Thread: ESPN suspends Tony Kornheiser for criticizing anchor's wardrobe

Default ESPN suspends Tony Kornheiser for criticizing anchor's wardrobe

(Diss sounds like something you'd read on GR )

ESPN suspends Tony Kornheiser for criticizing anchor's wardrobe - Y! Sports Blogs - Yahoo! Sports

ESPN has suspended former Monday Night Football analyst and host of Pardon The Interruption Tony Kornheiser for "a few days" after comments he made on the radio about the wardrobe of SportsCenter host Hannah Storm.
    Last week, Kornheiser opened his Washington D.C. radio show by critiquing the clothing Storm was wearing while hosting one of the Tuesday morning editions of "SportsCenter". He said:
    Hannah Storm in a horrifying, horrifying outfit today. She's got on red go-go boots and a catholic school plaid skirt. Way too short for somebody in her 40s or maybe early 50s by now. And she's got on her typically very, very tight shirt. So she looks like she's got sausage casing wrapping around her upper body. I mean, I know she's very good, and I'm not supposed to be critical of ESPN people, so I won't ... But, Hannah Storm, come on now! Stop! What are you doing? ... [She's] what I would call a Holden Caulfield fantasy at this point.
    Kornheiser later apologized on air for the remarks and said he called Storm to apologize. But when he wasn't on PTI yesterday, suspicions grew that ESPN had suspended Kornheiser for having the audacity to criticize a fellow employee. On Tuesday morning, he confirmed that on the radio:
    On Friday I talked about the fact that I had made intemperate and stupid remarks about Hannah Storm and that I had called her and I had apologized and we had a 15-minute chat. All of that is true... And as a result of this, I have been sent to the sidelines from PTI for a while and when I'm allowed back on PTI I will happily go back because I really love the PTI show and love all the people on the PTI show.
    Kornheiser then repeated one of his radio mantras: "If you put a live microphone in front of someone, eventually that person will say something wrong." That's true of all the radio greats like Stern, Imus and Limbaugh. (Though Kornheiser doesn't have the national following of those hosts, he's a fantastic radio personality.) And, ironically, what usually gets those guys into trouble is the stuff you wouldn't have found offensive upon first listen.
    On a given radio show, Kornheiser might say similar comments about any number of people. He got in trouble this time because ESPN has a strict policy about criticism within the network. Other personalities have been felled by the rule before, so the suspension itself wasn't all that surprising.
    It may have a drawback though. Before, the insensitive comments were heard by a select few in the D.C. area and people who frequent sports blogs. Now, they're national news.

So she looks like she's got sausage casing wrapping around her upper body.
    That sounds like something Kornheiser would say.

I'm not a fan of Hannah Storm. Sure, she was good back in the days when she was one of the first female announcers, but truly, i believe she's nothing but a teleprompter piece.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Hannah Storm was a decent sportscaster when she started. She was a bit more credible when she moved to the news shows (at the very least, she was age appropriate). The way they have her dress on ESPN now is ridiculous. She isn't 20. SHe's a mature woman with a fair amount of experience in sports. Let her showcase it and let the Debbie Matenopolous' of the world do their thing on E!.

He may have done her a favor. She ought to take notice.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Hannah was o.k. back when i was in High School but he does has a point. She wears alot of tight outfits. I mean it's not bad....and for her age it's actually pretty nice. But she dresses WAY TOO YOUNG.
    "My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat your children. Praise be to Allah." TEAM MILEY!!

I'm sure it's the ESPN execs who are deciding what she wears. She has to keep up with the Erin Andrews' of the world, you know. Hannah dressed her age on the Early Show. She should go back to it. It was far better.

Quote Originally Posted by TheONe View Post
    Hannah was o.k. back when i was in High School but he does has a point. She wears alot of tight outfits. I mean it's not bad....and for her age it's actually pretty nice. But she dresses WAY TOO YOUNG.
    it's not the too young that bothers me as much as the tacky. but yeah, she should dress a little more professionally. the guys are in suits. she could still wear a skirt and boots and a fitted sweater, just be classier about it.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Thread Information