Page 1 of 48 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver!

Default 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver!

Like we did before, can we all PLEASE be careful about posting spoilers in thread titles regarding the Olympics? It really sucks for someone to tell you who won when you want to go home after work and watch it for yourself. For those who are new, here is a link to how we did the threads 2 years ago. Oympic diving *spoilers*

That said, who is excited about the opening ceremonies tonight? There's no way in hell they can top China, but I think Canada just might have a lot more heart in it.

FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

We're all excited up here in Canada about who is going to light the cauldron. Support is firmly behind the late Terry Fox's mother Betty. Some are speculating that a hologram of Terry will be used to light the cauldron. That would be amazing.I'd be a blubbering ball of goo if that happens. I'm sure we'll put on a show tonight. Lots of fist nation dancers and so much more. I'm so excited!

I am usually luke warm on the whole Olympic thing, until they start. Then I can really get into it! I love how they spotlight some of the athlete's and you hear their individual stories....

Looking forward to some great competitions and some exciting moments!

An athlete died in training. Damn. I always think that looks dangerous.Report: Luger dies in training-run crash - Olympic Sports- nbcsports.msnbc.com

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    That said, who is excited about the opening ceremonies tonight? There's no way in hell they can top China, but I think Canada just might have a lot more heart in it.
    If t13nif's preview of the dress rehearsal is anything to go by, "heart" is a euphemism for phallic symbolism and I eagerly await the results on Youtube tomorrow.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    An athlete died in training. Damn. I always think that looks dangerous.Report: Luger dies in training-run crash - Olympic Sports- nbcsports.msnbc.com

Damn, that is all kinds of fucked up. Poor guy.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

i love the winter olympics. and i'm glad they are on West Coast Time!!
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

i'm in yer manifesto, correcting your spelling mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    If t13nif's preview of the dress rehearsal is anything to go by, "heart" is a euphemism for phallic symbolism and I eagerly await the results on Youtube tomorrow.
    Hahaha, god i hope the cameras capture the full effect. I guess i can spill now . There are 4 totem poles which are clear and made to look like ice which rise like 4 massive cocks out of the floor of the stadium. Because they are clear, it's not immediately evident that they are totem poles...all you can see is the outline of the 'head' --literally and figuratively!

But yes, the ceremony does have a lot of heart and is stereotypically Canadian. Modest, sincere, humbly patriotic, some great music. It exceeded my expectations. Mostly i am glad that they didn't try to do anything close to the Beijing cermonies.
    "Hope everyone' shavin a good one!" - Karistiona

Can't wait. Winter sports are way more interesting IMO than summer, and I'm glued to the TV for both. Love the downhill skiing.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

I love watching the figure skating and can't wait to see that hot bitch Johnny Weir.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    I love watching the figure skating and can't wait to see that hot bitch Johnny Weir.
    did you see his little TV special? He really is a bitch! LOL
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    did you see his little TV special? He really is a bitch! LOL
    Are you talking about his show on Sundance Channel? No, I don't get that channel - dammit! I keep waiting for it to be on iTunes, but the little bit I've seen on YouTube is fucking hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post

i saw the video of the accident and it happened so fast. but that picture is just beyond words (in the article)! he flew out of his sled like BOOM! i hope for his sake, he passed instantly. he was doing what he loved. the need nets on there!

Knowing Canada, the opening ceremony will be modest, cheezy, self deprecating, and overly cultural with indian crap thrown around at every opportunity, all highlighting the togetherness and cuddly good feelings that Canada is supposed to represent, topped off with bad music by third rate Canadian Idol losers.

It's about as much as we can do, since we don't have a million chinese choreographed dancers held at gunpoint to twirl flags in front of shoddily constructed stadiums.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    Are you talking about his show on Sundance Channel? No, I don't get that channel - dammit! I keep waiting for it to be on iTunes, but the little bit I've seen on YouTube is fucking hilarious.
    yeah, on Sundance. He's got a potty mouth, and seems to really have a type of hatred for skating. But, i like his 'i don't give a shit' attitude.
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Page 1 of 48 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information