Thread: USC Football 'Vacates' Nat'l Championship Win Because of Reggie Bush

Default USC Football 'Vacates' Nat'l Championship Win Because of Reggie Bush

Did a search and didn't see this posted anywhere else:

USC Football 'Vacates' Nat'l Championship Win
    Originally posted Jun 10th 2010 12:00 PM PDT by TMZ Staff
    The NCAA just blew up USC football's world by forcing the Trojans to vacate their victory in the '05 Orange Bowl ... a win that earned them the National Championship.

This all comes after an NCAA investigation concluded Reggie Bush got improper benefits while at USC.

According to the NCAA findings Bush received a car, and his family received a house and other financial benefits.

In addition to the National Championship game, USC must also vacate its 12 victories from the '05 season -- Reggie's last before turning pro -- and the university is banned from bowl games for the next 2 seasons, and on probation for 4 years.

Fight on.

NOTE: The NCAA specifically uses the word "vacate" instead of forfeit because the Trojan's opponents in those games don't get the win.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

the house that Reggie and his folks got was near my old house. I'm surprised that it took this long to make a decision.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

This is the thing that pisses me of with the NCAA...they know the majority of these athletes are getting some sort of kick backs during the time that they are playing at these schools, why wait years later to investigate?

So, when are they taking back his Heisman?
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Is there a university or college out there with an honest, above-board athletic department? Names, please? This isn't the first privileged jock to be subsidized during his college years - if it's not a house, spending money or car, it's someone to take his tests for him and pass. Isn't this fairly common?

And yeah - let's cough up the damn Heismann too.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

^^ There seem to be some schools that are much more heavy handed with these things. I don't honestly think it's across the board. USC ranks right up there. I wouldn't be totally surprised about OSU (Sorry Soj), FL, Bama and a few others.

This really pisses me off because Reggie isn't the first and won't be the last. Shit goes on at alllllll of them. Especially in the south where "football is life".
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

Quote Originally Posted by nancydrew View Post
    This really pisses me off because Reggie isn't the first and won't be the last. Shit goes on at alllllll of them. Especially in the south where "football is life".
    No, some programs run a clean ship and others don't. USC was the most blatant in recent years....you really can't hide a $600,000+ house. The SEC is pretty dirty, and Oklahoma is a perennial cheater. The NCAA has been pretty toothless for the most part in terms of sanctions handed out, but they do investigate---you can safely assume that the programs that never get investigated at all pretty much go by the book.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    ^^ There seem to be some schools that are much more heavy handed with these things. I don't honestly think it's across the board. USC ranks right up there. I wouldn't be totally surprised about OSU (Sorry Soj), FL, Bama and a few others.
    I would be surprised if Tressel is running a dirty program, not that things aren't done and there isn't booster abuse, there probably is, but Tressel seems like the straightest straight arrow of a coach that I've ever watched with regularity.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

^^ I waiver on him. He impressed me this past year and handled himself with class. I've heard some things around the Big Ten though and I wouldn't be surprised if "boosters" are "helping the kids out." I doubt any of the programs I mentioned do it to the extent of USC though.

Even on the community college level some of the players are so poor it would surprise you. Hmmm, a sex thousand dollar house is not Beverly Hills material depending on where you live. In my neighborhood, for $500,000 you get a 3 bedroom, 1 bath craftsman style house. And that's in the hood.
    ...Stopped smoking on March 8, 2011. Was trying to put a fancy ticker in my signature but it didn't work...

Well not sure about OSU, but we have plenty of other scandals ...just look at Clarett.
    Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    I would be surprised if Tressel is running a dirty program, not that things aren't done and there isn't booster abuse, there probably is, but Tressel seems like the straightest straight arrow of a coach that I've ever watched with regularity.
    I agree. If there are shenanigans going on, I do not think he would be in on it.
    ^^ I waiver on him. He impressed me this past year and handled himself with class. I've heard some things around the Big Ten though and I wouldn't be surprised if "boosters" are "helping the kids out." I doubt any of the programs I mentioned do it to the extent of USC though.
    I would not be surprised about this part, stuff going on, outside of the program itself.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

That's supposed to be "six hundred thousand" (danged sticky keyboard)
    ...Stopped smoking on March 8, 2011. Was trying to put a fancy ticker in my signature but it didn't work...

You know I don't blame the football players and their families.. Imagine if you were poor and these people come to you offering you all this money, a place to live, and a way your kid can have an "income" without it disturbing his playing time and education.. Would yo turn it down?
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Hmm, it's interesting how they waited until AFTER Reggie won a Super Bowl to force USC to vacate the title. It doesn't really impact Reggie, but what about all of those players who didn't go onto lucrative sports careers. The highlight of their playing days is wiped away because of Reggie.

Thread Information