Thread: astros

Default astros

for the love of god don't make this season your most dissappointing.
    win tonight dammit.
    WIN!
    please?

just hope they dont "choke" as my husband puts it.
    amazing what happened the other night

i left my friends house to go up to the bar right after the astros hit the homerun and got up by two. by the time i got to the bar i overheard the bouncer say "how did the stros lose this one?"
    i was in a daze for about 15 minutes.
    they do this every year. i can't believe i thought this year was going to be different. gah, gotta keep my spirits up for one more game

I told my husband I thought the Cardinals would swipe it. Im glad I was somewhat wrong but I dont think it was anything the Astros did. When you are in the zone and know you are going to hit a homerun you got to do it. Berkman did it and Pujols just did what he had to do for his team. It was a huge shocker, my husband and I were sitting on the couch when it happened and we looked at each other with our mouths open and I said "Holy shit". My husband didnt say a word for almost 30 minutes, nothing. I thought he was going to burst a vein. He took the dog for a walk and then let it all out. You know Lidge is just feeling so much like shit.
    Your right gotta keep those spirits up and who knows we could win it.
    I am amazed at how the city will treat their teams when they are not winning. I mean I come from a state where we didnt have any pro teams but it just floors me how "fans" will talk trash and whatever team it is, they will ripe them apart and they may have lost only 2 or 3 games. Now I have to say for the Texans its somewhat embarrassing. But then I havent been a fan since day one. We are into the Astros, Aeros and Rockets. Our first date was at a Aeros game and Ive been hooked ever since then and that was 5 yrs this April.

i love the aeros. you cannot talk shit about a hockey team ever.
    the texans suck.
    but i've been a fan of the astros for 16 years and its just gotten too dissappointing to keep rooting for them.

my brother was at sherlocks on west gray and he said he hasn't ever heard that many curse words yelled at once
    how long has your husband been a fan?

SVZ

hockey players a hot.

periooooood.

For the Astros all his life. He was a huge Oilers fan, knew the "fight" song and he now roots for Tennesse due to the fact they will always be Oilers in his eyes.
    For the Aeros, well he has been going to the games since 1998. We havent been to a Aeros game since they were at the Summit/Compaq center. I know its been toooooo long. We plan on going this season. We use to sit in section 102 or 104 and sometimes right behind the goalie. Loved that spot the best. We once tried why up in the nosebleed sections, big mistake. Im not so keen on heights and I got so dizzy up there and had a time getting down the steps. It was so steep. YUCK
    When we would go to a game we always stopped at Prince's, those were some really good times. I miss Prince's.
    I remember when they won the championship, we went up to Bush and welcomed them home and then attended the ceremony later that night. It was so much fun.
    Last edited by SammysMom; October 20th, 2005 at 01:46 AM.

YEAH the Astros did it !!!

WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!! world series baby!!!

Thread Information