Thread: Chav-tastic outfits for Swiss skaters

Default Chav-tastic outfits for Swiss skaters

The fashion police would definitely have something to say about some of the outfits on show at the Olympics ice skating finals.
    Leading the way was Swiss couple, Antoine Dorsaz, 20, and 16-year-old Anais Morand, in the pairs event.
    They took to the ice for their long programme wearing what can only be described as 'chav-tastic' Burberry-themed costumes.
    Anais sported sported very short shorts in the English firm's classic check, while her partner wore regular long trousers with the same design.

Enlarge
    Enlarge

Check them out: Antoine Dorsaz and Anais Morand wow the crowd with their routine... if not their outfits

Enlarge
    On edge: The Swiss couple were crowd-favourites - when the judges failed to give them good scores, they were roundly booed

The couple added insult to injury by wearing tight white tee-shirts with Burberry tartan braces printed on them.
    Unfortunately Morand took a tumble during their routine and they only managed 15th place out of 20.
    The disappointment came after they won the crowd over during their short programme, which they skated to 'Bohemian Rhapsody' by Queen.
    They pulled out some unusual moves, including one that put Ms Morand upside down between Ms Dorsazís legs ó to the delight of the stadium.
    But technically, it wasnít that tough and when the judge's marked them down, the audience booed.
    It was during the short programme that Ukrainian pairs skaters Stanislav Morozov and Tatiana Volosozhar set the standard for unusual outfits when they took to the ice in shiny blue unitards.
    One onlooker said: 'Even if they don't win, you won't forget those outfits in a hurry.'

Enlarge
    Down she goes: Then it all went horribly wrong for the couple when Anais crashed to the ice

Enlarge
    Down she goes: Anais jumped up after the fall and the game couple completed their routine

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1251469/Winter-Olympics-2010-ice-skating-finals-Antoine-Dorsaz-Anais-Morand-chav-tastic.html#ixzz0fp6U7hHi

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1251469/Winter-Olympics-2010-ice-skating-finals-Antoine-Dorsaz-Anais-Morand-chav-tastic.html#ixzz0fp6UFIjs

Hit By Ban Bus!

All I got to see was American skaters and the top 5. This was the first Olympics where they had a black couple compete (France) and we didn't even get to see.

VANCOUVER (Reuters) - Vanessa James and Yannick Bonheur of France on Monday became the first black couple to compete in Olympic pairs skating, electrifying the crowd at the Pacific Coliseum with an acrobatic free skate program.

Can someone please explain what a "Chav" is?
    "My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat your children. Praise be to Allah." TEAM MILEY!!

Silver Member

Cool

i love her blue skate dress

thanks nbc for the taped and edited games

Quote Originally Posted by TheONe View Post

It's my understanding it's the British version of white trash/trailer trash...

British version of ghetto hood rich/white trash. Poor, uneducated, living on the dole but always in tacky-ass "designer" shit and name brand logos everywhere. Burberry is a stereotypical favorite, hence the outfits.

The Burberry version looks like a novel approach, at least. [\whisper]

I would've liked to have seen James & Bonheur skate. Damn NBC.

A*O

Classic chav pose

Quote Originally Posted by Honey View Post

Enlarge
    Down she goes: Then it all went horribly wrong for the couple when Anais crashed to the ice

I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    British version of ghetto hood rich/white trash. Poor, uneducated, living on the dole but always in tacky-ass "designer" shit and name brand logos everywhere. Burberry is a stereotypical favorite, hence the outfits.
    aaah! Thank you!
    "My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat your children. Praise be to Allah." TEAM MILEY!!

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Classic chav pose

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1V-rpXxWcA[/youtube]
    It's like you ate too much crazy then puked it all over a post and hit submit - Nancydrew

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    All I got to see was American skaters and the top 5. This was the first Olympics where they had a black couple compete (France) and we didn't even get to see.

VANCOUVER (Reuters) - Vanessa James and Yannick Bonheur of France on Monday became the first black couple to compete in Olympic pairs skating, electrifying the crowd at the Pacific Coliseum with an acrobatic free skate program.
    CTV aired at least one of their routines and while I'm not big on figure skating, I loved it.

Thread Information