Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2009-10 Super Bowl

Default 2009-10 Super Bowl

With the Super Bowl coming up I figured we needed a thread. The Colts vs. the Saints. Take your pick. I want the Colts to win, but I think this may be the Saints' year. I'll still pick the Colts to win.

I"m going with the Saints. purely because of Drew Brees.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

WHO DAT!

Going with the Saints, they need it after Katrina. And they know how to party/celebrate better than anyplace else on the planet. I would like to participate!
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Saints are on the cover of SI. That automatically wins the Colts will win. Damn SI curse.

Go Saints! They need something to really cheer about down there. That, and I think they're the sentimental faves.

SAINTS!!

Prayer For The Saints: Blessing written and presented by Archbishop Hannan in 1968

"God, we ask your blessing upon all who participate in this event, and all who have supported our Saints. Our Heavenly Father, who has instructed us that the 'saints by fauth conquered kingdoms... and overcame lions,' grant our Saints an increase of faith and strength so that they will not only overcome the Lions, but also the Bears, the Rams, the Giants, and even those awesome people in Green Bay.
    "May they continue to tame the Redskins and fetter the Falcons as well as the Eagles. Give to our owners and coaches the continued ability to be as wise as serpents and simple as doves, so that no good talent will dodge our draft. Grant to our fans perseverance in their devotion and unlimited lung power, tempered with a sense of charity to all, including the referees.
    "May our beloved 'Bedlam Bowl' be a source of good fellowship and may the 'Saints Come Marching In' be a victory march for all, now and in eternity."
    Last edited by McJag; February 2nd, 2010 at 08:48 PM.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

^^^ Good grief....

I am rooting for the Colts to win.

Saints all the way and there shall be much partying at my house on the Superbowl! King nice pic of my boyfriend lol. Jade yes even priest take football serious in Louisiana lol!
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

I don't care, but I'm rooting for the Saints.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    Saints all the way and there shall be much partying at my house on the Superbowl! King nice pic of my boyfriend lol. Jade yes even priest take football serious in Louisiana lol!
    I made sure I got a good pic of Brees. I didn't want you or RevellingInsane to cut me if I didn't. LOL.

And I guess Jade and I are the only ones pulling for the Colts.

Saints!

and on that note.... http://www.wwltv.com/news/Whoownswhodat-82841572.html
    NEW ORLEANS - As the Saints' appearance in their first Super Bowl gets closer, the marketplace is being flooded with Saints merchandise and memorabilia as businesses are looking to cash in on the euphoria, but the NFL is cracking down on the use of their trademarks, including the iconic phrase "Who Dat."
    But who really owns "Who Dat"? Does anyone? Who is a “Who Dat?” What is a “Who Dat?” Who owns the phrase, "Who Dat?"
    They're all questions Fleurty Girl t-shirt shop owner Lauren Thom is being forced to answer.
    “The NFL is not a company that I want to rock the boat with, but I definitely want to look into it further to see what my rights are,” Thom said.
    Two weeks ago, Thom got a cease and desist order from the NFL.
    “They're telling me not to print anymore shirts and to get rid of the inventory that I have because it says the words 'Who dat' and it has a gold fleur de lis on the shirt,” she said.
    But Thom’s t-shirt isn’t the only one the NFL has a problem with. Storyville t-shirt shop also got a cease and desist order for two of their t-shirts.
    “I really thought the 'Who Dat' was something that belonged to the people more than to the Saints or to the NFL or anything else,” said Storyville co-owner Josh Harvey.
    According to NFL spokesman Dan Masonson, "Any unauthorized use of the Saints colors and other [marks] designed to create the illusion of an affiliation with the Saints is equally a violation of the Saints trademark rights because it allows a third party to 'free ride' by profiting from confusion of the team's fans, who want to show support for the Saints."
    Loyola Law School intellectual property professor Ray Arieaux said the ownership of 'Who Dat' may be a gray area.
    “Is there some unfair trade taking place because maybe the public does associate that with the Saints? The question is what does the public associate with 'Who Dat,'" Arieaux asked.
    And the NFL isn't the only company claiming ownership of the phrase.
    Sal and Steve Monistere recorded a version of "When the Saints Go Marching In" in the early eighties and incorporated the "Who Dat" chant into it. Aaron Neville recorded it, and performed with our own Eric Paulsen in an early '80's video version.
    Because the song helped create the widespread use of the “Who Dat” chant, the Monisteres and their company, Who Dat, inc., say they own "Who Dat."
    “If they really do own it, what they want to do is, we'll come out together and have a shirt that says ‘Defend Who Dat.’ Because it started by the fans and its for the fans,” Thom said.
    Some say "Who Dat" came from an 1890's jazz song, but when it comes to modern-day ownership of "Who Dat," Arieaux said the more sources of it, the less likely it is that anyone owns it, and ownership all depends on what people think of when they see or hear "Who Dat."
    “Do they think about fans supporting or do they think about, oh, it's something really from the Saints and the NFL? And I don't know the answer to that,” Arieaux said.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Let the party planning begin!!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Rooting for my numbers on my various Superbowl boards...

But would secretly love to see Peyton Manning LOSE.

Alot of people are getting pissed about the Who Dat, personally I don't see how anyone can lay claim to it and they all (nfl and tom benson) should stfu. Ffs the Saints are not the only team to use the chant, but their fans have made it famous so maybe(if anyone can lay claim to it) it belongs to the fans. Hell who dat is "hey how ya doing" in Louisianaspeak, so what are they going to tax us if we say it
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Go Colts. I like Peyton Manning and hell my Chiefs suck ass.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information