American League. Canseco did not return a call and L.A.-based attorney Andrew Kirsh said he no longer represents him. Canseco was on the government's potential witness list in Roger Clemens' perjury trial last month.

Jose Canseco has temporary restraining order filed against him by ex-girlfriend, model Leila Shennib

Thread Information