Thread: NFL/Directv suck monkey butt

Default NFL/Directv suck monkey butt

I am a Cleveland girl, sports allegiances are hereditary and biological and not readily understood because Cleveland teams ALWAYS break our hearts. I pay Directv ridiculous amounts of money to show me my Cleveland teams in Montana. It works okay EXCEPT WHEN THEY FUCKING SUCK SUCK SUCK.

Today, the Browns are playing (almost competively) in Denver. I live a mere 700 miles from Denver. Directv showed the first half of the game but blacked out the 2d half. WHAT THE EVER LOVING CRAP IS THAT??? Upon my oh so polite phone call, I was told it was the NFL's decision. Did they think I would jump into my car and drive 700 miles during halftime to attend a sold-out game???

//rant over (for the moment)
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

I have had DirecTV and the NFL ticket for over 5 yrs. I LOVE IT. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT. Being a Cowboys fan in Upstate NY can be difficult, but I almost always get to see the game because of 'The Ticket'.
    HOWEVER, there have been times when a game has been blacked out or some shit and yea, it's frustrating, but that's just the nature of the beast.
    Hang in there! Did the Browns win?

We have never had a black out here. I don't see why they would pull that for the second half! Rats!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

We've had the NFL ticket since moving back to the states and my husband just loves it. I think he's mentioned that they do that sometimes because another game is more exciting and would pull more viewers? I'm not sure, I'll have to ask.

Thank you all for your support, it's been a difficult day (helps)

Oh silly Lynnie - Browns win? I'm a realist, just aiming for a relevant touchdown this year. 1 TD (in junk time last week) in 8 games straight games. I think they were on to something when they let the college teams play in the Stadium yesterday.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll

Sorry babe...it ain't easy loving a team that makes it difficult.

Hope the DirecTV thing works out. Next time, if they drop the game midway through, go to the 'Red Zone Channel', think its like channel 702 and they will still show highlights of games that are blacked out. Though, only when one of the teams is in the red zone......so if there isn't much scoring on, might not be worth your time.

I'm just glad to hear there's another Browns fan out there.

I'm still loyal, and yes, they do regularly disappoint, but someone's gotta love 'em....

PS~ my fam and friends here in Akron, OH, were all PO'd because they couldn't get the Steeler's game on TV today. Browns were on though...

I heard some of the sports casters talking about this over the weekend. The stadiums are losing money because people buy NFL Ticket and sit home and watch the games on cable or network tv for free. This season they are doing more blackouts than ever before, in hopes that more people will buy tickets and actually attend games.

They said the 2010 season will be even worse,...with possibly only 15% of the games showed on television next year. This is all due to the NFL leauge and the NFL commisioner,....the fuckers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sherbear905 View Post
    I'm just glad to hear there's another Browns fan out there.

I'm still loyal, and yes, they do regularly disappoint, but someone's gotta love 'em....

PS~ my fam and friends here in Akron, OH, were all PO'd because they couldn't get the Steeler's game on TV today. Browns were on though...
    Between the Browns and the Indians, it has been just horrid to be a Cleveland fan...preseason basketball starts tonight!! So are your friends/fam bandwagon Steelers fans or just rooted for winners in the 70's (which may actually be worse)?? They can have a pass if lifelong Steeltown fans, but ya can't bitch about it when you live in NE OH, right?

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    I heard some of the sports casters talking about this over the weekend. The stadiums are losing money because people buy NFL Ticket and sit home and watch the games on cable or network tv for free. This season they are doing more blackouts than ever before, in hopes that more people will buy tickets and actually attend games.

They said the 2010 season will be even worse,...with possibly only 15% of the games showed on television next year. This is all due to the NFL leauge and the NFL commisioner,....the fuckers!!!
    Yup, that's the story because the NFL will (and always have) blackout games in the "viewing region" [note: MT is considered in the viewing area for Seattle, Denver and Minneapolis (dumbasses)] unless the game is sold out. My issue was that Denver DID sell out the season, thus avoiding blackouts for all games for their home games. It was random and generally against their rules. Plus, wasted $$ for me.

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    Between the Browns and the Indians, it has been just horrid to be a Cleveland fan...preseason basketball starts tonight!! So are your friends/fam bandwagon Steelers fans or just rooted for winners in the 70's (which may actually be worse)?? They can have a pass if lifelong Steeltown fans, but ya can't bitch about it when you live in NE OH, right?
    Triple whammy~~ ex husband / son's father is from Pittsburgh, so my past home was decorated in Steeler's stuff during football season. My son, born in Ohio, is a die-hard Steeler's fan. My current beau is from PA, and has just recently (months) moved here, yep, Steeler's fan from childhood. Father moved to PA 20 years ago, was a Steeler's fan before that, but back in that day, it wasn't spoken about.. All of the others are new fans.

Yeah, thank goodness for basketball...

Aha, lifelong allegiances are important. You get a pass for consorting with such folk.

Thread Information