Thread: UFC fighter Brock Lesnar calls Canada a 'Third World country'

Default UFC fighter Brock Lesnar calls Canada a 'Third World country'

Third world country, my ass. He obviously hasn't seen first hand the state of health care in a 3rd world country. I think he's been hit one time too many in the ole noggin.

UFC fighter Brock Lesnar calls Canada a 'Third World country' - Sports Pros(e)

UFC fighter Brock Lesnar calls Canada a 'Third World country'

January 21, 2010 6:48 AM

Ultimate Fighting Championship heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar finally weighed in on the Canadian health care system yesterday in press conference announcing his return to fighting after a bout with diverticulitis.

Lesnar described his harrowing illness, which reportedly struck him while hunting in Manitoba, and the subsequent quality of care he received north of the border.
    "I love Canada," said Lesnar. "Some of the best people and best hunting in the world, but I wasn't in the right facility."
    "They couldn't do nothing for me," he added. "It was like I was in a Third World country, I just looked at my wife and she saved my life and I had to get out of there."
    That wife? Why, it's former WWE wrestling superstar Sable.

Of course it is.
    Lesnar, a self-described "carnivore, says his diverticulitis was brought on by his all-protein diet.

For those of you who aren't doctors, that's when saclike herniations form on the outside of the colon and become inflamed.

It sound just miserable.

The fighting enthusiast used these herniations to stump against the health care bill. This is America, after all.
    "The only reason I'm mentioning this, I'm mentioning it to the United States of America because President Obama is looking for health care reform and I don't want it ... I'm speaking on behalf of Americans, I'm speaking on behalf of our doctors in the United States that don't want this to happen and neither do I."
    Glad he's OK, but not sure how much credence he should be given on this issue. He's comparing treatment from the Mayo Clinic to what is believed to be a rural outpost in Manitoba.

Not exactly a fair fight.

We'll see if the notorious nice people of Canada take umbrage with any of this.
    Rock the fuck on!

Diverticulitis isn't life threatening. His wife didn't save his life. Sounds like a moron.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

He was in Manitoba? Bitch, be glad someone didn't chop your head off on a greyhound bus.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

What a fucking idiot. Canada is at least the equal of the US, if not superior in some ways, you moron. I would pick Manitoba over West Virginia any fucking time, even though it is frozen tundra six months of the year(WinterPeg).
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Schmuck.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Hit By Ban Bus!

Cool tsk tsk tsk.....

Quote Originally Posted by heart_leigh View Post
    Third world country, my ass. He obviously hasn't seen first hand the state of health care in a 3rd world country. I think he's been hit one time too many in the ole noggin.

UFC fighter Brock Lesnar calls Canada a 'Third World country' - Sports Pros(e)

UFC fighter Brock Lesnar calls Canada a 'Third World country'

January 21, 2010 6:48 AM

Ultimate Fighting Championship heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar finally weighed in on the Canadian health care system yesterday in press conference announcing his return to fighting after a bout with diverticulitis.

Lesnar described his harrowing illness, which reportedly struck him while hunting in Manitoba, and the subsequent quality of care he received north of the border.
    "I love Canada," said Lesnar. "Some of the best people and best hunting in the world, but I wasn't in the right facility."

"They couldn't do nothing for me," he added. "It was like I was in a Third World country, I just looked at my wife and she saved my life and I had to get out of there."
    That wife? Why, it's former WWE wrestling superstar Sable.

Of course it is.
    Lesnar, a self-described "carnivore, says his diverticulitis was brought on by his all-protein diet.

For those of you who aren't doctors, that's when saclike herniations form on the outside of the colon and become inflamed.

It sound just miserable.

The fighting enthusiast used these herniations to stump against the health care bill. This is America, after all.
    "The only reason I'm mentioning this, I'm mentioning it to the United States of America because President Obama is looking for health care reform and I don't want it ... I'm speaking on behalf of Americans, I'm speaking on behalf of our doctors in the United States that don't want this to happen and neither do I."
    Glad he's OK, but not sure how much credence he should be given on this issue. He's comparing treatment from the Mayo Clinic to what is believed to be a rural outpost in Manitoba.

Not exactly a fair fight.

We'll see if the notorious nice people of Canada take umbrage with any of this.

They couldn't do ANYTHING for you, Brock. And you are not a "carnivore", you're an "omnivore".
    Idiot.
    (I'm Canadian and live in Manitoba)

Hit By Ban Bus!

Wink hmmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    What a fucking idiot. Canada is at least the equal of the US, if not superior in some ways, you moron. I would pick Manitoba over West Virginia any fucking time, even though it is frozen tundra six months of the year(WinterPeg).
    It's Winnipeg, and no, it's not frozen tundra. Funny how nobody mentions our hot summers.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Default uh......

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    He was in Manitoba? Bitch, be glad someone didn't chop your head off on a greyhound bus.
    Bus came in from Alberta......

Hit By Ban Bus!

Well it's right up there with Paris Hilton and her "I hate England, I can't understand them they speak French"

Wild Bill's hosts some UFC events to which my daughter has worked part time doing security work. She said they always have fights outside because they are so hopped up on steroids.

and..........

I'm not a democrat and at the moment I'm not even a good republican but we need a good health care system. The insurance companies are giving it to us right up the butt. A CT scan cost 9 thousand dollars? If you have a problem no one wants to insure you? We are insurance poor. You pay a gazillion dollars for insurance and yet the insurance company pays maybe 80 percent of what they feel you owe? bull shit.

Neither side (republicans or democrats) give a crap about this country any more all they care about is whose side wins the debate and I'm f'in sick of it. So I don't give a rats ass who gets me a health care package as long as it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Murphee View Post
    Bus came in from Alberta......
    I used to live in Alberta and I approve this message.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Alright, I'll get blasted for this but I sort of see what he's saying. He said he was at the wrong facility, not the wrong country.

We live right next to a top 20 US hospital. When my daughter got sick, the first thing my husband said was that he was happy we weren't in his hometown. Smaller hospitals do provide good basic care but they aren't always equipped with resources or knowledge for something more advanced.

Diverticulitis is common but it can't progress to a surgical emergency in some cases. If his was one of them, I can see why he'd want to be transferred to a bigger surgical center.

Quote Originally Posted by Murphee View Post
    It's Winnipeg, and no, it's not frozen tundra. Funny how nobody mentions our hot summers.
    Even the people from Winnipeg call it Winterpeg, and I know full well about your/their short, fly-and-mosquito-filled summers thanks.

And they(the summers) are not mentioned because they are short and the winters are very long, with Winnipeg being one of the largest (over 500,000 population) coldest winter cities in the world, being in the company of places like Irkutsk, Russia, Ulaan Baatar Mongolia, etc.

But it could be worse..Winterpeg could be Frozenbanks, Alaska, or Edmuntundra, Alberta.

And at least I didn't call it "Murdertoba".
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Bronze Member

I'm from MB and my mom has the same thing and she has been treated perfectly well!

idiot.

Thread Information