Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Michael Vick: 'I would love to get another dog in the future'

Cool Michael Vick: 'I would love to get another dog in the future'

Michael Vick: 'I would love to get another dog in the future' - Shutdown Corner - NFL* - Yahoo! Sports

Michael Vick wants another dog. He told
    this to NBC News in an interview set to air Wednesday:

"I would love to get another dog in the future. I think it would be a big step for me in the rehabilitation process.

"I think just to have a pet in my household and to show people that I genuinely care, and my love and my passion for animals; I think it would be outstanding. If I ever have the opportunity again I will never take it for granted. I miss having a dog right now. I wish I could. My daughters miss having one, and that's the hardest thing: telling them that we can't have one because of my actions."

Too soon, Michael. Too soon.

I don't think Vick would harm a dog if he got one. In time, it might make sense for him to own a dog. Then he can show people he's changed and pose with it on magazine covers and go on Oprah cradling it in his arms. There's a time for that. But it isn't now.

It's still all too fresh. Vick has thus far done a wonderful job of speaking out against dogfighting in a way that seems genuine. Without much media fanfare, he speaks to youth groups without a court order making him or cameras following him. You get the impression it's not being done for attention.

But his past is still his past, and much of the public hasn't forgotten about it. Vick's play this year has gone a long way to making the dogfighting a distant memory. His bringing it up changes all of that.

The people who have never cared about his off-field transgressions won't care what Vick said. However, there are plenty of people who cautiously root for Vick, cheering him because of his athletic abilities but still feeling a little apprehensive about rooting on a man who systematically murdered animals and went to jail for it. Those folks were on the verge of coming around on him. If they ignored it enough and didn't have to be reminded of Vick's Bad Newz Kennels, they could cheer him on with a clear conscience. Out of sight, out of mind. Vick just brought it back in sight.

Against my better judgment and years of proof to the contrary, I believe Vick has changed. This interview doesn't alter that opinion, but it makes me wonder how much the quarterback is letting all the fawning over him these past three months go to his head. He thinks he deserves a dog. He thinks that serving jail time and being sorry means he should get one. It doesn't. Not yet, anyway. (Not that he'd be allowed to. Vick is under a court order not to own any pets. He doesn't know when, if ever, that will be lifted. "It's up to my judge at his discretion.")

Vick doesn't have "love and passion" for dogs. No matter what you think about him or the fairness of his jail sentence or how he was treated or how great he is on the field, what Vick did was disgusting. He didn't love animals, and if he showed any passion toward them, it was rage, not ardor.

You were doing so well, Michael. The dogfighting memories were getting smaller and smaller in the rearview mirror and you've been becoming more renowned for your greatness rather than your brutality. Keep it that way. Leave the dogs to the folks who actually love them.

He's disgusting.

I hope he gets a dog that mauls him to death.

DIAF, you piece of shit.
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

Well, this was just a really stupid thing to come out and say. You want a pet? Buy a piranha, boa constrictor or a tarantula. At least they have decent built-in WMD's.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

SVZ

Die in a fucking fire you stupid evil piece of shit!

So, no one can be rehabilitated!

They let wife beaters get married again! They let pedophiles out of jail! They let child abusers have more kids!!

ETA: I am the last person to want him with a rat let alone a dog... but this is the argument folks will use!
    Last edited by *DIVA!; December 16th, 2010 at 08:07 AM.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

He's a total dumbass for even bringing it up. He's lucky he got a second chance at all.

I feel sorry that his kids have to suffer because of his actions though.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by SVZ View Post
    Die in a fucking fire you stupid evil piece of shit!
    This a thousand times!
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

You fucking dumbass. You got a second chance, everyone is talking about how good you are playing and then you go and talk about how you would like another dog? Stupid piece of shit.

FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

^^But how do you really feel greysfang?
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

^
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

I really hope he dies in a fire.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post
    I hope he gets a dog that mauls him to death.
    I'd love to see this happen.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information