Thread: Not-so-quick-on-the draw Plaxico Burress indicted on weapons charge

Default Not-so-quick-on-the draw Plaxico Burress indicted on weapons charge

Former Super Bowl star Burress indicted on weapons charges

By Arash Markazi, SI.com

Former New York Giants wide receiver Plaxico Burress was indicted by a Manhattan grand jury on weapons charges stemming from an incident last November in which Burress accidentally shot himself in the thigh at a New York nightclub, prosecutors announced Monday.
    Burress, 31, was indicted on two felony counts of criminal possession of a weapon and one count of reckless endangerment, according to the announcement by the Manhattan District Attorney Robert Morgenthau.
    New York Giants linebacker Antonio Pierce, Burress' former teammate who was with him at the club and drove him to the hospital, was not indicted for his role in the incident, according to the prosecutor's announcement.
    No one else is likely to face charges in the case, Morgenthau said.
    Burress faces 3 to 15 years in prison if convicted of the weapon possession charges, and up to one year if convicted of the reckless endangerment charge, according to the announcement. If convicted of both charges, his sentences for the two would run concurrently. He pleaded not guilty to weapons charges earlier this year and is free on $100,000 bail.
    "The case was treated like any similar case against any other defendant," Morgenthau said in the statement. "The grand jury did what it thought was fair."
    Burress, who caught the winning touchdown for the Giants over the New England Patriots in the final minute of last year's Super Bowl, was released by the Giants in April and has yet to sign with another team. He could face disciplinary action by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell under the league's personal conduct policy if and when he returns to the league.
    NFL star who shot self in leg is indicted

Idiot.

That's okay - maybe he'll do a little jail time, then get out and get reinstated like Vick. Ah, to be a professional athlete.

Plax will definitely be playing football again. Hopefully, the Giants won't be dumb enough to take him back.

Dumbass....dude probably cannot even spell his name. Anyone heard him interviewed before? Holy shit....

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    That's okay - maybe he'll do a little jail time, then get out and get reinstated like Vick. Ah, to be a professional athlete.
    MAYBE 2 months minimum sec. camp, and rest of time credited for "time served and good behavior."

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Plax will definitely be playing football again. Hopefully, the Giants won't be dumb enough to take him back.

I doubt he will be back if he has to do any time, he's already in his 30s.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

i doubt the Giants would take him back. My guess is that some sad sack team like Detroit or the Raiders would take him for a year.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Ding dong is going to jail for shooting himself in the thigh... that is novel!

OT, I like the name Plaxico.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    I doubt he will be back if he has to do any time, he's already in his 30s.
    If he gets the maximum sentence, he won't play again. But I don't see Plax getting 15 years for shooting himself. The max he would probably get would be 2 or 3 years.

Hell, Daunte Stallworth got drunk, killed somebody and only got 30 days in jail. The NFL was dumb enough to let Stallworth & Vick come back, they'll let Plax come back, too.

Thread Information