Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cincinnati Bengal WR Chris Henry falls out of truck, has "life threatening injuries"

Default Cincinnati Bengal WR Chris Henry falls out of truck, has "life threatening injuries"

Bengals WR faces ‘life-threatening’ injuries
    Henry reportedly falls out back of truck during domestic dispute
    BREAKING NEWS
    The Associated Press
    updated 4:34 p.m. PT, Wed., Dec . 16, 2009

Cincinnati Bengals receiver Chris Henry, shown at a game on Oct. 4, faces life-threatening injuries after falling out the back of a truck.

CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Cincinnati Bengals receiver Chris Henry suffered serious injuries after falling out of the back of a pickup truck during a domestic dispute with his fiancee, police said Wednesday.

Henry was found in the road in south Charlotte “apparently suffering life-threatening injuries,” according to Charlotte-Mecklenburg police. Henry was transported to Carolinas Medical Center, the local trauma unit, but spokesman Scott White said he was not listed in hospital records and had no other information.

Police said a dispute began at a home just before noon and Henry jumped into the bed of the pickup truck as his unidentified fiancee was driving away from the residence.

“The domestic situation continued between the operator and Mr. Henry,” the police said in a statement. “At some point while she was driving, Mr. Henry came out of the back of the vehicle.”

Henry was found on a residential street about a half mile away from the home when police were called to the scene after a medic report that a man was down.

Henry’s agent, Kenneth Rush, did not immediately return phone and e-mail messages.

Henry broke his left forearm during a win over Baltimore on Nov. 8, had surgery and was placed on season-ending injured reserve. Charlotte is home to his fiancee’s parents, the Bengals said.

Team spokesman Jack Brennan said he had little information other than Henry was badly hurt.

“We are aware he was in an accident and that his injuries are very serious,” Brennan said. “We are obviously staying in touch with the situation and are ready to offer whatever assistance we can.”

Henry is in the final year of his contract with the Bengals, who let him go after his fifth arrest following the 2007 season. Owner Mike Brown then brought him back a few months later, signing him to a two-year deal, and Henry had stayed out of trouble since his return.

A deep threat, he was fourth among Bengals receivers this season with 12 catches for 236 yards and two touchdowns at the time of his injury.

For more on this developing story, go to profootballtalk.com.

URL: Bengals WR faces ‘life-threatening’ injuries - NFL- nbcsports.msnbc.com
    MSN Privacy . Legal
    © 2009 NBCSports.com

Jeezus how many times has this guiy been arrested and given chances over and over?

Hung jury, WTF?

"Talent" trumps common sense and decency. If his fiancee was trying to run away from an abusive situation, no sympathies at all from me here.

I guess Henry decided that things had been too quiet on the arrest front for the Bengals long enough.

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

We are all in shock in Cincinnati. Chris had a rough start but had really turned his life around over the past two years! He's a favorite of Carson Palmer and was becoming more popular with the fans.

Everyone deserves a second chance and it appeared that Chris was looking for his.. and now this.

So sad. Homicide is investigating.. rumors are that he wont make it throught night.

I don't believe the initial police reports indicated any physical abuse towards the fiance... not sure why she continued driving after he jumped in the back of the truck? Bad situation all around!

I am hearing that he has died. Wow,...such a wild story. I am sure more will be coming out soon on this.

fgg

so sad.

NFL Star Chris Henry Dies

Posted Dec 17th 2009 9:40AM by TMZ Staff
    NFL star Chris Henry has died as a result of the injuries he sustained after falling out of the back of a moving pick-up truck yesterday.

Charlotte-Mecklenburg police tell TMZ Henry died at 6:36 AM EST this morning.

He was 26.

As we previously reported, cops believe Henry -- a wide receiver on the Cincinnati Bengals -- jumped into the back of the truck, in an attempt to stop his fiancee from leaving a "domestic situation" at her parents' home in North Carolina.

Henry was rushed to a local hospital -- where he passed away this morning.

Authorities tell us they're still investigating the situation.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0ZxdZRq4C

that's so sad.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Damn.. RIP
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

it's sad i guess but who the hell jumps on the back of a moving truck? dumbass.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

not too bright what he did, but its a shame, he seemed to be turning his life around.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Wow that is sad. RIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

RIP.

So they got in a fight and he jumped out the truck? Geez.

Very sad...I watched a biography special about him on the NFL network a little more than a month ago and it really showed how he was turning his life around for the better. It's a shame.
    "My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat your children. Praise be to Allah." TEAM MILEY!!

I don't know much about him, but it seems like he was getting his life back in order. So young...sad.

Happy trails to you...until we meet again.
    I love & miss you Dad.

so stupid

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information